Jump to content

New Forum - New Random


y2lamanaki
 Share

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

26 members have voted

  1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

    • The First One. Always go with The First One.
      0
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
      0
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

    • No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!


Recommended Posts

New Montana documentary was really good. I knew Walsh had a hard-on for Young but wow, way bigger than I could of expected. He promised Young the job by the start of 1988, but Montana kept winning and was healthy. Then when Joe is injured just one game, he tells Steve Young “you are the permanent starter if you win this”. He goes ahead of the Cardinals 23-0 and loses 24-23. Montana comes back next week and wins back to back Super Bowls. Walsh even said during the season “Montana needs to take a break, he is physically beat up” desperately trying to insert Steve, but Montana wasn’t having any of it. This is the same guy who beat out 6 guys at Notre Dame being 7th on the depth chart. 
 

Walsh retiring after 1988 probably had something to do with the stress of the QB controversy. A completely unnecessary controversy. Montana could of easily played on the Niners til the end of ‘94. Possibly to the end of ‘95 because he loved that team. All you were doing was irritating two great QB’s and stressing them both out. Young could of been winning MVP’s and Super Bowls on another team. I’m sure both men have a lot of resentment towards certain guys in the Front Office, as the situation was handled pretty terribly. And Young probably shouldn’t of been traded for at all, just classic Walsh over-thinking. 

I mean, certainly not the worst problem to have, but just sucked for both guys, and totally unnecessary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

New Montana documentary was really good. I knew Walsh had a hard-on for Young but wow, way bigger than I could of expected. He promised Young the job by the start of 1988, but Montana kept winning and was healthy. Then when Joe is injured just one game, he tells Steve Young “you are the permanent starter if you win this”. He goes ahead of the Cardinals 23-0 and loses 24-23. Montana comes back next week and wins back to back Super Bowls. Walsh even said during the season “Montana needs to take a break, he is physically beat up” desperately trying to insert Steve, but Montana wasn’t having any of it. This is the same guy who beat out 6 guys at Notre Dame being 7th on the depth chart. 
 

Walsh retiring after 1988 probably had something to do with the stress of the QB controversy. A completely unnecessary controversy. Montana could of easily played on the Niners til the end of ‘94. Possibly to the end of ‘95 because he loved that team. All you were doing was irritating two great QB’s and stressing them both out. Young could of been winning MVP’s and Super Bowls on another team. I’m sure both men have a lot of resentment towards certain guys in the Front Office, as the situation was handled pretty terribly. And Young probably shouldn’t of been traded for at all, just classic Walsh over-thinking. 

I mean, certainly not the worst problem to have, but just sucked for both guys, and totally unnecessary. 

I read Steve's book and I don't think he has a lot of resentment towards anyone and while I think Joe and Steve had issues during their playing days just due to the competitive nature of the sport and just competitive individuals in general they actually have a decent relationship now. Steve talked in his book about how Joe invited him to dinner every now and then with his family and couldn't have been more gracious while he was there.

Joe missed almost two full seasons in 91 and 92 with an elbow injury. Steve should have taken over sooner imo but I am biased. Steve is my favorite player. 

Was this an NFL network documentary? I'll have to check it out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

I read Steve's book and I don't think he has a lot of resentment towards anyone and while I think Joe and Steve had issues during their playing days just due to the competitive nature of the sport and just competitive individuals in general they actually have a decent relationship now. Steve talked in his book about how Joe invited him to dinner every now and then with his family and couldn't have been more gracious while he was there.

Joe missed almost two full seasons in 91 and 92 with an elbow injury. Steve should have taken over sooner imo but I am biased. Steve is my favorite player. 

Was this an NFL network documentary? I'll have to check it out.

Joe missed 91 and 92,  but Young was the named started sometime during 91 basically. Joe was never reclaiming the job in 92. This documentary shows how Walsh wanted Young the starter at the start of 1988, and desperately tried to make it happen. Even told Joe “you look like you need a break, take some time off” and Joe refused. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hey guys just looking for some info/advice.

