New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Seem to remember something about him being more interested in fishing than playing football after he signed his contract. Talent was there, but I think the desire was missing. 

Yeah, he never really showed any love or desire for football. He did appear more interested in fishing. 

8 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Seem to remember something about him being more interested in fishing than playing football after he signed his contract. Talent was there, but I think the desire was missing. 

I actually believe that he's like a sports fisherman now or whatever. 

Good for him to find and follow his happy. Just wish he would have done it before we took him in round one. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I actually believe that he's like a sports fisherman now or whatever. 

Good for him to find and follow his happy. Just wish he would have done it before we took him in round one. 

It’d be cool if we got some Bill Dance esque videos out of Rashaun Woods. Might make up for that wasted pick a little bit. 

Edited by Gore Whore 21
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is an interesting article about agents and contracts in The Athletic. They bring up our 49ers in the article, and the agents discussing our team were...unkind to the franchise, to put it politely (they used a forum-banned word or two). I forget who it was earlier this offseason, but somebody had posted a good point about our extremely team-friendly contracts potentially becoming a deterrent to signing here. If these agents quoted in the Athletic article are indicative of agents as a whole, then this might legitimately be a thing.

Now, to be fair, the agents also noted that we have had nobody here other than Kaepernick who would have had the ability to really get a great contract for players here, so that plays a role. It's true when you consider that guys we have been signing have come with a lot of baggage (Garoppolo = injury in 2016/small sample, McKinnon = small/never in lead back role, Kwon = coming off of injury/loads of missed tackles, etc.). However, that perception clearly does exist in some circles. 

I don't think it's a major issue, even moving forward. I think a great way to quickly change that perception would be to give more player-friendly contracts to Kittle/Buckner if they have repeats of their great 2018 seasons. Something that says we take good care of our cornerstones.

18 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

There is an interesting article about agents and contracts in The Athletic. They bring up our 49ers in the article, and the agents discussing our team were...unkind to the franchise, to put it politely (they used a forum-banned word or two). I forget who it was earlier this offseason, but somebody had posted a good point about our extremely team-friendly contracts potentially becoming a deterrent to signing here. If these agents quoted in the Athletic article are indicative of agents as a whole, then this might legitimately be a thing.

Now, to be fair, the agents also noted that we have had nobody here other than Kaepernick who would have had the ability to really get a great contract for players here, so that plays a role. It's true when you consider that guys we have been signing have come with a lot of baggage (Garoppolo = injury in 2016/small sample, McKinnon = small/never in lead back role, Kwon = coming off of injury/loads of missed tackles, etc.). However, that perception clearly does exist in some circles. 

I don't think it's a major issue, even moving forward. I think a great way to quickly change that perception would be to give more player-friendly contracts to Kittle/Buckner if they have repeats of their great 2018 seasons. Something that says we take good care of our cornerstones.

Can you post the link here or tell me who wrote it? I have The Athletic but my feed is basically just 49ers and Warriors articles lol. 

19 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I mentioned it earlier in the year when the Ringer had Joel Corry on its football podcast. He commented that as a former agent, he would never send his guys to the 49ers because of the way they structure contracts, which he was was way beyond what anyone else in football is doing from a team friendly perspective (he meant it as a positive for us overall in how we handle the cap, while still offering his opinion on how he would feel about it as a former agent). 

Someone, maybe Rudy, then mentioned that they didn't love hearing that from just a general sports agent feel because they may be less inclined to send their players here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Can you post the link here or tell me who wrote it? I have The Athletic but my feed is basically just 49ers and Warriors articles lol. 

Vic Tafur wrote it. Here is the link:

https://theathletic.com/1074565/2019/07/16/an-agents-life-doug-hendrickson-and-cj-laboy-on-bs-contracts-dealing-with-players-families-and-trying-to-set-their-clients-up-for-the-long-haul/

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

Thanks, I do agree with some of the things the agents said. Those April triggers are kind of BS lol. 

But them complaining about Jimmy G's deal being front loaded is non-sense. He was unproven when he got the deal so of course the team will want an out after a few seasons. Jimmy G still got a nice guarantee. 

I do wonder if our FO has cost us a few top level free agents? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

Even funniesterester if Trent Taylor doesn't actually exist and the team has just been trolling us for two years.

Even funniesteresterest if the 49ers don't actually exist, and this is all some Truman Show-esque reality show we're all stuck on.

Little big league is an under rated baseball movie. Lost in the shuffle of the sandlot and rookie of the year, it doesn't get enough love. The baseball players solving math problems isn't exactly the Bull Durham mound visit scene, but it's pretty damn good and amusing in it's own right. 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Little big league is an under rated baseball movie. Lost in the shuffle of the sandlot and rookie of the year, it doesn't get enough love. The baseball players solving math problems isn't exactly the Bull Durham mound visit scene, but it's pretty damn good and amusing in it's own right. 

I hope the baseball romanticism doesn't mean you are officially giving up on the giants 

• 4 weeks later...