New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

1 hour ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Yeah but he does say baby as part of his vocabulary. I think it's way overblown and today's society sucks. Everyone is offended by something

I 100% agree with you. It’s pretty sad in my opinion, but that is why I treat this forum like a less toned down version of my work email. If the people knew what I was really saying while writing emails at work I’d probably be unemployed haha. Erin Andrews seemed to take it stride and had a good sense of humor about it so that’s cool. You wouldn’t have survived growing up in my family without a sense of humor and the ability to take some ribbing; that’s for sure. 

• Like 3

On 11/6/2019 at 11:45 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

Having grandfathers who served in WWII, I am always interested in seeing war movies that make an attempt at accuracy. Loved both "The Darkest Hour" and "Dunkirk" (which actually could be watched back-to-back as they are events that lead to the other). Really glad to see "Midway" being redone and will be seeing it this weekend as it is my favorite event in the Pacific War. I think it is especially appropriate that Lionsgate decided to release it on Veteran's Day weekend. 

Anyone else going to see it? 

Saw this Saturday! Loved it. Midway is a battle I have been fascinated with for decades. The '76 version of the movie is less than satisfying and very inaccurate. This one isn't. I enjoyed it very much. I intend to take all of my boys to this movie this evening. What better way to remember veterans on their day?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Saw this Saturday! Loved it. Midway is a battle I have been fascinated with for decades. The '76 version of the movie is less than satisfying and very inaccurate. This one isn't. I enjoyed it very much. I intend to take all of my boys to this movie this evening. What better way to remember veterans on their day?

Saw it again last night! Glad I did. Took my boys. My youngest (10) had an epiphany when we got home: "Dad, we saw 'Midway' on Veteran's Day?! That is really cool!" :x

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

How the F did the Steelers score 20 against our D again??? man, they are steaming garbage. 

Because verett got toasted two plays in a row and then because tarvarious Moore took a horrible angle to the ball. That was 14 points right there 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I normally hate going anywhere near this, tbh, but leaving out whether good or how good yadda yadda etc...

THIS was a touching, and even resiliency-impressive quick vid. Stay retired, fella.. but do enjoy the life and fam. 

Ryan Gosling is making another football movie?!!

Oh, it's Alex, my bad. Yeah, stay away from football and get healthy. Alex has very little to prove to his supporters, and shouldn't care about his haters. I'd like for him to recover fully, then have a press conference just to say "Yes, I could return to football. I worked hard, as I have always done. But I'm going to use my health to take care of my family".

Then... coaching? I could easily see get an assistant job under Andy Reid. I'd love to have him as a coach here, but he has no connection to Kyle. But I'd welcome him with open arms. And his wife is from the Bay area, so who knows.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I has a sad...:(

My favorite current Sooner has decided to retire from football since the concussion he suffered a month or more ago has lingered. TE Grant Calcaterra, who I thought could be even better than Mark Andrews was/is, had played his last football game.

BOOMER SOONER, Calc!  You will be missed. :(

Yikes. Condolences. I remember googling this kid right after watching some game where he made a special catch.. and thinking, don't forget this juicy draft prospect some day ahead. 

Sounds like other than having his brain a wee bit scrambled, temporarily, he's doing the smart thing for himself long-term. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Yikes. Condolences. I remember googling this kid right after watching some game where he made a special catch.. and thinking, don't forget this juicy draft prospect some day ahead. 

Sounds like other than having his brain a wee bit scrambled, temporarily, he's doing the smart thing for himself long-term. 

His one handed TD catch in the Big 12 Championship 2018 was classic.