Pro Day Results

goldfishwars

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nah, I'm taking Adderley and CGJ over him. Adderley is the best, and it's not even close imo.

Adderley if he indeed has 4.3 speed that is really impressive just wish he could have worked out more at the combine honestly.  CGJ is damn good and has been for awhile, amazing play especially in that bowl game just wish he played like that his entire career, awesome range he showed against Florida though but that was arguably the best game of his career.  Was moved around and has some corner skills as well which is very impressive for a safety.  

I think Rapp did a lot that did not always show up in the stats, he is very firm and solid in coverage with great technique and fundamental play, he is really smooth back there.  If he timed better it would not be a question but sure with a time like that one can question him.  I think after that freshman year teams avoided him a lot and attacked other DBs on that roster I feel.  

54 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Haven't watched Adderley yet. Can he play SS? Sounds like he's a FS/CB all the way from what I've read.

FS/CB

But what a FS he'll be. Has Earl Thomas/Eric Weddle type ability.

2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

I'm pretty sure I've read or heard he's hit and miss at FS.. which is why some teams view him more as a CB.

He bites on misdirection and play fakes too easily, but that can be coached out of him. You can't coach his athleticism, ball-skills, instincts, intelligence, range, and physicality. He's a small dude, but he'll hit you. He'll fill the alley.

Yosuah Nijman VT OL 6-7 324 ran a 4.83 40 and would have been #1 out of all OL at the combine, impressive for a massive dude and had a solid 27 reps at 225 at the combine for a long arm guy.

KaVontae Turpin 5-7 158 WR TCU, great 40 time at 4.31.  Not a huge surprise but his off the field stuff this past season with domestic issues might really drop him in the draft.

Chris Westry 6-4 199 CB Kentucky put up a crazy impressive 4.31 40.  Sadly he did not even start the entire season for Kentucky, but they had a lot of veteran DBs that is for sure.  Still damn interesting and wow what a time for a taller corner.  

Darrin Hall RB Pitt 5-11 217 ran a solid 4.42 40 and would have been 2nd among all RBs at the combine.  Great time for a big back like him and did an impressive 27 reps at 225.  Should be a solid mid round pick and could sneak into the 3rd round.

Tyre McCants 5-11 232 WR USF, a solid 4.51 40 time, little disappointing 18 reps, thought he would do more but kid has an interesting size and could be a solid HB or RB type or a nasty slot WR with that strength.

Ed Oliver 6-1 281 DT Houston ran a 4.73 40 which was good, thought his cone would be better though.  Not bad but did expect a little more out of him athletically, Aaron Donald surprisingly weighted more at his combine at 285 and ran a faster 40 and put up a crazy 35 bench at 225.

George Aston 6-0 240 FB Pitt ran a 4.66 40 which is not bad and had a good 29 reps at 225.  Tough kid and hopefully he can get on with the right team and make a roster at a some what dying position.

Odell Miller TE/OL Western Michigan, 6-3 301, ran 5.02 40 which is nothing great but is a TE/HB all his time at Western Michigan.  Could be a fine convert prospect to OT with some work and time could be a decent player, or worst case a solid blocking TE which is what he already is to some degree.  Could be a nice UDFA pickup, not sure if he put that weight on recently because I thought he played more at 265 or 275 in college

2 hours ago, reamer said:

That will help his case!

That is impressive, I have had JJ as a late 1st rounder all season.  Was a little disappointed in his height, I thought he would be taller than 6-2.  Still really like his run after the catch ability and overall catch radius.  

Not a great vert for JJ

Here were the Stanford pro day numbers: 

Player Position Height Weight Off. 40 Time Unoff. 40 Time 10-Yd Split Bench 3-cone Vert Broad Hand Arm
J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
WR
6-2
--
--
--
--
9-10
--
--
Joey Alfieri
LB
6-2
--
--
--
9-10
--
--
Isaiah Brandt-Sims
WR
5-10
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
Bobby Okereke
LB
6-1
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
Brandon Fanaika
G
6-3
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
Jesse Burkett
C
6-4
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
A.T. Hall
OT
6-5
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
Keller Chryst
QB
6-5
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
-

On 4/3/2019 at 8:07 PM, jrry32 said:

He bites on misdirection and play fakes too easily, but that can be coached out of him. You can't coach his athleticism, ball-skills, instincts, intelligence, range, and physicality. He's a small dude, but he'll hit you. He'll fill the alley.

You cited intelligence and instincts but noted he bites on play fakes and misdirection too easy. 

Which one is it? Because both of those are traits that cause you not to bite on play fakes and misdirection. 

23 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bro, grab your popcorn, he's a throwback with a new aged skillset

Just watched a few games. Wow...that dude can freaking play. He has elite ball skills, shows the willingness to tackle, and covers distance as good as any DB you'll ever find. I also love his mentality. He seems like a junkyard dog. I know he's playing against bums for the most part, but man does he stand out.

He is now my leader in the clubhouse for our (CLE) 2nd round pick, but I have a hard time he'll be around by then. Might end up being my #1 ranked S...I'll have to watch more!

Oh, and how he'd fit in Cleveland? I think he'd be our #2 CB opposite Denzel Ward. We run a lot of zone which would benefit his play style.

Archived