New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Never knew that. 

And this (albeit rare) example is why I'm not completely closed to QW.  Hate to look back 8 years from now and say we passed on a phenomenal DT because we had someone by the name of Solomon Thomas at the time...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Psychlone said:

And this (albeit rare) example is why I'm not completely closed to QW.  Hate to look back 8 years from now and say we passed on a phenomenal DT because we had someone by the name of Solomon Thomas at the time...

If I tell you the story of how the Lions took Mike Williams - their third first round receiver in a row - when they needed a pass rusher and passed on DeMarcus Ware (who was the next pick), would that help?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

If I tell you the story of how the Lions took Mike Williams - their third first round receiver in a row - when they needed a pass rusher and passed on DeMarcus Ware (who was the next pick), would that help?

In that same draft the Packers selected Aaron Rodgers when they had Brett Favre. Bad picks are bad picks just like good picks are good picks regardless of position. Williams was a bust not because he was the third receiver Detroit picked in a row in the first round. He was a bust because he was lazy. If he’d been a home run like Calvin Johnson turned out to be then no one would care how many receivers in a row you took.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

In that same draft the Packers selected Aaron Rodgers when they had Brett Favre. Bad picks are bad picks just like good picks are good picks regardless of position. Williams was a bust not because he was the third receiver Detroit picked in a row in the first round. He was a bust because he was lazy. If he’d been a home run like Calvin Johnson turned out to be then no one would care how many receivers in a row you took.

Exactly. Historical anecdotes are neat, but they are not indicative of why one should or should not take a player. The story of Joe Montana is cool, but it's not a lesson in any way. It's just a matter of whether the team does or doesn't get the pick right.

• Like 4

went onto the old site today for shiz and giggs and I found a random forum poll topic ideas:

think its time for a new poll - Y2? you seem to be the king of random tidbits of information with questionable usage.

HOT TOPIC IDEAS:

Favorite Inanimate Object
Most Objectionable Object
People Who Have It Better Than Us
Animals Who Would Make Better GMs Than Trent Baalke
Females With More Balls Than Jed York
People Who Eat More Potato Skins Than Chip Kelly

lol

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's game 7....

it's overtime....

it's hockey....

there is nothing better. 

Yeah, turned that on seconds after the sharks made it 3-1 after I sat on the remote LOL 

That was amazing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Damn it...where's the ban button?

Haha. It should be a good series. SJS have got to be feeling pretty good after last night and the Avs have been red hot. Growing up playing hockey in South Dakota in the 90s you were either an Avalanche fan or a Red Wings fan, so it could be worse! 

• 2 weeks later...