New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion on this board, but hockey is the best sport to watch in person. I love going to the Pepsi Center to watch Avs games. The atmosphere at hockey games is electric. 

Been to our local hockey team games and I can understand that. Still prefer football over all else, but it is very easy to enjoy a hockey game in person.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Been to our local hockey team games and I can understand that. Still prefer football over all else, but it is very easy to enjoy a hockey game in person.

Same here for the most part. The exception is playoff hockey. Playoff hockey, especially live, is the most electric atmosphere. Though I say this having never been to a live NFL Playoff game. 

• Like 1

I attended a peewee hockey tournament for three days, 8-10 a day. Hockey is great to watch.

I think the reason why watching football is so special is the schedule. With only 16 games, each game can be a turning point. Each game matters. With hockey, basketball or baseball, they play so many games that no single game has as much impact as one NFL game does, outside of the playoffs. And then, if we compare playoffs, the NFL still wins on a per game basis, because every game is win or go home. But a hockey playoffs' game 7... insane. The crowd yelling, closer together than they are in football, because the rink is smaller than a football field. Every turnover, ever check, every rebound... all more exciting than a 3 and out in the 3rd quarter. Football games are uneven in their intensity. Hockey games can be too, but they can also be 100mph for 60 minutes, and that's really hard to match. Love the playoffs.

Now play nice, guys, and can you let Canada have the Stanley Cup back, please? Wait... I hate the Leafs... Go Flames?! I hate how the Oilers keep screwing the pooch, even with arguably the best player in the world. Next year, maybe Vancouver will make a push. Give Québec City the Nordiques back! And Colorado should give us a prospect or two. We gave you a great team and 2 cups. Give us something in return.

46 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I think the reason why watching football is so special is the schedule. With only 16 games, each game can be a turning point. Each game matters. With hockey, basketball or baseball, they play so many games that no single game has as much impact as one NFL game does, outside of the playoffs.

You absolutely nailed it for me, right here. I like sports in general.. even made an ardent Cubs and NBA fan of my dear momma. Now, it is she that mockingly gripes of how I got her fixed on sports.. yet I now barely ever watch non-football events. 

.. but I just can't (won't) invest much time into hundreds of games each year.

Even the NFL outcomes don't feel all that important anymore. Just comes with age, I guess. More and more, it becomes just one bunch of overpaid dudes of a color.. out there running around against a bunch of overpaid dudes in another color. :/ 

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I attended a peewee hockey tournament for three days, 8-10 a day. Hockey is great to watch.

I think the reason why watching football is so special is the schedule. With only 16 games, each game can be a turning point. Each game matters. With hockey, basketball or baseball, they play so many games that no single game has as much impact as one NFL game does, outside of the playoffs. And then, if we compare playoffs, the NFL still wins on a per game basis, because every game is win or go home. But a hockey playoffs' game 7... insane. The crowd yelling, closer together than they are in football, because the rink is smaller than a football field. Every turnover, ever check, every rebound... all more exciting than a 3 and out in the 3rd quarter. Football games are uneven in their intensity. Hockey games can be too, but they can also be 100mph for 60 minutes, and that's really hard to match. Love the playoffs.

Now play nice, guys, and can you let Canada have the Stanley Cup back, please? Wait... I hate the Leafs... Go Flames?! I hate how the Oilers keep screwing the pooch, even with arguably the best player in the world. Next year, maybe Vancouver will make a push. Give Québec City the Nordiques back! And Colorado should give us a prospect or two. We gave you a great team and 2 cups. Give us something in return.

Quit hating on the Avs dude! Did they pick on you in high school or something? Your vendetta against the coolest cats on the block has got to end!

The thing I disliked most about the football game I went to was being able to actually see what was going on. We had pretty decent seats, but it was hard to track what was actually going on when rbs hit the LOS or the ball came loose etc. From my experience at hockey games, you really can’t have a bad seat in the house and the game is easier to track. On TV football is my favorite, but actually being there it’s hockey for sure. The only pro football game I went to was at the metro dome in MN, so the whole atmosphere may have been different had my experience been in SF. I guess I’ll just have to make a point to see a game out there and see if it sways my opinion at all.

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

You absolutely nailed it for me, right here. I like sports in general.. even made an ardent Cubs and NBA fan of my dear momma. Now, it is she that mockingly gripes of how I got her fixed on sports.. yet I now barely ever watch non-football events. 

.. but I just can't (won't) invest much time into hundreds of games each year.

Even the NFL outcomes don't feel all that important anymore. Just comes with age, I guess. More and more, it becomes just one bunch of overpaid dudes of a color.. out there running around against a bunch of overpaid dudes in another color. :/ 

You need to watch more Aussie Rules football. 22 games per years plus knockout playoffs. 4x30 minutes full on action. However, don't worry about learning the rules, they will only change them again next year :S

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

The thing I disliked most about the football game I went to was being able to actually see what was going on. We had pretty decent seats, but it was hard to track what was actually going on when rbs hit the LOS or the ball came loose etc. From my experience at hockey games, you really can’t have a bad seat in the house and the game is easier to track. On TV football is my favorite, but actually being there it’s hockey for sure. The only pro football game I went to was at the metro dome in MN, so the whole atmosphere may have been different had my experience been in SF. I guess I’ll just have to make a point to see a game out there and see if it sways my opinion at all.

The view is the only good part about Levis IMO. The seats are all very close to the field. The seats are very steep so you get pretty high up, but even 400 level tickets feel close to the field and you look straight down on the action.

Other than that, I hate the place lol

21 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Quit hating on the Avs dude! Did they pick on you in high school or something? Your vendetta against the coolest cats on the block has got to end!

