New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

On 2019-05-09 at 9:03 AM, y2lamanaki said:

Don't really love winning two Game 7s on questionable ref calls - feels like karmic justice is around the corner - but go Sharks. Joe deserves his cup.

At this point, I'd say both Joes deserve it. For scoring a goal with his face alone, Pavelski deserves MVP.

• Like 1

Can I ask a question relating to Saint George of the house Kittle?

Basically, what makes him so good? From what ive seen, he looks fast for his size, great hands, great routes, is strong as well and can drag defenders with hin. Is this all fair? Also, is he an all-rounder (blocks as well as he receives)? As a Pats fan who's watched Gronk's career - im excited for George. Looks hella good. Thx :)

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Can I ask a question relating to Saint George of the house Kittle?

Basically, what makes him so good? From what ive seen, he looks fast for his size, great hands, great routes, is strong as well and can drag defenders with hin. Is this all fair? Also, is he an all-rounder (blocks as well as he receives)? As a Pats fan who's watched Gronk's career - im excited for George. Looks hella good. Thx :)

His hands are okay - I wouldn't call them great or anything. He's had difficulties with drops at times. He's super athletic / fast. He ran a 4.52 40 which just creates all sort of mismatches. It also helps that there may not be a better schemer in the NFL than Shanny when it comes to getting the other skill positions (full back, running back, tight ends) open in routes. Once he has the ball in his hands, he's an absolute menace, and that helps out considerably. 

And yes, he's a tremendous blocker. Iowa helps quite a lot in that regard as they are excellent with that kind of stuff. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 3:06 PM, N4L said:

Posts that aged poorly for $800, Alex

They were a questionable call and a lazy play by Gabe Landeskog away from closing them out. I regret nothing. The Sharks have had some extremely good breaks this year. Losing MacKinnon for half of the first period didn’t help either.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

His hands are okay - I wouldn't call them great or anything. He's had difficulties with drops at times. He's super athletic / fast. He ran a 4.52 40 which just creates all sort of mismatches. It also helps that there may not be a better schemer in the NFL than Shanny when it comes to getting the other skill positions (full back, running back, tight ends) open in routes. Once he has the ball in his hands, he's an absolute menace, and that helps out considerably. 

And yes, he's a tremendous blocker. Iowa helps quite a lot in that regard as they are excellent with that kind of stuff. 

Tight End U, that place.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:03 AM, y2lamanaki said:

Don't really love winning two Game 7s on questionable ref calls - feels like karmic justice is around the corner - but go Sharks. Joe deserves his cup.

It is karmic justice, except in the sharks favor as payback for all of the heartbreak of yesteryear. 

Life is just a matter of perspective. 

Good luck begets good luck. Keep it firing 

I just bet on Nick bosa winning DROY as well as DEEBO for OROY 

I think it's actually somewhat feasible that one or both guys win. Both guys are polished, day one starters.

Bosa obviously has name recognition and could have some flashy stats as far as sacks go. The opportunities will be there for him. I think he will get the nod over a guy like Oliver or QW because sacks are sexy. Interior guys aren't going to get as many sacks in a general sense. 

Deebo is a plug and play guy. His style fits perfectly with Garoppolo. I also think that the OROY award is wide open this year. There doesn't seem to be a top flight rb in this draft. The only other guy who really worries me is Kyler, but I just don't think that the Cardinals will win very many games next year. 

I think we will be a good team and winning a lot of games always helps with these types of awards. 

They were +727 and +2085 respectively. Did I get good value @Forge

Who else could win either award? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, N4L said:

I just bet on Nick bosa winning DROY as well as DEEBO for OROY 

I think it's actually somewhat feasible that one or both guys win. Both guys are polished, day one starters.

Bosa obviously has name recognition and could have some flashy stats as far as sacks go. The opportunities will be there for him. I think he will get the nod over a guy like Oliver or QW because sacks are sexy. Interior guys aren't going to get as many sacks in a general sense. 

Deebo is a plug and play guy. His style fits perfectly with Garoppolo. I also think that the OROY award is wide open this year. There doesn't seem to be a top flight rb in this draft. The only other guy who really worries me is Kyler, but I just don't think that the Cardinals will win very many games next year. 

I think we will be a good team and winning a lot of games always helps with these types of awards. 

They were +727 and +2085 respectively. Did I get good value @Forge

Who else could win either award? 

Bosa is good value. He wouldn't be my favorite to win the award, that would likely be one of the Devin's, but I agree that I think that you can largely rule out guys like QW and Oliver as interior rushers almost never win the award. Secondary guys need to have significant impact and I think it's harder for them to get the sexy stats such as INTs, and corner in particular is not an easy position to try and transition to. Much harder for them. I think in the last 20 years, only 3 have won DROY. It's almost always a linebacker or pass rusher. I think it's just easier for linebackers to transition, both Devin's are guaranteed starting spots, and it's easier for that position to fool people into thinking that they are good (chase tackles). 

Deebo is good for a flyer, nothing more in my opinion. Very little chance that he wins the award. Every now and again, you get a rookie wide receiver who balls out, but for the most part it still takes a receiver time to acclimate, despite the 2014 draft trying to convince us otherwise. You still have guys that come in and perform at a very high level of course, it's just not the norm. Michael Thomas was about the only one in 16. Juju and Kupp were the top to in 17 I think, and neither hit 1000 yards. In 2015 you had Cooper, and he was a top 5 prospect in that draft and he barely hit 1000 yards. I think a good rookie season for Deebo will be 800 yards and a few touchdowns, and I don't think that's going to be enough to really combat for the award, particularly if both Murray and Haskins start the season as starters. Then there's Josh Jacobs, who should almost be a lot for 1400-1500 YFS. 

Bosa must be a good shout, if the rest of the front 7 are good. It won't be like an offense has to just concentrate of not letting Bosa take over; they're going to have to account for a lot more pieces. Should leave Bosa with opportunities to make the big plays.

Hey, this feels good :D

• Like 1

Best bet for OROY is always a QB who will get on the field early or a RB. Samuel pick is essentially a waste of money. 

Bosa though? I'd say he is the favorite especially if he is able to get 10 or so sacks, which is very possible. His brother had 10 in 12 games I believe and Nick should have similar impact. Even if Williams is more dominant, Bosa will have the raw sack numbers on his side. One thing I will say though, the voters are getting smarter and smarter. They are looking at overall impact and I guess others just go with PFF rankings lol.