New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

2 minutes ago, Gridirongreat#9 said:

Why did we trade Trent Brown again? He's playing lights out in the run and pass game. 

He's always been a good tackle. Nobody has ever debated that. The team questioned his toughness, and he wasn't a fit for scheme. We got McG, so we are okay, but most acknowledged at the time that it was a bit of a quirky decision. But if you don't like a guy, and have no interest in re-signing him, then it made sense. Wish we could have gotten more. He was worth more than a swap of picks

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He's always been a good tackle. Nobody has ever debated that. The team questioned his toughness, and he wasn't a fit for scheme. We got McG, so we are okay, but most acknowledged at the time that it was a bit of a quirky decision. But if you don't like a guy, and have no interest in re-signing him, then it made sense. Wish we could have gotten more. He was worth more than a swap of picks

it was 100% scheme fit. McGlinchey played better than Brown did anyways, is younger, team controlled for 4 more years and can be depended on. I wasn't a big fan of him at first, or the decision to part with Brown..but I get it now. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh hey, don't get it wrong, I was totally not on the mahomes bandwagon, so I don't blame them lol. 

Maybe a bigger issue is if we were to take a QB, it seemed like it was Trubisky. Either that, or Lynch just flat out lied a day later after the trade saying we think the Bears did well and got the QB we feel like was the best in this draft lol.

So be happy we took Thomas. if we didn't, we would have taken Trubisky and not been able to trade for Jimmy G. I mean that is if you think Jimmy G will turn out to be better than Trubisky. That's not totally yet proven as the man has barely made like 10 starts. 

As for Thomas over Garnett? I actually mocked Thomas to us in the 2nd round that year. Really thought we were going to take him when we moved up SMH...Buckner/Thomas were the only two picks that draft that turned out to be worth a damn in my mock draft lmao. 

Im still upset we took AJ jenkins over Alshon Jeffery and then subesquently lost the superbowl. We were literally one player - ONE PLAY - away from #6 and could have had a guy who is phenomenal on fade routes on our team. that would have gotten us over the hump 

Instead we drafted a guy who didnt even catch a pass for us

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've been away for a while. Like completely away from football and the internet because of work since the beginning of December. Would someone mind filling me in on the 49ers news I missed? I see we're picking number 2 overall. Do we still have a shot at Bosa or are the Cards going to steal him? Is Josh Allen still beasting it up or do you think we go a different direction than edge? What about likely free agents and trade candidates? Any and all information would be helpful as I try to get my bearing back.

1 hour ago, Geek said:

So I've been away for a while. Like completely away from football and the internet because of work since the beginning of December. Would someone mind filling me in on the 49ers news I missed? I see we're picking number 2 overall. Do we still have a shot at Bosa or are the Cards going to steal him? Is Josh Allen still beasting it up or do you think we go a different direction than edge? What about likely free agents and trade candidates? Any and all information would be helpful as I try to get my bearing back.

Bosa or a quarterback would be the likely #1 overall pick at this point in my opinion. Allen is the guy that a lot of people mock to us still. I can't put a number on it, but I Think that there is a better than small chance that Bosa will be available at #2. 

The Steelers are trading Antonio Brown, and thus far, we have no interest. There's more scuttle about OBJ being traded, with people again pointing at the 49ers as a destination, but this seems like just random media speculation. I don't know if the Giants have any interest in actually moving him. 

Sherman is lobbying ET to come here, thinks it comes down to us and Dallas. I think we have a good shot at landing him if we pony up the cash. Supposedly he's not going to take a discount to play for the Cowboys, and they have some cap decisions to make. We franchised Gould. 

1 hour ago, Geek said:

So when you say because of work, where the hell did they have you where you had no internet access for three months??? Military? 

And Forge answered the questions for you. But I'll add we were rumored to be in the Antonio Brown sweepstakes, but his actions after his trade request have soured the front office. Some OBJ rumors, but may be more or less the same as last year.