Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

Guys I'm so happy. I'm NEVER a koolaid drinker but these have been the kind of moves desperately needed. Our defense alone has leaped into some serious territory already, and hopefully we hit it again at #8. Ammendola (I've never spelled that right) has always been a favorite player of mine. Maybe a bit pricey but if he can stay healthy will be huge for us underneath. Jesse James, could be exactly what we need, we'll see on that one. Today could be the turning point boys. I know we've thought that before but the pure solid talent added in positions of need, this has been one of the most refreshing days I've ever had as a Detroit Lions fan. Fingers crossed....

The moves they have made so far really helps their draft strategy as they will rely less on need than before. I mean, sure, they still have needs but they are not as pressing after signing Coleman, Flowers, and James. Also makes it more palatable to trade down for the right deal since this draft is fairly deep, defensively at least.

Anyone hear anything about any FA running back additions? CJ Anderson seems like he would be a good fit (though I have no idea what kind of money he would want). Also, I believe there will be a backup QB position open too. Grab a journeyman or get someone in the draft?

Seems like today was a pretty good day overall for the Lions.

Archived