New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

9 minutes ago, Geek said:

It's the first time any team I've ever followed won a championship. Congrats Caps, it's been 10 long years of watching you and finally y'all got one.

I hope I can say the same about the Niners in a couple years.

I was rooting for Vegas of course, my adopted west coast team (I'm a full time devils fan though), but im perfectly happy with ovie finally winning one. Far too great a player to be stockton'd or marino'd. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was rooting for Vegas of course, my adopted west coast team (I'm a full time devils fan though), but im perfectly happy with ovie finally winning one. Far too great a player to be stockton'd or marino'd. 

Between the Caps and Niners I've become pretty numb to heartbreak. I was fully ready for Vegas to come back and pull a Cavs and win 4-3.

It feels pretty cathartic to see them win one from home but Ovie must be on the verge of crying right now. Finally after 14 years one of the greats is getting his name carved on the trophy almost brings a tear to my eye. On that note I also can't forget Backstrom, he isn't as prolific as Ovechkin but he's been great for us for just as long. I'm just so happy to finally see some of these guys stand on top of the world.

6 hours ago, Geek said:

Between the Caps and Niners I've become pretty numb to heartbreak. I was fully ready for Vegas to come back and pull a Cavs and win 4-3.

It feels pretty cathartic to see them win one from home but Ovie must be on the verge of crying right now. Finally after 14 years one of the greats is getting his name carved on the trophy almost brings a tear to my eye. On that note I also can't forget Backstrom, he isn't as prolific as Ovechkin but he's been great for us for just as long. I'm just so happy to finally see some of these guys stand on top of the world.

So many caps played great playoffs. Who would have imagined DSP would have this great a final? Lars Eller has been incredible all playoffs. But Kuznetsov has been the best player on the ice most of the time. His passing has been out of this world. Ovy has been Ovy, but with even more emotion. I think he was the locomotive that pulled the entire team, even if the skills and speed aren't what it was ten years ago  (it's still amazing he can still skate today, given his style of play. He's such an incredible athlete. He's officially 32, but really, being russian, and given that russians lie, I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually 34. He entered the league a man among boys). Overall, the better team won, but Vegas was fun to watch all year. I gotta give some love to my local boy, Bibitte (it means "bug") Marchessault. What an amazing guy and player. 

On 6/8/2018 at 4:17 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thoughts?

I suppose it depends on how they mean. Peppers had the better career due to his longevity. If they mean just overall, who was the better player, I think that's harder and nearly impossible to say. They were both great, but the positional difference I think makes it a borderline impossible question to answer.  It would sort of be like asking who was the better player, Tony Gonzalez or Thurman Thomas or something like that. 

On 4/3/2018 at 6:12 PM, John232 said:

He was on his way to being the GOAT, super impressive fighter. But the ED pills were still PED's, largely seen as a lie or unheard of levels of stupidity. But this is also the guy who hit a pregnant woman with his car, ran, then worried about himself. Literally admitted to Joe Rogan but is so out of touch and narcissistic that he didn't get how bad he sounded. 

But yeah, shame he's a POS. 

@John232 thought you may be interested in this article. I think Dana White is kind of a joke, but his description of Jon Jones reminds me a lot of Randy Moss. I know Jon Jones has had more legal issues and Randy only had his issues at Marshall and the whole love boat thing, but the whole ‘imagine if he tried a little bit’ thing really connects him to Moss imo. I think it’s really a slap in the face to JR to even put Moss in the same breath as him. Shoot I even think it’s a slap in the face of TO; TO was a cancer, but I don’t think anyone in their right mind questioned his work ethic. It kind of makes me want to discount Jones, but I think he did enough to be the UFC GOAT already. I do feel the conversation for the GOAT at WR should be Jerry and every one else, and when someone brings up Moss, there should be an asterisk that says ‘could have been the greatest ever if he tried’ (remember when he was in Oakland and basically said something along the lines of ‘why should I try when no one else is’). /rant 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2781150-dana-white-jon-jones-greatest-ever-imagine-if-he-tried-even-a-little-bit

16 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

@Forge how do you feel about Jack Hughes next year? Best since Mathews? As an Avs fan I hope that the Sens keep their pick so that they have a chance at him next year.

