Pro Day Results

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:
Holyfield even slower at pro day

I don't know what to make of Holyfield. I almost never care about testing, but it's so bad that it really forces me to take pause. On one hand, I love his film against SEC teams. On the other hand, there are OLs and DTs who cover 40 yards faster than he does. I'm actually conflicted here. I think I'd stay away until the end of the 7th or UDFA.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

This whole RB class is a bunch of BenJarvius Green-Ellis...

I still like Josh Jacobs a lot, crappy 40 and broad jump aside. His vert was good and he supposedly looked great in field work.

Also love Darrell Henderson in a 2 back committee getting around 200 carries once he learns to handle some blitz pickup.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I saw video of his 3 cone and apparently his cleats were bad or the surface was super slick or something.  Apparently he had fallen 7-8 times when running the cone drill and towards the end he just wanted to post a time (so he was rounding corners so he didn't slip) hence the time.  I think he's worth a visit just to get a time in a better scenario (indoors, dry, with the right shoes, etc.)

Really interesting. Could you find the video? I'd like to share it.

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Holyfield is going to be a bully at FB

Fullback is so different than RB. It's essentially playing the role of a pulling guard. It's a crazy projection to try and make honestly. I always see people wanting to take a big runningback and just turn them into a fullback. It doesn't work that way. I think Holyfield will find success as a true RB for someone. His times make me want to puke and then cry about it afterwards, but I still have some faith in the kid.

• Like 2

Marvel Tell 4.57 40 yard dash at USC pro day. I thought his field work at the combine was some of the best. His footwork was super clean. Would love him in the 5th round if he slid that far. At CB or S.

Porter Gustin looked really good in drills. Hard to tell how bendy a guy is in these drills, but his start/stop ability was impressive. He was the DE equivalent of Trysten Hill as far as how easy he can transition his momentum from forward to backward, and side to side.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Marvel Tell 4.57 40 yard dash at USC pro day. I thought his field work at the combine was some of the best. His footwork was super clean. Would love him in the 5th round if he slid that far. At CB or S.

Porter Gustin looked really good in drills. Hard to tell how bendy a guy is in these drills, but his start/stop ability was impressive. He was the DE equivalent of Trysten Hill as far as how easy he can transition his momentum from forward to backward, and side to side.

I like both of these guys. Tell will start at S in the league and Gustin will end up a fringe starter at worst. He's got all kinds of tools and is physically built like a machine. 

Tell has excellent instincts in coverage and when I watched USC he appeared to be their best defensive player. For the past 2 seasons.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I like both of these guys. Tell will start at S in the league and Gustin will end up a fringe starter at worst. He's got all kinds of tools and is physically built like a machine. 

Tell has excellent instincts in coverage and when I watched USC he appeared to be their best defensive player. For the past 2 seasons.

Tell was our best defensive player the last two seasons along with Cam Smith and Biggie. Tell got better each and every year he was at SC despite subpar coaching. I truly think his best football is ahead of him and will have no problem outplaying his draft position. 

I think 3-5 years down the road we’ll look back at this USC defensive draft class (Tell, Marshall, Smith, and Gusting) and wonder why (*cough Clay Helton *cough) they weren’t a better squad then they showed.