New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

44 minutes ago, N4L said:

Well you also have to consider the fact that the Canadian dollar carries less value than the American dollar 

Even with that, most of the TV revenues of the NHL come from Canada. The US TV contract that was last signed was 10 year/2 billion, while the canadian tv contract was 12 year/5.2 billion. Even with the exchange, we're bringing in a lot more than the US. So adding american teams makes sense, if they want the US number to increase. Start pulling your weight, guys. You're embarassing. Canada is carrying that league!

27 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

What a start for Makar. Even without the goal he looks so good out there. On a side note, good lord Ovechkin buried Svechnikov. Hopefully that doesn’t keep him out long. 

I still question their decision to burn an entire year of his ELC for just this playoff run. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I still question their decision to burn an entire year of his ELC for just this playoff run. 

It will all make sense when they are hoisting the cup! Honestly though I have to think that Sakic and Bednar have confidence that they are going to get out of this series or at least have a very good shot at it. This is a young team and this playoff experience for a building block like Makar could prove to be very valuable. I know I’m an Avs fan and probably a homer, but when this team is hot they are very hard to beat. They took Preds to 7 last year with their third string goalie and were nearly unbeatable to start this season. 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

You don't have a choice with these NCAA players now. It's either burning a year off or they'll hold out. If you're a former first rounder in the NCAA, you'll get your way. Montréal burned the first year of Ryan Poehling's ELC and played him one game while missing the playoffs (he did get a hat trick and score the shootout winner... worth it?). You just have to. 

It always depends on the salary structure of the team. But the way I see it with pro salaries these days, you want your superstars to sign their long term deal sooner rather than later, this way, you can shave off 1-1.5m per year on a 8 year deal. Just look at Jimmy G vs every QB signing a contract going forward. We'll be glad (if Jimmy G pans out) to have signed him earlier than those guys. Look at Crosby, who signed a 10 year deal when those were still allowed. He's a bargain, under 9m per. If he signed today, he'd be making 12m+. That's a whole player you can sign with that extra 3m. Or instead of settling for Chris Kunitz, you can go ahead and pay a Phil Kessel. It might hurt financially early on, but if Makar is going to be a superstar, better get there as fast as you can.

Next weekend is going to be an amazing weekend:

Thursday - NFL draft round 1

Friday - Avengers: Endgame & NFL draft round 2 & 3

Saturday - NFL draft rounds 4-7

Sunday - Game of Thrones, which is rumored to be the longest and most expensive battle sequence in TV history. 

All of the main villains will converge on the weekend - Thanos, The Night King, and Roger Gooddell

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Sunday - Game of Thrones, which is rumored to be the longest and most expensive battle sequence in TV history. 

All of the main villains will converge on the weekend - Thanos, The Night King, and Roger Gooddell

Meh. The only thing that matters to me that weekend is the Draft. All else can wait.

I like Marvel movies, especially the Avengers, but the Draft is real and impacts my 9ers. Endgame can wait. Just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Meh. The only thing that matters to me that weekend is the Draft. All else can wait.

I like Marvel movies, especially the Avengers, but the Draft is real and impacts my 9ers. Endgame can wait. Just my opinion.

A few coworkers and I are taking off work to watch Endgame in the afternoon, then head to the bar to watch the draft in the evening. B|

34 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

In order of villainy:

1) Gooddell

2) Thanos

3) Night King

The Night King is ultimately just misunderstood. #TeamWhiteWalker

• Like 2

7 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

In order of villainy:

1) Gooddell

2) Thanos

3) Night King

The Night King is ultimately just misunderstood. #TeamWhiteWalker

And don't forget that the real hero of Karate Kid wasn't Ralph Macchio, it was Billy Zabka.

• Like 1

Well this sucks! Just found out AT&T and Direct TV got rid of the NFL Network channel from their lineup.....Right before the draft, really, come on man! I called them and they said, blacked out, nope googled and it's been reported from AT&T that they couldn't come to an agreement with the NFL. >:( now I have to watch it on ESPN....

9 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Well this sucks! Just found out AT&T and Direct TV got rid of the NFL Network channel from their lineup.....Right before the draft, really, come on man! I called them and they said, blacked out, nope googled and it's been reported from AT&T that they couldn't come to an agreement with the NFL. >:( now I have to watch it on ESPN....

I'm going to give the draft network a chance this year with the occasional mix in of the networks for interviews. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/tdn-s-2019-nfl-draft-show--live-from-nashville

2 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I'm going to give the draft network a chance this year with the occasional mix in of the networks for interviews. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/tdn-s-2019-nfl-draft-show--live-from-nashville

Just curious from other ppl. I've always been interested in cutting cords and just sticking with my internet from AT&T and doing something like PSVUE. Has anyone tried or using their streaming service for cable? There's a trial run that I'm tempted to do, but it's only 5 days so I'll probably wait until we get closer to the draft. Just thought I'd ask

48 1/2, I appreciate the link, maybe I'll try it out there too if I get tired of Kiper on ESPN lol