Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

4 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Ingram signed a 3 year 15 million dollar deal. We couldn't give him more than that? Cmon..

I wonder how much Tevin Coleman is gonna get because I would love him here on a similar deal

Similar deal in SF.  Solid deal for them.  Would rather have Ingram as he is more of a compliment to KJ IMO

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Similar deal in SF.  Solid deal for them.  Would rather have Ingram as he is more of a compliment to KJ IMO

Well damn.

I swear they better not go into the season with KJ and Zenner and Riddick as their backs

apparently Mr.lynch really loves his running backs over there

I'm excited about Kerryon, so I don't think we need another feature back.  I think we need solid depth but don't need a guy like Ingram/Ajayi etc.  If they come cheap and accept the rotational role than I am fine with it but I am not giving up on KJ's health and ability yet just because we have been burned before.

3 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

Berry is no bueno for me. 30 year old safety with limited playing time in his career due to injuries and the last two years only starting 3 games. Heel, Achilles, and ACL injuries have taken their toll on him

It would definitely be risky. I’d do it though. Have to be like $3-5 mill salary where he makes like half a mill for every game he’s active. Could make a ton of money but if he does he’s probably been a great player for us. If he doesn’t than we paid for what we got. 

Ya kinda disappointed we didn't grab a rb

Hoping they would of traded for a cb or te ( both signings were ok but still need more there)

OL still looking very meh imo what's the plan there.. 

OL looks like the biggest need heading to the draft imo ..kj won't last as is imo

18 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Last year Quinn restructured some contracts at the trade deadline to free up some space with what appeared to be the intention of trading for a player any chance there is a player or perhaps the same player we are going to try and trade for?

I'm guessing he was giving himself the ability to make a move, and since some cap space rolls over, it made sense.  I would guess there are no significant trades at this point for us.

Lions sign Andrew Adams, safety who I guess has played for Tampa and the Giants, and who I admit I have never heard of before today. he's picked off a few passes, so that's good I guess.

Now our secondary looks like Walker, Diggs, T. Wilson and Adams at safety and Slay, Coleman, Shead, Tabor and Agnew at corner?

I would hope they'd still acquire a better #2 corner. Have to be thru trade or draft, because the only #2 left in FA is Ronald Darby (if he's even healthy) and I'm not holding my breath for that.

If, thru the rest of the off-season, they can manage to get a #2 corner, a genuine edge rusher, and some kind of linebacker upgrade, I'd feel pretty good about the defense going into the season.

3 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Lions sign Andrew Adams, safety who I guess has played for Tampa and the Giants, and who I admit I have never heard of before today. he's picked off a few passes, so that's good I guess.

Now our secondary looks like Walker, Diggs, T. Wilson and Adams at safety and Slay, Coleman, Shead, Tabor and Agnew at corner?

I would hope they'd still acquire a better #2 corner. Have to be thru trade or draft, because the only #2 left in FA is Ronald Darby (if he's even healthy) and I'm not holding my breath for that.

If, thru the rest of the off-season, they can manage to get a #2 corner, a genuine edge rusher, and some kind of linebacker upgrade, I'd feel pretty good about the defense going into the season.

Don't forget we have ford also.   He really began looking decent late last year.  I think that we are going too be fine in the running back area.  Crowell would be a decent pick-up with a low dollar amount.  

On 3/13/2019 at 9:33 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm excited about Kerryon, so I don't think we need another feature back.  I think we need solid depth but don't need a guy like Ingram/Ajayi etc.  If they come cheap and accept the rotational role than I am fine with it but I am not giving up on KJ's health and ability yet just because we have been burned before.

We need a #2/complimentary back.  Even in college Kerryon Johnson was nicked up quite a bit.  I think he is going to be a really good RB but right now, he shouldn't be counted on as a "bell cow" RB

Archived