Pro Day Results

goldfishwars

53 minutes ago, Nuclear So & So said:

I saw 5.03 unofficial on his 40 from the Buffalo Student Newspaper Reporter. I have to imagine he pulled something, because that is...not great.

Nah, that wouldn't be surprising. Limited athlete for sure. He just has tremendous instincts.

42 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

You know he's a quarterback right

Yeah, that hasn't gotten lost on me. Thanks! 

When one of his biggest criticisms was his height, you'd think he'd take every opportunity to prove people wrong, right? When arguably his biggest asset is his speed then he looks to have bulked up, you'd want to show people you have that speed, right? Well, he's 0-2. I understand he can throw a football against defenses that resemble high school kids, I get it. The other stuff is kinda important though. Not for a traditional QB, no, but for the smaller, athletic QB? Yep.

Murray height truthers are the most bizarre thing I have seen in a draft process.  I kind of hope he refused to be measured just because "people believe he somehow scammed the combine height measuring process that is administered in the same way, with the same tools, by largely the same people for all the combine guys" is amusing to him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Murray height truthers are the most bizarre thing I have seen in a draft process.  I kind of hope he refused to be measured just because "people believe he somehow scammed the combine height measuring process that is administered in the same way, with the same tools, by largely the same people for all the combine guys" is amusing to him.

If you're 6'2" or above, I couldn't care less what your height is measured at. When you're going into the NFL, where short QBs aren't very successful, and you're arguably going to be the smallest QB out there, wouldn't you want to take advantage of every opportunity to prove people wrong? Not only that, it literally take NOTHING to measure someone. "Hey you, stand still for 10 seconds". I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I don't think he had stuff in his socks like some do but still, prove em wrong every chance to get especially something that takes 0 time and 0 effort. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

If you're 6'2" or above, I couldn't care less what your height is measured at. When you're going into the NFL, where short QBs aren't very successful, and you're arguably going to be the smallest QB out there, wouldn't you want to take advantage of every opportunity to prove people wrong? Not only that, it literally take NOTHING to measure someone. "Hey you, stand still for 10 seconds". I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I don't think he had stuff in his socks like some do but still, prove em wrong every chance to get especially something that takes 0 time and 0 effort. 

No, out of principal i would not measure again.

I would not give the idiots any credence, he measured at the combine it's done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandomCampBody said:

No, out of principal i would not measure again.

I would not give the idiots any credence, he measured at the combine it's done.

Then you're going to continue to have people question you. That's all there is to it. Sometimes it's best to put your pride aside and prove people wrong as often as you can.

• Like 1

So you measure at the combine, and you measure at the pro day, and then you measure at every team visit, and hell maybe they measure you at the draft before the first team is on the clock just to make sure.  What is accomplished by all of this?  A few eighths of an inch isn't liable to change anybody's mind and if one data point suggests Murray is 4'10" or 6'11" something has gone wrong with that measurement.

We know how tall he is, it's definitely short by NFL standards, but trying to force him above or below certain thresholds by repeated measurement is just foolishness.  If we don't trust the tape measure at the combine, why even measure at the combine?

On 3/7/2019 at 4:41 PM, Ozzy said:

There are a lot of guys who really have a lot to prove at the pro day.  

Bryce Love - very curious how he times, should have a blazing 40 but will see if he even works out

Chase Hansen - Disappointed he did not perform, kid is a standout athlete for a linebacker I feel

Nasir Adderley - blazing speed potentially, but I would be disappointed if it is not in the 4.3 range, could be a 1st rounder if it is.

Rodney Anderson - speed again is key and how he looks off the injury

Deionte Thompson - speed could be a huge need for him to prove

Greg Dortch - again has burner speed can he show it

CJ Conrad - hopefully his health issues that got him kicked out of the combine are not long term

Kendall Sheffield - apparently a burner, will see

Taylor Rapp - fine athlete, great quickness now can he show a good 40 if so is a 1st rounder

Mack Wilson - not sure he is as athletic as some think

JJ Arcega-Whiteside - big guy, disappointed by his size though honestly, see how he runs

Didn't he just have an ACL repaired?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Then you're going to continue to have people question you. That's all there is to it. Sometimes it's best to put your pride aside and prove people wrong as often as you can.

So these people who don't believe his measurements are just gonna take the people's word measuring at his pro day? That seems unreasonable. 

That first time he used his magical powers to measure in at 5'10''. Lucky for us, those are one use magical powers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Those people will question him no matter what. The best way to handle it is to live his life and not care. A fraction of an inch won't determine his success or failure in the NFL.