I'm interviewing for a job in the East Bay Area around Hayward. I see real estate is through the roof and it would be a 2 year commitment at least. Pros/Cons of Living in/around that east bay area?

Also I would like to understand why so many are leaving Cali. Is it taxes? Real estate prices?

This is a big decision for me, so any info is really appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

Hey guys just looking for some info/advice.

I'm interviewing for a job in the East Bay Area around Hayward. I see real estate is through the roof and it would be a 2 year commitment at least. Pros/Cons of Living in/around that east bay area?

Also I would like to understand why so many are leaving Cali. Is it taxes? Real estate prices?

This is a big decision for me, so any info is really appreciated.

@John232@N4L

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Hey guys just looking for some info/advice.

I'm interviewing for a job in the East Bay Area around Hayward. I see real estate is through the roof and it would be a 2 year commitment at least. Pros/Cons of Living in/around that east bay area?

Also I would like to understand why so many are leaving Cali. Is it taxes? Real estate prices?

This is a big decision for me, so any info is really appreciated.

Oh man, lots to unpack. I grew up in sj and I haven’t lived there since the Alex smith days, but I can maybe speak to some off this.
 

Pros: weather is incredible imo. Little wet around the bay, but never too hot or cold. The bays Culture, night life and food are on par with any major city in the world, even Oakland. Deep interesting history with a really diverse population. Lots of good school districts If you’re starting a family.  Close to lots of park and nature..Yosemite is 4 hours away. Lots of,job,opportunities in certain industries here. 
 

cons: cost of living is offensive in the bay, All I can say. I own a house In Fresno and I pay a 3rd of what a 1 bedroom would cost in sf. Oakland is slightly better but not really. Oakland is going to be rough in certain parts so be aware. Wealth divide and homelessness is very clearly getting worse. Taxes In cali aren’t great but I’m ok paying taxes, so subjective.

 

im not sure people are really fleeing….but if they are, it’s because you need to make 180k a year just to even broach buying in the bay. I

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, John232 said:

Oh man, lots to unpack. I grew up in sj and I haven’t lived there since the Alex smith days, but I can maybe speak to some off this.
 

Pros: weather is incredible imo. Little wet around the bay, but never too hot or cold. The bays Culture, night life and food are on par with any major city in the world, even Oakland. Deep interesting history with a really diverse population. Lots of good school districts If you’re starting a family.  Close to lots of park and nature..Yosemite is 4 hours away. Lots of,job,opportunities in certain industries here. 
 

cons: cost of living is offensive in the bay, All I can say. I own a house In Fresno and I pay a 3rd of what a 1 bedroom would cost in sf. Oakland is slightly better but not really. Oakland is going to be rough in certain parts so be aware. Wealth divide and homelessness is very clearly getting worse. Taxes In cali aren’t great but I’m ok paying taxes, so subjective.

 

im not sure people are really fleeing….but if they are, it’s because you need to make 180k a year just to even broach buying in the bay. I

 

Yeah I just don't want to struggle is all. I don't mind taxes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Hey guys just looking for some info/advice.

I'm interviewing for a job in the East Bay Area around Hayward. I see real estate is through the roof and it would be a 2 year commitment at least. Pros/Cons of Living in/around that east bay area?

Also I would like to understand why so many are leaving Cali. Is it taxes? Real estate prices?

This is a big decision for me, so any info is really appreciated.

I’m not east bay, but I have lived in San Jose all my life. You get great weather, close to snow, beach, forest. It’s hard to beat……if u can afford it.

the mass exodus from the Bay Area ( all of California) is mainly based on the cost of living. Everything costs more here and the cost of housing, whether buying or renting is just crazy…..so people are leaving the state. The people leaving are really doing what has been done to them, going to a new state and out bidding those locals/ driving up housing……..I digress. 


Bay Area is awesome, lots to do….if u can afford it

 

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, adamq said:

🔥🔥

They are already torching his career. Don't really have much hope for him succeeding if we are being honest. He's talented enough to overcome it, but I simply don't bet on young guys being able to do it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...