When I was in high school, the Avs were the Québec Nordiques. Okay, not really.  I was 12 when they moved. I don't hate them. I just feel you guys were extremely lucky to inherit the championship we built for you. Joe Sakic was already a legend here before you even ever heard of him. My Québec Nordiques not only had Sakic, but also had Owen Nolan and Mats Sundin. Peter Forsberg made his first steps in the NHL in Québec City. That's four hall of famers, right there. And in the 80s, we had Guy Lafleur (for one year), Michel Goulet and Peter Stastny (still one of the most underrated and greatest hockey talent in the history of the NHL). It's just so sad that Québec lost its team. And sadder still that that team happened to be MY team!! A 12 year old kid losing his hockey team. I never hated the Avalanche. That was still the team I grew up loving, with the exception of Patrick Roy (a guy from Québec City who would never have been traded to the team, had it remained in Québec City... geographical rivalry). Here in Québec City, nobody ever hated on the Avalanche. It wasn't the new owners or the population of Denver that betrayed us. It was our owner. He is the one people still resent most, up to this day (it doesn't help that nowadays he only makes the news for sexual harassment suits).

I'm just saying that for all we gave you (a roster that gave you two stanley cups), if we were to get a new team, you could return us the favour and send us a decent pick or prospect. You could send us a gift basket, but a prospect would be even better!

On 4/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, rudyZ said:

When I was in high school, the Avs were the Québec Nordiques. Okay, not really.  I was 12 when they moved. I don't hate them. I just feel you guys were extremely lucky to inherit the championship we built for you. Joe Sakic was already a legend here before you even ever heard of him. My Québec Nordiques not only had Sakic, but also had Owen Nolan and Mats Sundin. Peter Forsberg made his first steps in the NHL in Québec City. That's four hall of famers, right there. And in the 80s, we had Guy Lafleur (for one year), Michel Goulet and Peter Stastny (still one of the most underrated and greatest hockey talent in the history of the NHL). It's just so sad that Québec lost its team. And sadder still that that team happened to be MY team!! A 12 year old kid losing his hockey team. I never hated the Avalanche. That was still the team I grew up loving, with the exception of Patrick Roy (a guy from Québec City who would never have been traded to the team, had it remained in Québec City... geographical rivalry). Here in Québec City, nobody ever hated on the Avalanche. It wasn't the new owners or the population of Denver that betrayed us. It was our owner. He is the one people still resent most, up to this day (it doesn't help that nowadays he only makes the news for sexual harassment suits).

I'm just saying that for all we gave you (a roster that gave you two stanley cups), if we were to get a new team, you could return us the favour and send us a decent pick or prospect. You could send us a gift basket, but a prospect would be even better!

I still think it’s ludacris that Seattle got a team before Quebec had the Nordiques return. I think the Devils should b give the Avs the #1 pick because because they took the Rockies! 

45 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I still think it’s ludacris that Seattle got a team before Quebec had the Nordiques return. I think the Devils should b give the Avs the #1 pick because because they took the Rockies! 

Meh, we weren't a Denver team originally. Denver stole the Devs from Kansas City first. I feel like we should give the first pick to Kansas City. Since there is no KC team in hockey, New Jersey will graciously accept the #1 overall pick on behalf of the great city of KC. 

4 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Ludicrous*

I understand why Seattle got a team. There's more new money coming from a team in Seattle than there could be in Québec City. QC is not a great financial move. It's mostly just fan service. Canada is not a market that needs to be expanded. It's already all there. So it would just be a splitting of market shares. The money is in the US. Moving the Thrashers to Winnipeg, the NHL didn't gain new fans. But they gained sold-out crowds and enthusiasm. If QC gets a team, it will be a relocation from a struggling market. And that's only if they make the relocation fee affordable, because there's no way we can pay what it cost Vegas (500m?) and Seattle (650m?) to get a team.

We had hopes for the Hurricanes, but it looks like they're going to stay for some time (I would have loved to get the franchise formerly known as the Whalers in QC. Brass Bonanza for the win). Maybe the Panthers. Maybe the Senators. But I bet that before that happens, we'll see another relocation. The Coyotes will perhaps move from Phoenix to Houston before Québec gets a team.

8 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Ludicrous*

I understand why Seattle got a team. There's more new money coming from a team in Seattle than there could be in Québec City. QC is not a great financial move. It's mostly just fan service. Canada is not a market that needs to be expanded. It's already all there. So it would just be a splitting of market shares. The money is in the US. Moving the Thrashers to Winnipeg, the NHL didn't gain new fans. But they gained sold-out crowds and enthusiasm. If QC gets a team, it will be a relocation from a struggling market. And that's only if they make the relocation fee affordable, because there's no way we can pay what it cost Vegas (500m?) and Seattle (650m?) to get a team.

We had hopes for the Hurricanes, but it looks like they're going to stay for some time (I would have loved to get the franchise formerly known as the Whalers in QC. Brass Bonanza for the win). Maybe the Panthers. Maybe the Senators. But I bet that before that happens, we'll see another relocation. The Coyotes will perhaps move from Phoenix to Houston before Québec gets a team.

Dang it 90s you’ve ruined me!!!

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5cb3cf7871396b4655

10 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Ludicrous*

Absolutely agree. It's just a smarter financial move for the NHL. Seattle has proven to be ravenous in it's fandom as well, so it's potentially a great, long lasting fit, which the NHL hasn't always been great at, to be perfectly honest. They did seem to strike gold in Vegas though, which I'm shocked by, even as a Las Vegas native. I don't know if it just happens to be because the team is good (we will see what happens when it is not), but the first two years of VGK hockey have been much more than I ever anticipated. Great sign for the Raiders and the NFL.