New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Kliff Kingsbury has made a decision regarding his team: He will be allowing Social Media breaks during meetings... 

I'm pretty certain encouraging such things in the work place is a bad idea. Not saying they should be banned, but to endorse is a pretty bad idea with the addictions some people have--and yes, such things can be addictions, if you didn't know. I see it all the time in students. It is really sad.

It really is something that is getting blown out of proportion. Studies have shown that having a 5 minute break after 30 minutes is beneficial for keeping concentration and taking in the information. The media took it and called it social media break to get some good headlines but in general it if just a way to meet more efficient.

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Kliff Kingsbury has made a decision regarding his team: He will be allowing Social Media breaks during meetings... 

I'm pretty certain encouraging such things in the work place is a bad idea. Not saying they should be banned, but to endorse is a pretty bad idea with the addictions some people have--and yes, such things can be addictions, if you didn't know. I see it all the time in students. It is really sad.

Funny thing is Jim Tomsula had this rule in place when he was our head coach.

On 4/5/2019 at 7:34 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

Oh. That explains some things.... :o :P

He did better with less than Kelly. Jim got screwed and I wish he was still our DLine coach. The only good thing to come of making Jimmy T our head coach was the following video:

PS: I don’t really care either way about the break thing. I find it useful to step away from something for a few minutes if I get stuck on something at work, so I can see that value in it I guess. 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lose for Hughes complete! Thank good this season want for nothing. Taylor Hall is some kind of lotto ball good luck charm

I'm glad the Avalanche didn't get the top pick... it would have been so unfair. To have a good team, with great prospects coming up soon, AND the top pick. They already trade-raped the Sens enough as it is. If they had won the lottery, it would just have been insane.

And good for the Devils. I feel like Hischier was a little disappointing as a #1 pick. Not that he isn't a good player, he's just not the franchise player you hope to get with that pick. Hughes might be. They'll have a lot of punch on offense in a year or two. As long as they don't Sabre it up and fail to translate great draft picks into on-ice success, they should make the playoffs year in and year out.

The lottery has to be fixed, in my opinion, though. We don't want another Oilers situation to happen. Getting top picks every single year. At some point, they have to be penalized for sucking, like excluding them from the lottery altogether after finishing in the bottom 5 of the leagues so many years in a row. Let's incentivize them to get better at some point.

40 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I'm glad the Avalanche didn't get the top pick... it would have been so unfair. To have a good team, with great prospects coming up soon, AND the top pick. They already trade-raped the Sens enough as it is. If they had won the lottery, it would just have been insane.

And good for the Devils. I feel like Hischier was a little disappointing as a #1 pick. Not that he isn't a good player, he's just not the franchise player you hope to get with that pick. Hughes might be. They'll have a lot of punch on offense in a year or two. As long as they don't Sabre it up and fail to translate great draft picks into on-ice success, they should make the playoffs year in and year out.

The lottery has to be fixed, in my opinion, though. We don't want another Oilers situation to happen. Getting top picks every single year. At some point, they have to be penalized for sucking, like excluding them from the lottery altogether after finishing in the bottom 5 of the leagues so many years in a row. Let's incentivize them to get better at some point.

I hate you....The Sens knew the risk when they kept their pick last year and honestly that trade resulting in Jack Hughes probably would have been good for the Sens in the long run as Dorian would have probably been ridden out of town on a rail. So weak that the Avs slid from 1 to 4 twice in three years. /rant. 

I think my favorite for COL at 4 now, if he is there, is Cozens. Cozens can put the puck in the net and the Avs could really use some goal scoring prowess outside of MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Landeskog. You are right about the Avs working over the Sens though, I can’t be too mad about this as I feel like we were pretty much playing with house money with how Girard has been playing since the trade and how Duchene/the team was playing prior to it.

4 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Yeah, Nico is solid, even good, but he's not mcdavid, Kane or McKinnon. Honestly, he's probably not even Hall. That 2017 draft was just kind of weak. The only two really in the running at the top were Nico and Patrick, and Nico has been far and away the better player. Petterson obviously broke out this year as a stud, but that's about it. The good thing for Nico is he got better across the board this year in every way, and he did most of it without Hall for half the season. He'll be a  70 point guy, but I doubt he ever breaks like 85. 

Looking forward to a full season of Hall, Nico, palms, Hughes, boqvist and bratt. Could be a lot of fun. 

Also, still not going to rule out Kakko tbh. Safer than Hughes in my opinion, but not nearly the overall upside

17 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, Nico is solid, even good, but he's not mcdavid, Kane or McKinnon. Honestly, he's probably not even Hall. That 2017 draft was just kind of weak. The only two really in the running at the top were Nico and Patrick, and Nico has been far and away the better player. Petterson obviously broke out this year as a stud, but that's about it. The good thing for Nico is he got better across the board this year in every way, and he did most of it without Hall for half the season. He'll be a  70 point guy, but I doubt he ever breaks like 85. 

Looking forward to a full season of Hall, Nico, palms, Hughes, boqvist and bratt. Could be a lot of fun. 

