New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

48 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Thank God....the youtube series we did this year was better than any hard knocks bs. 

I'm actually a little surprised by this. I would have figured (especially with Jimmy GQ), that we would have been high on the priority list, given the size of the fan base and market, the prestige of the 49ers, and us finally being eligible for it (we haven't been the last 3 years). I mean, we have to be more tempting for ratings over a team like Tampa Bay. I'm glad we won't be on it, but just a little surprised. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm actually a little surprised by this. I would have figured (especially with Jimmy GQ), that we would have been high on the priority list, given the size of the fan base and market, the prestige of the 49ers, and us finally being eligible for it (we haven't been the last 3 years). I mean, we have to be more tempting for ratings over a team like Tampa Bay. I'm glad we won't be on it, but just a little surprised. 

Maiocco is saying we won't, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't interested in us, just that Maiocco has talked to people in high places in the organization who have told him WE are not interested in Hard Knocks. Which is fine by me. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It would have made sense if this was 2008 but the hard knocks hype is dead

Just now, 48 1/2ers said:

It would have made sense if this was 2008 but the hard knocks hype is dead

Sure, but it's still around, so they still have to pick a team for it. I don't think it matters if we want to do it...I'm not sure that any team ever does...I think that decision is made by the NFL? I'm not sure though. 

Just now, Forge said:

Sure, but it's still around, so they still have to pick a team for it. I don't think it matters if we want to do it...I'm not sure that any team ever does...I think that decision is made by the NFL? I'm not sure though. 

I'm sure they'll jump on the Gruden-led Vegas Raiders when the time comes.

5 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I'm sure they'll jump on the Gruden-led Vegas Raiders when the time comes.

Can't - teams with new coaches are removed from mandatory inclusion - unless you mean a year or two down the line. But that doesn't change this year. 

Teams that are eligible for Hard Knocks inclusion in 2018

» 49ers
» Broncos
» Browns
» Chargers
» Ravens
» Redskins

There are some intriguing teams on that list at least. 

Just now, Forge said:

Can't - teams with new coaches are removed from mandatory inclusion - unless you mean a year or two down the line. But that doesn't change this year. 

They're not moving to Vegas until 2020, no? That's the year, then. Until then... 2018: Jay Gruden-led Redskins ****storm, 2019: BB & TB farewell tour in NE!

Just now, rudyZ said:

They're not moving to Vegas until 2020, no? That's the year, then. Until then... 2018: Jay Gruden-led Redskins ****storm, 2019: BB & TB farewell tour in NE!

Couldn't do NE; teams that have made the playoffs once in the last two years are removed from mandatory inclusion list. Since they made the playoffs in 2017, that would remove NE from consideration in 2019. 

I'm not going to lie - I kind of dig the idea of Washington this year with the Kirk Cousins mess, especially if he's on another tag lol

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Couldn't do NE; teams that have made the playoffs once in the last two years are removed from mandatory inclusion list. Since they made the playoffs in 2017, that would remove NE from consideration in 2019. 

I'm not going to lie - I kind of dig the idea of Washington this year with the Kirk Cousins mess, especially if he's on another tag lol

They'll do the exception for the Farewell Tour, come on.

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I went to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight and took over the jukebox through the Touch Tunes app.

It turns out...people are NOT in the Christmas spirit. There were loud boos when they heard White Christmas. 

Why is it okay a month and a half before, but not a month and five days after...

I would just select the most depressing music I can find.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

How crazy would it be if NE wins this Super Bowl, Brady retires, and they go and sign Cousins. That would be the ultimate troll on the entire NFL.

srts.gif

I wouldn't be as worried, outside of Brady the Pats are an average to above average team.