rcon14 Mock 2.0

rcon14

Beautiful stuff @rcon14 very nicely done. I'm never a lover of mocks that have trades, so it is high praise that you won me over, anyway.

Love those first 6 draft picks (don't know so much about the last three). McGary has some limitations (even at guard), but for where you got him, that's ok, because his faults are technique, so he has a chance to be taught better feet/hand use.

Love the trio of vet FAs too (Weddle, Spain and a re-positioned Barr). A RG, safety and edge, allow great freedom in the draft. I'm not sure we get three guys that good, but it really isn't all that unrealistic, either, and makes a nice change from going the Saffold, L.Collins route.

Burns (after seeing his combine) is my favourite LTBT (likely to be there) at #12. I'd take Ed Oliver over him, but he ranks above DL Wilkins and just about tops Sweat, as well. It's early for a safety at #30, but in this draft who are the real FS types ? Adderley, Thornhill, Gardner-Johnson, D.Savage...........and I would really like to see CB Amani Oruwariye tried as a safety (6'2", 205, 4.47 40, 6.82 3cone, 4.16 20yd shuttle, 17 reps on the bar), he looked rather good at the combine as well. So, not so many good prospects there (I liked Mike Bell as a later FS pick as well.............. until he ran a 40 like he was wading through mud). TE Warring was an interesting choice, definitely an "I've seen his combine" pick, that sub 4.7 40 solidified him as a legit seam-stretcher.

Been a fan of the Barr acquisition for a long time. (there are NO elite, proven edge guys available).  Also a big Burns fan #12.

A big no to Weddle.  Especially if you have him in the box.  34 year old safeties? No thanks.  Would rather have a FA/draft pick combo of Tre Boston/Rapp.

Liked the draft picks though.  Especially Warring, best value at the TE position.

Archived