Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

1 hour ago, MortexLion said:

Any word yet on Ziggy? Saw that he had a couple interviews for the bills and the saints but haven't heard anything after...From what some podcast and YT have been saying is that the Lions value Ansah more then other teams...did we offer something..is he thinking things over? I'd really like the guy back on a incentive contract. 

At what contract value would you want him back at? At what value would you hate it?

Ansah is effective when on the field. As such, he’s a complimentary piece that can’t really be depended on. It’s not his fault, just simple reality.

Any contract that reflects that reality would be okay. A guaranteed base salary of 2 million, with incentives for sacks, games played etc. would be fine.

WR Golden Tate to the Giants... weird...

Man, good thing Tate got that super bowl early so he didn't ever have to worry about signing with a winner again. Slightly making fun of him for signing with teams that are a way off from winning but it's a great strategy professionally. He's going to make a lot of money as a football player, I'm cool with that. 

- OG Earl Watford signs with the Buc's. Kinda wanted him to compete at RG. 

- OG AJ Cann has resigned with JAX, really wanted him to come in an own the RG starting gig unless a rookie was clearly better. 

- CB Darqueze Dennard I'm told is rumored to be visiting KC and expected to sign if a multi-year deal is on the table/option. Kinda sucks because I think he'll sign a cheap deal to be a #2/nickle type CB which would of fit like a glove here with Coleman/Slay. 

Rumors are Bengals aren't too interested in bringing back OT Jake Fisher... Might be nice depth as a swing tackle. Idk. 

On 3/16/2019 at 3:32 PM, TimeForChange said:

We resigned Cooper. That shores up our CB situation 

That one yr deal shores up our secondary.. since when is this guy starter material 

Be foolish not to grab a couple cbs in this draft imo

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 3:32 PM, TimeForChange said:

We resigned Cooper. That shores up our CB situation 

It's another move with the intention of not pigeon holing our draft pick because of a glaring need. The guy knows the system and they like him enough to at least be a depth guy. I wouldn't be shocked to see Toilolo back with a similar deal. He's probably looking for an opportunity with a bit more money and/or multi-year (2 year) deal.

We're likely going to add another player into the secondary within the first 3 rounds. I don't think it will be the case in the first round.

Archived