Pro Day Results

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

You're the one saying a narrative is busted by listing 3 QBs, champ. Not me. Feel free to not change the subject...... Love on the Graham Harrell signed football you got there

Three top young QBs, who were each drafted in past three years, all played in a system you're trying to argue is majorly problematic for Murray's NFL future. QB1 threw for 4000+ yards, 30+ TDs, a 100+ passer rating, and led his team to the Super Bowl (but lost). QB2 had one of the best seasons ever and won NFL MVP. QB3 had a great rookie year and broke the rookie passing TD record. Yes, the narrative is busted. Move onto something else. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

You listed a 3 whole QBs who succeeded in the NFL (some for only one year). Great. Now list those who came from those offenses, put up massive numbers, and failed. Looking forward to which list is longer.

A QB-failure list is always going to be longer than the list of QB-successes, no matter which parameters you add. 

• Like 4

Just now, jrry32 said:

Three top young QBs, who were each drafted in past three years, all played in a system you're trying to argue is majorly problematic for Murray's NFL future. QB1 threw for 4000+ yards, 30+ TDs, a 100+ passer rating, and led his team to the Super Bowl (but lost). QB2 had one of the best seasons ever and won NFL MVP. QB3 had a great rookie year and broke the rookie passing TD record. Yes, the narrative is busted. Move onto something else. 

Listing the exception to the rule = "narrative busted". Good to know! I'll make sure to remember this when you're discussion things. How your signed Paxton Lynch jersey doing?

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

A QB-failure list is always going to be longer than the list of QB-successes, no matter which parameters you add. 

Correct. I'm not suggesting a narrative is busted though. You can't say something isn't a valid claim and list a small sample size from a large sample as evidence to support it.

3 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Listing the exception to the rule = "narrative busted". Good to know! I'll make sure to remember this when you're discussion things. How your signed Paxton Lynch jersey doing?

Paxton Lynch didn't play in an Air Raid offense. And three QBs in three years aren't "exceptions to the rule." They're proof there is no rule. You have to prove a rule to have a rule. You can't do that.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Here's where we go our separate ways, fellas. Y'all enjoy thinking exception > rule and I will not. Nothing else will get accomplished here. 

Good day!

Well, you can continue being wrong. If the internet has taught me something, it's that most people lack the self-awareness and humility to recognize when they're wrong.

5 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Correct. I'm not suggesting a narrative is busted though. You can't say something isn't a valid claim and list a small sample size from a large sample as evidence to support it.

But the proof for the narrative can’t be that the total failures>the total successes, because there will always be more failures than successes - for any specification.

QBs with cannon arms generally fail too. So do ones that can run a 4.4, or the ones coming out of [insert whichever college offense you deem most complex]. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, you can continue being wrong. If the internet has taught me something, it's that most people lack the self-awareness and humility to recognize when they're wrong.

Did you miss the part about nothing is going to get accomplished? Seems like you just like picking and choosing what you want that fits the narrative you want. That has been true over the course of this discussion, multiple times. You purposely ignored words written write in front of you to say it meant something else. How can anyone debate that? It's beyond stupid.

Take care now!! Go ahead and get that last word in b/c I'm exiting the thread :) 

3 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Did you miss the part about nothing is going to get accomplished? Seems like you just like picking and choosing what you want that fits the narrative you want. That has been true over the course of this discussion, multiple times. You purposely ignored words written write in front of you to say it meant something else. How can anyone debate that? It's beyond stupid.

Take care now!! Go ahead and get that last word in b/c I'm exiting the thread :) 

Good. Exit the thread. I heard the same argument you're making now used against Goff, Mahomes, and Mayfield. You'd think at some point, people would chalk it up to a loser of an argument. You haven't established a rule, and the most recent evidence strongly disproves your claims. You seem desperate to discredit Murray. If you don't like the kid, find a legitimate reason. There are plenty.

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Soooo... are we going to be seeing some pro day results in here or is this just the "let's argue about Kyler Murray thread"?

I'm interested in Rodney Anderson's results

Anderson and Brown DNP

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Vrabel personally working out Christian Wilkins. Go ahead and slot him to the Titans in your mocks.

If he makes it to 19, that is.

Vrabel, Robinson, and Kerry Coombs (DB coach) were all at Vandy's Pro Day, so it seems they're really interested in Joejuan Williams in the later rounds as well.