New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

That sounds like a scary situation. I can’t say I have any experience with what you’re going through, but I’m hoping you guys figure it out to make things safer and less stressful for everyone in your family. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Forge said:

People really trying to act like they have a problem with Angel Reese right now. 

I did think it was funny that she waited until they were up 16 pts with under a minute left to pull it out. I didn’t watch a lot of the tournament, but even I know how dominant Clark has been.

I think Clark was one of the rare cases that you consider a player for MVP from the losing team, or at least should have been.

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I did think it was funny that she waited until they were up 16 pts with under a minute left to pull it out. I didn’t watch a lot of the tournament, but even I know how dominant Clark has been.

I think Clark was one of the rare cases that you consider a player for MVP from the losing team, or at least should have been.

I'm sure that there was plenty of smack talk on the court. Clark likes to do it too, so I'd be floored if there was no back and forth. But even if there wasn't, I also don't have a problem with waiting and being hyper focused and letting your play do the talking on the court and then letting it out at the end as a cathartic release. 

But even then, it's just such a weird thing to blow up like it did. I mean, that stuff is as old as sports, and the heat of battle is still there at the end of the game and even afterward. Richard Sherman's press conference about Crabtree. Hell, Frank Clarks interview about Jimmy G. Deion picked off a pass in the super bowl against the chargers when it was like 49-18 or something and told them to look at the scoreboard. These are usually highly alpha personalities, so I have no problem whatsoever with them going after it. And i certainly am not cutting breaks for someone going 85% in their trash talking and taunting while another person goes all out 100% lol. 

I would have considered Clark for sure, but Reese all set a record for most double doubles in a tournament too, so while her play didn't score as many points, she was pretty dominant as well and being on the winning team probably just gives her an edge. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm sure that there was plenty of smack talk on the court. Clark likes to do it too, so I'd be floored if there was no back and forth. But even if there wasn't, I also don't have a problem with waiting and being hyper focused and letting your play do the talking on the court and then letting it out at the end as a cathartic release. 

But even then, it's just such a weird thing to blow up like it did. I mean, that stuff is as old as sports, and the heat of battle is still there at the end of the game and even afterward. Richard Sherman's press conference about Crabtree. Hell, Frank Clarks interview about Jimmy G. Deion picked off a pass in the super bowl against the chargers when it was like 49-18 or something and told them to look at the scoreboard. These are usually highly alpha personalities, so I have no problem whatsoever with them going after it. And i certainly am not cutting breaks for someone going 85% in their trash talking and taunting while another person goes all out 100% lol. 

I would have considered Clark for sure, but Reese all set a record for most double doubles in a tournament too, so while her play didn't score as many points, she was pretty dominant as well and being on the winning team probably just gives her an edge. 

Yeah, like you said, its part of the game and has been happening forever. I think I’d be able to respect it a little more if the game wasn’t in the bag personally. It’s super easy to be confident when you have pretty much no chance to lose. 

I'm not really on social media so I'm not exactly following what happened. From what I've seen Clark has been doing the hand wave celebration all tournament and people are made Reese mocked her? Is that it?

7 hours ago, Geek said:

I'm not really on social media so I'm not exactly following what happened. From what I've seen Clark has been doing the hand wave celebration all tournament and people are made Reese mocked her? Is that it?

It's not quite the same as that because Angel went above and beyond lol. She tried to do the hand wave thing, and if you look at the video, it seems like Clark probably didn't see it...so Reese then followed her for about 10-15 seconds until she got in Clark's eyesight so that she could do the hand wave thing in her face lol. Then she pointed to her finger and basically walked away. When Clark had done it previously, she had done it mostly in passing as she walked by someone. 

But clark also told someone to "shut up, you're down 15 points" and has an entire meme promo about the hand wave thing. She does the shrug thing all the time on the court as well. Clark is frankly a pretty good smack talker and taunts quite a bit. She's an awesome player. Reese just went above and beyond to make sure that Clark saw her laying it down is all. 

But like I said earlier...I don't think you get credit for smack talking ad taunting but not going as far as someone else. That reeks of creating arbitrary lines in the sand to make one look good and the other bad. If you taunt, you taunt. There's no, "it's okay to taunt so long as you do it in a manner I approve of" which is a lot of what is going around. 

• Like 1

To me there is only one obvious difference between the two women that could have so many people so upset. 

But anyways.. what a run by Iowa, never thought I'd see the day Iowa basketball is something to be proud of.  Tonight I would love to see SDSU win the men's tournament but I just can't see it happening