Obviously, there's a long way to go before next years draft, and a lot can change (last year's first round pick, Nico, wasn't even considered a top 50 prospect the year before if I remember correctly), but from a skill standpoint, absolutely. That being said, I wouldn't put him in the Connor McDavid tier (generational talent) or the Auston Matthews tier quite yet. While he's talented, McDavid was just the superior talent without question. He was just flat out better. Matthews is a little different, and that skill set may be more on the level, however I have concerns at this point about Hughes' size. Obviously, it's so hard to judge when you're looking at these prospects and they are 15, 16, 17 years old. There's possibly still a lot of growing left to do. But when Matthews was drafted, he seriously already had an NHL body - 6'2", 215 pounds. Hughes is a 5'10 dynamo, but that size scares me if he doesn't get bigger. But even with the size question, his skill set is just amazing, so it's not going to hurt him. Plus, the league seems to be in the middle of this transition to where a greater appreciation is put on these smaller, faster skaters (though this seems to be occurring most notably on the blue line). For me, it's taking me a while to get there. A 5'10, 180 pound type center withstanding the rigors of an 82 game nhl season at 18-20 minutes a night still scares me. But again, could all be for naught. He could very easily grow 3-4 inches in the next year and put on 20 pounds. Wouldn't be unheard of 

On 6/8/2018 at 9:24 AM, Forge said:

I suppose it depends on how they mean. Peppers had the better career due to his longevity. If they mean just overall, who was the better player, I think that's harder and nearly impossible to say. They were both great, but the positional difference I think makes it a borderline impossible question to answer.  It would sort of be like asking who was the better player, Tony Gonzalez or Thurman Thomas or something like that. 

Not hard in who the better player was. That was Patrick Willis. Peppers had more longevity but Willis was always on the short list of the best defensive player in football during damn near his entire tenure with SF. Peppers had some very good seasons with some just good seasons. 

Willis>Peppers in terms of the better player. Better career? Different story. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not hard in who the better player was. That was Patrick Willis. Peppers had more longevity but Willis was always on the short list of the best defensive player in football during damn near his entire tenure with SF. Peppers had some very good seasons with some just good seasons. 

Willis>Peppers in terms of the better player. Better career? Different story. 

I think it's close.  Peppers had great seasons, not just some very good ones. I mean, Peppers was a 3 time first team all pro, and you could easily argue he was robbed in 2008 (there's a legit argument that he was better than either Tuck or Allen that year) and he has 2 more second team selections . He was on the all 2000's second team, and again, you could argue the case for him over Dwight Freeney during that time frame. I certainly wouldn't argue with Willis > Peppers, but I don't know that there is a huge difference in their peaks, though Peppers' seems more up and down and all over the place. LIS, I think it's much harder to gauge when they play such different positions. The level of competition isn't always the same, the roles are different, etc etc etc. 

Sure, but then you could argue Willis could have potentially been 1st team at his position for six of the seven years he played for SF. The competition at ILB wasn't the easiest either. Willis was a complete stud at all areas of the game, while Peppers had plenty of seasons where folks killed him about his run defense. I guess it isn't all that difficult of a choice for me, but we can agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure, but then you could argue Willis could have potentially been 1st team at his position for six of the seven years he played for SF. The competition at ILB wasn't the easiest either. Willis was a complete stud at all areas of the game, while Peppers had plenty of seasons where folks killed him about his run defense. I guess it isn't all that difficult of a choice for me, but we can agree to disagree. 

I'm not even necessarily disagreeing...I just hate trying to compare players at different positions when they are that good. My mind explodes at the different variables. I mean, sometimes it's easy. Marshall Faulk was a better player than Darrell Jackson, for example lol. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Taaaaaaaaaaaaylor Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall 

Sorry, @Gore Whore 21. I actually though MacKinnon was going to win it. Hell of a close race. 

Yeah, I think maybe having Landeskog and Rantanen on his line might have hurt him. Hall had a phenomenal year. I’m just glad the Avs turned it around again. That team is so young and I think building what could turn out to be a powerhouse assuming they hit on these extra picks they acquired. Avs fans have a lot to thank Duchene for; that trade did more for this team than anything Duchene did on the ice for them. I liked Duchene, but shipping him out was the right move.