Who is going to trade for Antonio Brown?

brownie man

Which Teams Trades for AB?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your team and post the compensation

• Carolina Panthers
    • Green Bay Packers
    • Oakland Raiders
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • San Francisco
    • Other please put

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

If I am new orleans, I make the move

Who needs draft picks? Their window is now

Eagles also seem possible, but less likely. Seattle and packers also make sense. 

Mixed emotions on this.

Saints need WR help bad, and this is about as good as it gets, but dude comes with a lot of baggage, a huge contract, and could possibly cause friction with their already diva in the making Michael Thomas. 

Also not sure if Brees' current arm strength can really take advantage of AB's downfield speed.

17 minutes ago, N4L said:

Eagles also seem possible, but less likely. Seattle and packers also make sense. 

Have mixed emotions also.  I would have loved AB a few years ago or even last year, but Brees is only getting older and I’m not sure it’s worth risking friction with Michael Thomas, who’s a much better stylistic fit for Brees.

I'm still holding out hope for Vince McMahon and the XFL.  It's just a question of what they would send in return to the Steelers.  Maybe there's some residual relationship left over from the Tommy Maddox days?

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Isn't the Saints near their cap?  Not to mention, they're pretty damn limited in what they can deal.  They gave up their FRP to move up to select Marcus Davenport and they gave up a 3rd for Teddy Bridgewater.

19 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I don't need him to be defended. I'm still a strong Aaron Rodgers supporter regardless of the way our season turned out last year. However, I'm not naive enough to believe that Aaron Rodgers doesn't have an ownership mentality nor that he doesn't have an ego - in fact, I don't care that he does. As arguably one of if not the most gifted player to ever play at that position he's earned that right. I simply question whether Antonio Brown can handle that if he can't handle Big Ben.

Not to draw this out...in an Antonio Brown thread...but I fail to see the majority of this diva behavior attributed to Rodgers by Packer fans. It all seems to be something they "just know". What has Rodgers done that's been so detrimental to the team?

31 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Isn't the Saints near their cap?  Not to mention, they're pretty damn limited in what they can deal.  They gave up their FRP to move up to select Marcus Davenport and they gave up a 3rd for Teddy Bridgewater.

That would be, "Aren't the Saints near their cap?", actually.

And yeah, they are. Doubtful Brown goes there. 

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Not to draw this out...in an Antonio Brown thread...but I fail to see the majority of this diva behavior attributed to Rodgers by Packer fans. It all seems to be something they "just know". What has Rodgers done that's been so detrimental to the team?

That would be, "Aren't the Saints near their cap?", actually.

And yeah, they are. Doubtful Brown goes there. 

You're clearly not a Packer fan and therefore don't pay attention to the same things we pay attention to. There have been multiple players that have left Green Bay and commented on Aaron Rodgers ego. However, there have also been multiple players that have left and commented on his leadership ability as well. With that said, often times where there is smoke there is fire. I'll take Rodgers personality as an acquired taste or you either love the guy or you hate the guy. 

Antonio Brown is at this point in time an unpredictable personality that is asking to become the highest paid WR in the league and a team like Green Bay isn't going to address their #2 position with #1 WR money for a personality that matches some of the past personalities we've pushed out of that locker room since Gute took over as the GM and IF we were to do that it would have to be on a low-risk pick compensation and not a 1st and a HIGH pick next year like you predicted. Make sense? Glad we got that over with. 

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Antonio Brown is at this point in time an unpredictable personality that is asking to become the highest paid WR in the league and a team like Green Bay isn't going to address their #2 position with #1 WR money for a personality that matches some of the past personalities we've pushed out of that locker room since Gute took over as the GM and IF we were to do that it would have to be on a low-risk pick compensation and not a 1st and a HIGH pick next year like you predicted. Make sense? Glad we got that over with. 

We'll see what happens.

I pray you're correct about Brown, and I'm not. 

9 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

We'll see what happens.

I pray you're correct about Brown, and I'm not. 

eh possibly, I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time in my life and certainly wouldn't be the last lol.

59 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They can go to brees and say 'we were going to pay you 20 million this year, but instead we will give you 9 million and get Antonio brown for 11 million, lets go win a superbowl'. I think he would say yes to that.

They could trade a future second or whatever to make the deal. 

Its possible, that's all I'm saying

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Isn't the Saints near their cap? 

Estimated cap space: 9M

Plus - supposedly team are getting turned off cause Brown is demanding a reworked contract - which may not up his cost (I mean, give me a break, the guys already making good coin, so I dont see how he can demand a raise) - but I think he's shopping for a new contract that transfers his cash into guaranteed status.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

They are. That's never stopped them from kicking the proverbial money can down the road though....

There's always a way to make it work if that's what they really want to do.

1 hour ago, N4L said:

They can go to brees and say 'we were going to pay you 20 million this year, but instead we will give you 9 million and get Antonio brown for 11 million, lets go win a superbowl'. I think he would say yes to that.

They could trade a future second or whatever to make the deal. 

Its possible, that's all I'm saying

This. It is possible. Part of me wants to see what that offense would look like, part of me is like no, no....HELL NO

Archived