New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

9 hours ago, Forge said:

For those who follow Hockey, this note amuses me. 

Jagr also played with Jesus, and before that with Adam himself. Side note: Cain was the first enforcer, and Seth died from the first hockey-related head injury. True story.

So this is scary.....

My wife just sent a text that reads: "Sorry, I'm running late. I adopted a child for Christmas and am picking him up some clothes."

We will need to have either a discussion about her casual ambiguity or communication of important decisions we have to make together.

• Like 2

I l ove watching trick plays, particularly creative ones. So for those that didn't see it - in the Stanford/TCU game the ends were painted school colors. One was red and one was purple.  After a TD by Stanford  they were kicking off towards the purple endzone.  So TCU had a guy wearing their purple and black unis lie down absolutely flat on the purple part of the endzone. I'll bet that from 60 or more yards away he was invisible.  He kept his head, laying flat on the ground turned towards the returner on the other side of the field.  As soon as he saw that guy begin to move to receive the kick the guy laying down jumped up and drifted further toward the far sideline.  Returner took and few steps and then  lateralled it to the otehr guy who had a clear field ahead of him. Not one defender went his way until they saw the lateral.  Should have been an easy touchdown except 1) the guy running downfield with the clear field ahead of him got so excited he just dropped the ball while running with no one near him and 2) I should have put "lateral" in quotes because it turns out that it went forward one yard and was an illegal pass not a lateral.

Fun play to watch anyway.

34 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I l ove watching trick plays, particularly creative ones. So for those that didn't see it - in the Stanford/TCU game the ends were painted school colors. One was red and one was purple.  After a TD by Stanford  they were kicking off towards the purple endzone.  So TCU had a guy wearing their purple and black unis lie down absolutely flat on the purple part of the endzone. I'll bet that from 60 or more yards away he was invisible.  He kept his head, laying flat on the ground turned towards the returner on the other side of the field.  As soon as he saw that guy begin to move to receive the kick the guy laying down jumped up and drifted further toward the far sideline.  Returner took and few steps and then  lateralled it to the otehr guy who had a clear field ahead of him. Not one defender went his way until they saw the lateral.  Should have been an easy touchdown except 1) the guy running downfield with the clear field ahead of him got so excited he just dropped the ball while running with no one near him and 2) I should have put "lateral" in quotes because it turns out that it went forward one yard and was an illegal pass not a lateral.

Fun play to watch anyway.

Saw it. Personally I didn't think laying down in the endzone did much. When those plays happen, the coverage usually never pays attention to the guy on the other side of the field anyway. It's not really particular to that guy lying down, it's just the way the coverage team focuses on the guy that acts like he's catching the ball, whether he's the one getting it or not. It's like the trick play where someone fakes catching the ball, and draws all the attention to himself, while the ball is actually caught by someone else of the field. The guy actually catching is not hiding. It's the guy drawing the attention that sells it. In this play, yesterday, the guy who caught the kickoff was selling it, and with reason, since he caught it. That in itself draws the coverage, which allows the other guy to be ignored. He would in all likelihood have been ignored had he been standing up. The lying down on his team color is, pretty much, just cute.