Possible Trade-Back Scenarios

Just Want A Title

13 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

we cant afford to make Xavien Howard the highest paid CB in the league though..

I think we can figure something out. There’s a ton of ways to structure deals. Who know maybe even top 3 CB money. Or we play him this year and tag him the next two. Plenty of options. 

13 hours ago, detroitroar said:

Well we disagree on 3 teams.

I think Oakland and Tampa could be eyeing QB's. 

I don't think Denver is in a rush to draft one.

Oakland does have Carr but Gruden has been rumoured to be interested in Murray and they have a lot of draft capital. I don't think Tampa is in a position to make that move, Winston is still a decent QB. I think the Bucs could be looking towards the QB class next year if they wanted to move on from Jameis.

Flacco is a stopgap. I don't think that the Broncos will be aggressive in moving up, but I wouldn't be shocked if they took Lock at #10 if he's sitting there.

12 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I think we can figure something out. There’s a ton of ways to structure deals. Who know maybe even top 3 CB money. Or we play him this year and tag him the next two. Plenty of options. 

I mean it is possible to restructure but I meant they cant trade for him give him a huge contract, along with slays and colemans huge contracts. That's a lot of money tied up to CB

• 4 weeks later...

I saw on BR that there's essentially a handshake agreement where Detroit would trade back with Atlanta assuming their targeted player is on the board. I would want us to get a 2nd out of this but I feel like we'd wind up with #14, 3rd round and 5th round... maybe we'd get a future 2nd or 3rd instead of the 5th but I doubt it.

42 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I saw on BR that there's essentially a handshake agreement where Detroit would trade back with Atlanta assuming their targeted player is on the board. I would want us to get a 2nd out of this but I feel like we'd wind up with #14, 3rd round and 5th round... maybe we'd get a future 2nd or 3rd instead of the 5th but I doubt it.

Ya gotta get something bigger than a 3rd

3 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Ya gotta get something bigger than a 3rd

1 hour ago, detroitroar said:

I agree. 

That's a prime area.

I'd be fine giving up a 3rd or 4th next year if we could get their 2nd this year.

If you look at the trade value chart, #8 is 1400 pts while #14 is 1100 pts. The Falcons 2nd round pick is worth like 450 points alone. Depending on how close you'd want to stay to that, 

Trying to get an idea, found this one:

• Rams get #8 (Tavon Austin) and #71 (TJ MacDonald) 
  • Bills get #16 (EJ Manuel), #46 (Kiko Alonso), #78 (Marquise Goodwin), #222 (Chris Gragg)
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If you look at the trade value chart, #8 is 1400 pts while #14 is 1100 pts. The Falcons 2nd round pick is worth like 450 points alone. Depending on how close you'd want to stay to that, 

Trying to get an idea, found this one:

• Rams get #8 (Tavon Austin) and #71 (TJ MacDonald) 
  • Bills get #16 (EJ Manuel), #46 (Kiko Alonso), #78 (Marquise Goodwin), #222 (Chris Gragg)

What is atlanta wanting

1 hour ago, Rockcity2 said:

What is atlanta wanting

If we go this route, it could look like:

• Atlanta gets #8, #111
  • Lions get #14, #45, #117, 2020 6th

Lions get an extra 2nd and a 2020 6th (to replace what we gave up for Eli Harold in the SF trade) while swapping 4th round picks.

20 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If we go this route, it could look like:

• Atlanta gets #8, #111
  • Lions get #14, #45, #117, 2020 6th

Lions get an extra 2nd and a 2020 6th (to replace what we gave up for Eli Harold in the SF trade) while swapping 4th round picks.

I mean player

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Ed Oliver could be the guy. If they want to re-sign Jarrett, then they might be looking at Sweat in place of Vic Beasley.

Idk I think I'd sit tight there still be pretty good dts available 

Sweat guess maybe 

My first thought was ol or tj

Miami just makes more sense iyam and if the lions know what atl is after well we would be on pick ahead of them lol

I just really want Howard.....

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, Just Want A Title said:

This draft is deep at DE, TE, WR and OG.  The good news is the strength of the draft mirrors the Lion's biggest needs.  That being said, I think it would be awesome if we could get extra picks in the second and third round.  Do you see any realistic scenarios where that could happen?  The way I see it, if someone trades up it will be for Andre Dillard, Jawaan Taylor or Drew Lock.  They might trade up for what they consider to be an elite D-Lineman if they really man-crush on a prospect.  Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Philadelphia and New England have two second round picks.  Cleveland, Jacksonville, New England and Washington have two third round picks.  Compensatory picks can be traded now so this might make things really interesting.

I could see Cleveland or Houston moving up for O-line help.  Indianapolis might be willing to move up if they think there is a guy that will push them to a Super Bowl.  What trade scenarios do you think are feasible?

CB and S 2nd and 3rd in depth in this draft fwiw. OG and DE are  more so solid than great. WR dominates of course.