Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

6 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

What do you like about him? Serious question too. 

These last two signings are why I think other people can run the Lions better. These dudes are completely average. You don't sign them NOW. They'd of been around after the draft, BOTH of them. Like damnit. Lions pass up oppertunitty on good players every year to sign Cornelius Washington, the dude from Seattle last year, Wiggins, Akeem Spence, now we've got that guy from the Saints that can't buy a flag from a ref and the super-duper back up from the Rams that averages less than 3 carries per game. 

For a little reference maybe... People don't like Zach Zenner but when given the chance he's played better and done more than Malcolm Brown, so what gives here? 

Should of took a flier on our boy WR Chris Hogan and RB TJ Yeldon vs these junk signings. I hope rookies come in and get them cut. 

Malcolm Brown will be a really good signing. I think it will turn out to be an underrated move. Hogan or Yeldon are just as average as these other moves.

I get the skepticism though based on the last 50 years of decision making for this franchise 

10 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

All catfishing aside this guy just hasn’t worked out at the NFL level. Deep depth/special teams.

PFF had him graded at a 80.0 in 2018 and a 70 in 2017.

PFF Grades for Manti (2018) Defense - 80.4 Run Defense - 79.8 Coverage - 72.1

PFF Grades for Jarrad Davis (2018) Defense - 51.4 Run Defense - 33.7 Coverage - 64.5

PFF Grades for Devon Kennard (2018) Defense - 62.2 Run Def - 71.1 Pass Rush - 50 Coverage - 66.9

(^I found this on Reddit)

10 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

Malcolm Brown will be a really good signing. I think it will turn out to be an underrated move. Hogan or Yeldon are just as average as these other moves.

I get the skepticism though based on the last 50 years of decision making for this franchise 

What are your thoughts on this: Lions bring in Te'o (assuming they sign him) to replace Christian Jones this season. Draft Devin White at #8 and then have Jarrad Davis replacing Kennard at SLB. Davis is near the tops in QB pressures but still struggled a bit in coverage. White is a sideline to sideline guy that is a better coverage LB than Davis. I've seen different things about potentially replacing Kennard next season.

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

What are your thoughts on this: Lions bring in Te'o (assuming they sign him) to replace Christian Jones this season. Draft Devin White at #8 and then have Jarrad Davis replacing Kennard at SLB. Davis is near the tops in QB pressures but still struggled a bit in coverage. White is a sideline to sideline guy that is a better coverage LB than Davis. I've seen different things about potentially replacing Kennard next season.

Kenard did some really good things for us so I don't get the "need" to replace him.  Christian Jones may not be flashy but he quietly had a solid season.  I am not sure Te'o is an upgrade to any of our starters.  Check out his stats here:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TeoxMa00.htm

He would be a depth/special teams signing in my opinion

11 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Kenard did some really good things for us so I don't get the "need" to replace him.  Christian Jones may not be flashy but he quietly had a solid season.  I am not sure Te'o is an upgrade to any of our starters.  Check out his stats here:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TeoxMa00.htm

He would be a depth/special teams signing in my opinion

I was listening to the POD podcast and the guy that used to run the Lions' PFF twitter account commented about the structuring of the contracts. He was suggesting that it looks like the team is trying to keep cap space in the current year for a big trade (maybe Patrick Peterson?). Jones would open up $3.3M in cap space with a $875k cap hit.

Te'o was injured and only played in 5 games last year. If you average out his stats from 2017-2018 and project him with a full season (16 games, starting 11), his numbers aren't far off from Christian Jones'. Te'o is a year younger and had a $2.8M cap hit vs CJ with a $4.1M cap hit. He has struggled with injuries over his career but he could add some depth and allows the team flexibility.

5 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Just signed Logan Thomas 

Beat me to it. Just saw on BR app. He's another guy... it wouldn't be shocking if he isn't on the roster in September. Has some tools to work with but hasn't really done much in the league either.

Dennard is re-signing with CIncy

5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Beat me to it. Just saw on BR app. He's another guy... it wouldn't be shocking if he isn't on the roster in September. Has some tools to work with but hasn't really done much in the league either.

Dennard is re-signing with CIncy

Logan Thomas=#1 TE for the Lions in 2018.  LOL

14 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

PFF had him graded at a 80.0 in 2018 and a 70 in 2017.

PFF Grades for Manti (2018) Defense - 80.4 Run Defense - 79.8 Coverage - 72.1

PFF Grades for Jarrad Davis (2018) Defense - 51.4 Run Defense - 33.7 Coverage - 64.5

PFF Grades for Devon Kennard (2018) Defense - 62.2 Run Def - 71.1 Pass Rush - 50 Coverage - 66.9

(^I found this on Reddit)

Who cares? He was on a team playing with the lead most of the time vs the lions who... yeah. Were making pretend 4th quarter come backs. Both years...

Idk, dude isnt' good, Christain Jones isn't good. On top of the catfish. Common, wtf are you doing? 

Archived