Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

14 hours ago, detroitroar said:

Pretty good pass blocker.

Nick Perry released. 

It sounds like a depth signing who is familiar with Bevell's system. Worst comes to worst, he's a guy that can step in to fill TJ's spot on a limited basis. I was listening to a podcast this morning and they spoke to this. The Lions are filling holes as best as they can so they aren't forced to reach in the draft in order to fill that spot. If we didn't get Flowers and Ansah walks, we might be sitting here with a significant need at edge. We might still take one at #8 but it does give us flexibility.

17 hours ago, davisblack said:

Lions signed OG Oday Aboushi to a 1yr deal worth up to 2 mil.

I don't know much about him, but PFF rated him 41st overall out of 77 Guards.

I'm not buying this for a second. The guy has jumped around the league on TERRIBLE O-lines. Holding out hope they get someone in the draft or bring in better competition to the position like AJ Cann , Iupati, Spain, Watford, Warmack, alot.

This is another Kenny Wiggins type move to me unless they bring in another veteran and draft a dude to all fight for RG. They're attempting to plug a hole with a cheap/average player. An while I don't hate the idea in theory I'm going to hate it if they don't bring in any competition worth while for the RG position. 

Lions still have a bit of money to work with. Anyone suspect they're targeting a player or just bargain shopping now? Not sure I hate the idea of signing CB Darqueze Dennard to a 1 or 2 year deal on the cheap. Same with RB, T.J. Yeldon. 

4 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I'm not buying this for a second. The guy has jumped around the league on TERRIBLE O-lines. Holding out hope they get someone in the draft or bring in better competition to the position like AJ Cann , Iupati, Spain, Watford, Warmack, alot.

This is another Kenny Wiggins type move to me unless they bring in another veteran and draft a dude to all fight for RG. They're attempting to plug a hole with a cheap/average player. An while I don't hate the idea in theory I'm going to hate it if they don't bring in any competition worth while for the RG position. 

Lions still have a bit of money to work with. Anyone suspect they're targeting a player or just bargain shopping now? Not sure I hate the idea of signing CB Darqueze Dennard to a 1 or 2 year deal on the cheap. Same with RB, T.J. Yeldon. 

I think the signing is intended to be the opposite - they aren't holding out hope to draft a guy.... they're just trying make sure they aren't reaching on an inferior player and/or losing out on a better player because they have zero guys to fill a particular spot (in this case RG). I'd like to see more competition brought in as well and things are still shaking out.

Spin it how you want to Karnage but... If you rely on this player to start we're in big trouble my man. 

Now if he comes in, beats out another veteran and some draftee's the team had hope in, then... we've got a different story.

You guys seriously love , every single time, and buy into these depth signings like they make the team better. They're only good if they push players above a standard. Making him the standard isn't good. All's I'm saying is I'm not buying RG is even close to being fixed with this signing or that a "hole" was plugged because we'll be back here next year wondering who our RG is and how to upgrade it. 

2 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Spin it how you want to Karnage but... If you rely on this player to start we're in big trouble my man.

1) I blame you for bringing me back here and swimming in the general misery that is being a Lions fan

2) I don't disagree with you, they need a much better guy to fit at RG. It just helps a little with the flexibility at that spot and he knows Bevell's system. I'm just glad that I'm not Stafford if he's the Day 1 starter at RG.

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

1) I blame you for bringing me back here and swimming in the general misery that is being a Lions fan

2) I don't disagree with you, they need a much better guy to fit at RG. It just helps a little with the flexibility at that spot and he knows Bevell's system. I'm just glad that I'm not Stafford if he's the Day 1 starter at RG.

I'm sorry. I got tired of talking with myself in here.

Everyone else is just... such a fan too. It's gross. Lol.

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

I'm sorry. I got tired of talking with myself in here.

Everyone else is just... such a fan too. It's gross. Lol.

Being a Lions fan is like being addicted to meth... you know that it isn't good for you... you look terrible, you lose your teeth and your family stops talking to you. But you can't help yourself...

Archived