Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

12 hours ago, Millenhater said:

The guy no one is talking about is Anthony Barr. That dude would make a great Jack LB. him and Kennard you wouldn’t know who was rushing and throw in Davis that can blitz. I like that LB core

I think the fact that his numbers and impact have been steadily decreasing is a red flag for me.  Mike Zimmer is usually really good at getting the most out of his defensive players.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarrAn00.htm

If we could get a free agent LB that is lights out in pass coverage (or even above average) that would be a huge win for us.

There are a ton of high quality safeties in the free agent market this year.  Add Jahjeel Addae to the list:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/09/chargers-to-sever-ties-with-jahleel-addae/

In the past, Patricia has rolled out a 3-safety look.  It would be awesome if we paired up Tracy Walker and Quandre Diggs with a quality 3rd safety like Jahleel Addae, Tashaun Gipson.  If we are shooting for a quality starter, Adrian Amos and Tre Boston would be good also.  

I just hope that Quinn makes a big move. I understand that he prefers to add depth to positions of need, but I think that the team is really lacking in impact players and they're in a perfect position to add at least one or two. It's time to do something significant. I'll be pissed if the team just adds a bunch of mediocre guys. 

Not thrilled but also not surprised by Amendola move. I expected this move when I saw that he was being released by Miami. The money is a bit rich but it's better than the $10M - $12M a lot of these other guys will get.

I really have a hard time with the idea of us being able to get Flowers. I just don't see it. Florida has no income tax. Even with a similar contract, Flowers is going to wind up with more in the bank as a result. He has a prior relationship with MP and Flores, so we'll call that a wash for now. The weather is nicer down south (he's from Alabama) and he'd be closer to home.

I think there's an argument that the Lions are closer to competing for a championship than the Dolphins, even if marginally. Not going to get my hopes up for this one.

42 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Not thrilled but also not surprised by Amendola move. I expected this move when I saw that he was being released by Miami. The money is a bit rich but it's better than the $10M - $12M a lot of these other guys will get.

I really have a hard time with the idea of us being able to get Flowers. I just don't see it. Florida has no income tax. Even with a similar contract, Flowers is going to wind up with more in the bank as a result. He has a prior relationship with MP and Flores, so we'll call that a wash for now. The weather is nicer down south (he's from Alabama) and he'd be closer to home.

I think there's an argument that the Lions are closer to competing for a championship than the Dolphins, even if marginally. Not going to get my hopes up for this one.

I dont want Flowers at all. I hope MIA signs him with his price being rumored at 17 mil a year...HARD PASS!

5 minutes ago, BZski said:

I dont want Flowers at all. I hope MIA signs him with his price being rumored at 17 mil a year...HARD PASS!

I'd expect he'd need $18 - $19 to sign here. That is a lot of money but remember that we did pay Ansah that much to basically be injured a good chunk of the season. If we can replace Ansah and Quin with younger guys (Flowers and Collins) for similar money, then I'd still call that a win.

If we sign Barr - where does that put Christian Jones?

I’ll try to get links later on where the Lions are at but I’ve heard:

RB Ingram

DE Trey Flowers

CB Landon Collins

LB Anthony Barr

LB CJ Mosley

RB CJ Anderson

DB Tyrann Mathieu 

TE Jared Cook

We are going to be aggressive on free agency. It will be interesting to see where we put the money.

Archived