Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I do think that it's HIGHLY unlikely to happen but if the Jags ever were ready to move on, we likely could manage it. Peterson is a more realistic candidate if we actually go that route. A large part of this depends on what the plans are for Coleman.

Personally I'd take either if the price were right

16 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Personally I'd take either if the price were right

#8 is a pretty high price to me even though he's a very good player. My understanding is that the Patriots prefer to have veteran guys as the starters in the secondary but obviously let play dictate more playing time (which is why a guy like Malcolm Butler can play himself into a key role as a UDFA on a SB team). It's not usual for a Patriots team to take a DB in round 1 but they also tended to be picking in the bottom of the draft after the top guys were gone.

32 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

#8 is a pretty high price to me even though he's a very good player. My understanding is that the Patriots prefer to have veteran guys as the starters in the secondary but obviously let play dictate more playing time (which is why a guy like Malcolm Butler can play himself into a key role as a UDFA on a SB team). It's not usual for a Patriots team to take a DB in round 1 but they also tended to be picking in the bottom of the draft after the top guys were gone.

34 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

How many guys would you have above Ramsey in this draft roughly

10 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

How many guys would you have above Ramsey in this draft roughly

There would only be a handful of guys in that neighbourhood but even so, the Jaguars have proven themselves that an elite CB isn't going to win a SB alone. So I would be on board with a 1st and 3rd. Anything more than that and you're starting to go down the path that a bad team goes down.

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

There would only be a handful of guys in that neighbourhood but even so, the Jaguars have proven themselves that an elite CB isn't going to win a SB alone. So I would be on board with a 1st and 3rd. Anything more than that and you're starting to go down the path that a bad team goes down.

That team Jacksonville was very close to a sb and you could say the secondary was the reason they were in position in the first place.. they made Campbell look ten yrs younger

Pats have Gilmore and were aggressive 

You could argue slay is our Gilmore Coleman is our mccourtny (How ever the hell you spell it) but I see ne as a tad better there.. 

Slay and Ramsey would make teams basically one dimensional imo

Just now, Rockcity2 said:

That team Jacksonville was very close to a sb and you could say the secondary was the reason they were in position in the first place.. they made Campbell look ten yrs younger

Pats have Gilmore and were aggressive 

You could argue slay is our Gilmore Coleman is our mccourtny (How ever the hell you spell it) but I see ne as a tad better there.. 

Slay and Ramsey would make teams basically one dimensional imo

Do you feel the same way about PP? Because I do agree that Ramsey is a pipe dream unless he becomes too much for the Jags (wants to get paid, doesn't like Foles at QB, isn't a fan of the offensive weapons, etc.).

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Do you feel the same way about PP? Because I do agree that Ramsey is a pipe dream unless he becomes too much for the Jags (wants to get paid, doesn't like Foles at QB, isn't a fan of the offensive weapons, etc.).

Not for number 8

5 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Your willing to take white is he in that handful?

I'm not done trying to figure out White. His highlights are great. His stats are very good. His measurables are as good as any. Watching some games he seems to get swallowed up by blockers. It could just have been the games (I think I watched cut ups of two games) I saw but it did leave me scratching my head. If he's what everything lines up to be and we are staying at 8, I think I'd rather take him and upgrade our LB corp. If we trade down, then I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing an OL if Williams or Taylor are there and BPA.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm not done trying to figure out White. His highlights are great. His stats are very good. His measurables are as good as any. Watching some games he seems to get swallowed up by blockers. It could just have been the games (I think I watched cut ups of two games) I saw but it did leave me scratching my head. If he's what everything lines up to be and we are staying at 8, I think I'd rather take him and upgrade our LB corp. If we trade down, then I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing an OL if Williams or Taylor are there and BPA.

can you post footage? cause i feel your definition of swallowed up is like two plays where he is double teamed and/or trips on his shoelace and falls down....lmao...this guy is a freak...and will wreck someone like Q.Nelson on Sunday...(yeah I know later in the game Nelson will probably wreck him..)

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Kinda have to chalk some it to his experience imo

I'm for trading down but I'd really want something 

5 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

can you post footage? cause i feel your definition of swallowed up is like two plays where he is double teamed and/or trips on his shoelace and falls down....lmao...this guy is a freak...and will wreck someone like Q.Nelson on Sunday...(yeah I know later in the game Nelson will probably wreck him..)

0:51 (?) > Gets manhandled by #77 and the RB makes a big play. 1:06, gets tied up with a blocker and there's a big play. TE #89 has him wrapped up for a big play by the RB. He's being double teamed at about 1:56?

5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

0:51 (?) > Gets manhandled by #77 and the RB makes a big play. 1:06, gets tied up with a blocker and there's a big play. TE #89 has him wrapped up for a big play by the RB. He's being double teamed at about 1:56?

omg he shot the wrong gap....oncee....not manhandled...he literally pushed him where he waas going...play ation thats a sack..inside run thats a loss....he guessed and lost...easily fixed by waatching film..

Archived