Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

We need a #2/complimentary back.  Even in college Kerryon Johnson was nicked up quite a bit.  I think he is going to be a really good RB but right now, he shouldn't be counted on as a "bell cow" RB

I get that, which is why I am ok getting a decent secondary RB.  I don't think we need another RB that is going to demand carries.  Crowell probably fits that mold but then would bump Zenner off the team IMO, which I am ok with.  But it has to be cheap as I see 5 carries a game for whoever it is. 

28 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I get that, which is why I am ok getting a decent secondary RB.  I don't think we need another RB that is going to demand carries.  Crowell probably fits that mold but then would bump Zenner off the team IMO, which I am ok with.  But it has to be cheap as I see 5 carries a game for whoever it is. 

Brah, The coaches love Zenner. He's not going anywhere.

On 3/13/2019 at 6:16 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

Eric Berry please. 

Yeah, I'd of loved, would still love this move. Heart/soul character guy with talent. (Hopefully; Still.)

Missed alot of time but one of those dudes I'd have to give a chance too. 

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I disagree.  they signed him to a 1 year deal with little guaranteed.  He is expendable and the cap implications wont hurt us if we find something better. 

I'll bet you your Moderator position that he'll be on the 53-man. B| Hehehaha

Just now, SimbaWho said:

I'll bet you your Moderator position that he'll be on the 53-man. B| Hehehaha

If we sign Crowell he won't be.  I don't expect us to sign anyone at the spot so I would assume he will be on the roster.  But he definitely is on an expendable type contract.

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If we sign Crowell he won't be.  I don't expect us to sign anyone at the spot so I would assume he will be on the roster.  But he definitely is on an expendable type contract.

Lol, It's ok. People around here would be pretty upset I think if I became a MOD.

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Oh I don't mind relinquishing my mod status.  it holds me back in a lot of conversations, lol.  It might add some spice to the forum.

1) How does someone become a mod? 2) Is there a benefit of sorts that comes with it?

I'm not interested in the gig but curious on how/why people do it.

Just now, Karnage84 said:

1) How does someone become a mod? 2) Is there a benefit of sorts that comes with it?

I'm not interested in the gig but curious on how/why people do it.

I think I was nominated (or was the last Lions forum member to not be suspended for some reason or another).  There is not a lot of benefit that I have seen.  There used to be some if you did the FFMD and wanted a leadership role but now-a-days its pretty much just monitoring threads and yelling at people who are being mean.

20 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think I was nominated (or was the last Lions forum member to not be suspended for some reason or another).  There is not a lot of benefit that I have seen.  There used to be some if you did the FFMD and wanted a leadership role but now-a-days its pretty much just monitoring threads and yelling at people who are being mean.

Fair enough. Well I do appreciate you keeping things in check and throwing in your 2 cents on things. I do think that as a forum we should keep track of our top 5 guys, sleeper picks, bust candidates, etc. for the next few years. It would be interesting to see. Our discussion around Ebron had me looking back on that draft. I remember being high on Gilbert (fail) but also could have been behind Donald (with Suh being an uncertainty). I also remember being super high on Malcolm Jenkins years ago.

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Fair enough. Well I do appreciate you keeping things in check and throwing in your 2 cents on things. I do think that as a forum we should keep track of our top 5 guys, sleeper picks, bust candidates, etc. for the next few years. It would be interesting to see. Our discussion around Ebron had me looking back on that draft. I remember being high on Gilbert (fail) but also could have been behind Donald (with Suh being an uncertainty). I also remember being super high on Malcolm Jenkins years ago.

Yeah, I think I bust on more than I hit on but always enjoy trying.  I remember being high on Donald.  I didn't really want OBJ but I remember his name being thrown around. 

I remember some years being way off.  I'll let those die in the old FF site graveyard though.

16 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Yeah I wanted Donald(old SN was JRUGGES) but in FFMD I think I endorsed the Gilbert selection, and like you said, FAIL FAIL FAIL. An though I just made fun of him, IDOG did say steer clear of him, so, I'll give him some props for that one for sure if I'm going to hold things like Ebron against him. 

Honestly I respect IDOG a lot, He knows the game well and is pretty good at evaluating talent. Sometimes, possibly like me, I think he gets full of it on prospects though. To say I don't look at his mocks or read his insight on things isn't true. There are many ways to build / run a team and most of the time me and him are just on the opposite side of the spectrum. Doesn't mean he's wrong or I'm right, just means we prolly won't work together well lol. 

Archived