Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

News on the upcoming free agency season has been pretty scant.  Has anyone heard rumors about who the Lions will make a serious effort to get?

Two guys that I liked are already off the table:  TE Nick Boyle (a big blocking TE) and G BJ Finney (a back-up in Pittsburgh but could be a quality starter on a lot of other teams including the Lions)

We hosted Dwayne Allen but he was good in the redzone for the colts but did nothing for the Patriots last year.

Bob Quin is pretty good at playing things close to the vest.  Has anyone heard anything?

17 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

take it for what its worth vegas has us as the favorites for Landon Collins. im guessing since Jamie Collins got paid by the browns all he wants to do is win a ring we maybe able to get him on the cheap-ish.

Then why would he sign with us? We aren't contenders for a ring.

54 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

him & Matt Patricia are boys.

Even so, we don't have a huge need at the position and we're 2nd string at best in the division... I have a hard time expecting him to want to join us if he's looking for a ring.

5 minutes ago, Miblue said:

Why would anyone sign with us if those were the conditions?

Money and an opportunity are a start. The ability to help turn around the misfortune of a franchise and cement yourself into legend are others. Or maybe some people just hate themselves and want to join the rest of us in misery...

Seriously though, I don't see the team being a SB contender for 1-2 years. If a younger guy signs to come in and be a part of a turnaround, that can make sense. If an older guy is looking to compete for a ring in that timeframe... Detroit is not the right place to be IMO.

Archived