Possible Trade-Back Scenarios

Just Want A Title

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Bill Bellichick is the greatest football mind in NFL history.

Not just the game but all the intangibles.

He knows how to select individuals that mentally and emotionally click.

Each year he fields a competent team that plays for each other. 

Everyone talks about communication but he seems to have the ability to communicate so his audience comprehends. 

I hate the Patriots but I have to give him his due. 

100%

21 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

god i am so glad Rockcity and Karnage aren't in charge of anything to do with this team lmao....they would be shipped to London or Mexico in no time....lmao at the Antonio Brown comment...I'd rather Pettis off the 49ers haha....shoot even Ryan Switzer...not some little guy with big numbers off a sweet offense....aand hes old...and hes overpaid...and he is a drama king...im good just based off the drama king...only Calvin was worth paying tht much...ONLY cause he wass drafted here and it was like  a family bond....gotta pay your legends...or the fans would hate them...

Can't read? No one wanted brown 

11 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

seemed like you did. maybe not. 

Neither @Rockcity2 or I wanted Brown. Hunt = calculated risk worth exploring depending on your philosophy of troubled players. Brown is a huge swing by a team (Raiders) that are trying to get some mojo and excite a fanbase. If the AB deal blows up, it's a huge deal and a setback for the team. The only reason it isn't as bad as it could be was because of the draft pick compensation.

On 2019-04-21 at 8:53 AM, Karnage84 said:

Neither @Rockcity2 or I wanted Brown. Hunt = calculated risk worth exploring depending on your philosophy of troubled players. Brown is a huge swing by a team (Raiders) that are trying to get some mojo and excite a fanbase. If the AB deal blows up, it's a huge deal and a setback for the team. The only reason it isn't as bad as it could be was because of the draft pick compensation.

Vegas baby ya!

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 8:49 AM, diehardlionfan said:

Bill Bellichick is the greatest football mind in NFL history.

Not just the game but all the intangibles.

He knows how to select individuals that mentally and emotionally click.

Each year he fields a competent team that plays for each other. 

Everyone talks about communication but he seems to have the ability to communicate so his audience comprehends. 

I hate the Patriots but I have to give him his due. 

i love the Patriots. for the very reasons you list.

good luck this year, Lion fans. c'mon, get better, and challenge the routine of the NFC North.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

I think this 1st round is going to be one of the most exciting in recent memory.

I'm not sure that'll be the case, considering how many offensive linemen will be selected.  Chicks dig the skill-position players and let's face it, this class of skill-position players (i.e. QBs, RBs, WRs) sucks.  This is the draft for hardcore football fans, because there will be lots of linemen selected in the first round, offensive and defensive.  

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i love the Patriots. for the very reasons you list.

good luck this year, Lion fans. c'mon, get better, and challenge the routine of the NFC North.

Let's get the Packers to finish last for the first time in 14 years (and for only the 2nd time in 30 years)!

Edited by swede700

57 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm not sure that'll be the case, considering how many offensive linemen will be selected.  Chicks dig the skill-position players and let's face it, this class of skill-position players (i.e. QBs, RBs, WRs) sucks.  This is the draft for hardcore football fans, because there will be lots of linemen selected in the first round, offensive and defensive.  

I don't see a lot of olinemen going at all.

I think there's gonna end up being some surprising trades too.

27 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

I see at least 5-7 offensive linemen going in the 1st round...and just as many, if not more, defensive linemen.  Half of the first round will be linemen.  

2 hours ago, detroitroar said:

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I see at least 5-7 offensive linemen going in the 1st round...and just as many, if not more, defensive linemen.  Half of the first round will be linemen.  

I have to say that I think I agree with @swede700. There's expected to be 1-2 WR's in round 1; maybe 1 RB (Josh Jacobs) and that's a maybe; Two TE's could wind up going.

Even with the defensive skill positions, they're top heavy. White and Bush lead a not that great group of LB's; there's a bunch of 2nd - 3rd round quality corners but I don't love the 'top' of the group. The defensive line is the strongest position group in the whole class by a long shot. There's some decent OL and many teams need help at the position.

If I had to bet, with the number of OL pegged at 5.5 (an arbitrary number - Cody Ford with Penny Hart strapped to his chest like the baby in The Hangover) -  I'd have to take the over.

• Like 1