New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hey hey hey, teachers have no room to complain!!! You guys get damn near three months off in the summer and one month during winter break!!!! 

Says only someone who is not a teacher or does not have a close relationship with a teacher. 

• Like 2

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Yes, this. My wife is a teacher and if I would say that to her, she would slap me. 

My wife is a teacher. I worked with someone whose wife was also a teacher and he would rant on and on about how teachers shouldn't complain about pay when they get the summers off. Yeah like  y2 said, I'd slap myself before even saying anything like this to her. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hey hey hey, teachers have no room to complain!!! You guys get damn near three months off in the summer and one month during winter break!!!! 

Have you ever BEEN a teacher?! Do you know what type of STRESS we teachers go through in those other 9 months of the year?! I had no gray and most of my hair before I started teaching at age 27. Don't you talk to me about "time off" or "room to complain"!  Only the minority of children today are taught how and expected to behave by their parents. Many parents either neglect their children or baby them, which causes all sorts of problems for schools. The problem with "education" today is the home and family situation (basically the dissolving of families!), not the schools, administration or teachers.

In order to keep teachers, they HAVE TO HAVE THAT TIME OFF. It's called mental health! :$ 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean teachers certainly have areas to complain about, but also have some great benefits and working schedules compared to other fields. 

Another (substitute) teacher here, this is largely dependent on the district. I work in an impacted area, there are no "breaks" in that every moment not teaching is spent planning, very little support and poor wages. Most teachers I know have to work full-time jobs over summer (usually bad jobs) just to make ends meet. 

I mean, once a teacher gets established, gets tenure, gets a pay raise and sort of "figures it out" Summers and time off can be nice. But that takes years and years and some teachers never get to that point,. 

Poor wages, bad unions, 0 support, idiotic leadership...would never tell someone to go into teaching unless they loved it. 

Edited by John232
  • Like 2