Ravens re-sign TE Nick Boyle for 3 years

DreamKid

6 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

If we go back throughout the history of this forum you say 80%+ of the moves we make are bad and get all upset over them.

Wonder how a team that makes that many bad moves consistently has been under .500 once in 11 years. Funny how that works. Especially with a coach in Harbaugh leading them - who you constantly spout off about being overrated too.

We've made the playoffs twice in the last 8 years, but yeah warp that however you want. If you think we've gotten to this position by making nothing but amazing moves, well I really don't know what to tell you.

24 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We've made the playoffs twice in the last 8 years, but yeah warp that however you want. If you think we've gotten to this position by making nothing but amazing moves, well I really don't know what to tell you.

We've made the playoffs twice in the last 5 years bud

It's 4 of the last 8

But again, do your thing big dog

Edited by Ray Reed

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

2014 was 5 seasons ago....meaning we've made it twice in the last 5 years....

8 seasons ago was 2011....we've made it 4 times since then.....

do you

Whatever. My math was slightly off. Since we won the Superbowl in 2012, we've made the playoffs twice. If you believe we've been making good decisions since 2012, I don't know what to tell you. Therefore, if you're upset people have found the large majority of moves we've made over the years to be questionable when the team has been .500 with lots of bad contracts and signings, then I think you're upset at the wrong people.

FWIW, this is really the only move I've been opposed to this entire offseason. The only other move I've questioned even a little bit was how much money we gave Tavon Young - but that's it.

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We've made the playoffs twice in the last 8 years.

You do greatly exaggerate our playoff drought awfully frequently.

4 playoff appearances, 3 near misses, 1 bad season in the last 8. That's a lot more than slightly off math.

Have you only ever followed great teams to the point that you can't identify a truly bad team?

Edited by wackywabbit

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

You do greatly exaggerate our playoff drought awfully frequently.

4 playoff appearances, 3 near misses, 1 bad season in the last 8. That's a lot more than slightly off math.

Have you only ever followed great teams to the point that you can't identify a truly bad team?

We're not bad - we're average. Our record shows that, and basically everything shows that. You don't go from making the playoffs every year to making it twice since 2012 whilst making great decisions.

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We're not bad - we're average. Our record shows that, and basically everything shows that. You don't go from making the playoffs every year to making it twice since 2012 whilst making great decisions.

We're a 10 win team. That's clearly above average. 

I've just decided that a 1 year window is the only range that matters.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Depending on a agreeable price proportionate to value of player:

Mosley, Bell, Earl Thomas, Honey Badger, John Brown and Tevin Coleman would have their agents called for sure.

???

Over Nick Boyle?

Dude was soft and broke down as the season went on. He didn’t want to go over the middle or make contested catches. He absolutely should not see any energy from us. Flacco went down and Brown abandoned ship. He can join Flacco in Denver for all I care. Good riddance.

Boyle had better hands and made plays with his blocking and hands that is right there with the full year that Brown put in... only he’s not soft. But I guess I’m also very much in the anti-Brown community.

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

???

Over Nick Boyle?

Dude was soft and broke down as the season went on. He didn’t want to go over the middle or make contested catches. He absolutely should not see any energy from us. Flacco went down and Brown abandoned ship. He can join Flacco in Denver for all I care. Good riddance.

Boyle had better hands and made plays with his blocking and hands that is right there with the full year that Brown put in... only he’s not soft. But I guess I’m also very much in the anti-Brown community.

Can you blame him? Wr's want the ball, not to block...

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

???

Over Nick Boyle?

Not necessarily, but the present composition of the team needs a John Brown more than it needs Boyle. Whatever legitimate gripes you have with Brown should push his value down. I don't really buy the idea that he quit on the team to the level you think. But, if we lock him up on a 3 year deal for about Boyle money, he doesn't have to worry about future contracts and the direction the offense goes.

He and Lamar certainly could improve their productivity. They definitely had at least 2 big plays called back because of unrelated penalties.

1 hour ago, paraven said:

Can you blame him? Wr's want the ball, not to block...

Yes, I can blame him, because Crabtree was in the same situation and embraced his role. 

I can accept a diva WR if he is producing like Odell Beckham or Antonio Brown, not when he's a nobody like John Brown. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Yes, I can blame him, because Crabtree was in the same situation and embraced his role. 

I can accept a diva WR if he is producing like Odell Beckham or Antonio Brown, not when he's a nobody like John Brown. 

That guy is just trolling Jackson. Don't take his opinions on anything related seriously.

• Like 1