Also, still not going to rule out Kakko tbh. Safer than Hughes in my opinion, but not nearly the overall upside

Petterson was so underrated his draft year. He's the only prospect in that class I enjoyed watching. He was a 160lbs man amongst 200lbs boys in the swedish league. The league's highlight reel was 90% made up of just Petterson's sick goals. So yeah, I figured the "experts" knew something about him I didn't. Too skinny, not a great skater, maybe too much of an individualist. All I knew is that he had the best hands in the class and unmatched vision. Nolan Patrick I never really bought as a top prospect. He was just slightly average at everything, but not great at anything, except size, and he was often injured. 

Hughes should be a star. Now, he may not be a generational talent. He's not a Crosby/McDavid/Ovechkin type talent. But he should be better than Eichel. Better than Matthews. 

17 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I hate you....The Sens knew the risk when they kept their pick last year and honestly that trade resulting in Jack Hughes probably would have been good for the Sens in the long run as Dorian would have probably been ridden out of town on a rail. So weak that the Avs slid from 1 to 4 twice in three years. /rant. 

I think my favorite for COL at 4 now, if he is there, is Cozens. Cozens can put the puck in the net and the Avs could really use some goal scoring prowess outside of MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Landeskog. You are right about the Avs working over the Sens though, I can’t be too mad about this as I feel like we were pretty much playing with house money with how Girard has been playing since the trade and how Duchene/the team was playing prior to it.

I just think the Avs would have been too lucky. They're already lucky enough as it is. That team is going to be loaded. They got a good PMD in Girard, and there are still great D prospects coming. Cale Makar could be spectacular. I absolutely loved Connor Timmins in the juniors. They practically have the top 4 of their D locked up for the next 10 years. And then you have McKinnon and Rantanen running the show on offense. They don't need a Hughes-level talent to become a contending team. 

And I wasn't saying that as a Sens fan. I am not. But I reserve the right to be pissed in the future, if Eugene Melnyk can't get his arena deal and sells the team, and it is relocated to Québec City. In that case, screw you, Dorion! Fire-saling Karlsson, Stone and Hoffman while trading away a top pick for a guy he ended trading away as well... what a dumpster fire.

Edited by rudyZ

17 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I just think the Avs would have been too lucky. They're already lucky enough as it is. That team is going to be loaded. They got a good PMD in Girard, and there are still great D prospects coming. Cale Makar could be spectacular. I absolutely loved Connor Timmins in the juniors. They practically have the top 4 of their D locked up for the next 10 years. And then you have McKinnon and Rantanen running the show on offense. They don't need a Hughes-level talent to become a contending team. 

And I wasn't saying that as a Sens fan. I am not. But I reserve the right to be pissed in the future, if Eugene Melnyk can't get his arena deal and sells the team, and it is relocated to Québec City. In that case, screw you, Dorion! Fire-saling Karlsson, Stone and Hoffman while trading away a top pick for a guy he ended trading away as well... what a dumpster fire.

Need and want are two very different things my friend! Living in Denver I was very much looking forward to the idea of being able to watch Hughes live on a regular basis. 

It has to be hard to be a Sens fan right now. Their team has gone in the ****ter big time. They at least got a good prospect for Stone, but nothing else has really impressed me.

5 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Need and want are two very different things my friend! Living in Denver I was very much looking forward to the idea of being able to watch Hughes live on a regular basis. 

It has to be hard to be a Sens fan right now. Their team has gone in the ****ter big time. They at least got a good prospect for Stone, but nothing else has really impressed me.

Yeah, they got a prospect that helps soothe the pain of losing Karlsson, but now they have the pain of losing Stone... they have a few good prospects in the pipeline, but not a lot of high impact guys. You can't count on Colin White and Alex Formenton to become superstars. And Brady Tkachuk will only go as far as his linemates. Good news, they have their first rounder next year, and then some, right? Maybe an Alexis Lafrenière could be great for them.

What's with all the NHL talk?! Follow a real sport like American Football!

Just messing with you guys. I showed my sons their first hockey game a couple months back: The nationally televised Philly & Pittsburgh game. We were pulling for the Penguins, so we were disappointed, but those boys were pretty excited to watch it.

I was a passive NHL fan during Jagr's time with the Penguins. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 8:14 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

What's with all the NHL talk?! Follow a real sport like American Football!

Just messing with you guys. I showed my sons their first hockey game a couple months back: The nationally televised Philly & Pittsburgh game. We were pulling for the Penguins, so we were disappointed, but those boys were pretty excited to watch it.

I was a passive NHL fan during Jagr's time with the Penguins. 

This may be an unpopular opinion on this board, but hockey is the best sport to watch in person. I love going to the Pepsi Center to watch Avs games. The atmosphere at hockey games is electric. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion on this board, but hockey is the best sport to watch in person. I love going to the Pepsi Center to watch Avs games. The atmosphere at hockey games is electric. 

Not even close to me. By far the best sport to watch in person. Also, now that the games are shorter, and things are almost constantly in motion, it may be the most enjoyable sport for me to watch on television