Pro Day Results

goldfishwars

27 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Dang.  Someone who follows Penn State more than me needs to tell me about Johnathan Thomas.

One of those guys who is very athletically gifted, just couldn't ever translate that with pads on.

For those who like projecting UDFAs to make a roster, keep an eye on Nick Scott.

Deandre Thompkins is another guy who if he can get his concentration down (had too many bad drops) could be an asset to a team after the draft, especially since he's got return game skills.

Edited by smokeybandit

On 3/16/2019 at 11:49 AM, goldfishwars said:

Man, I was expecting too much athletically from him but this is undraftable awful from Khalil Hodge

It's tough because it was obvious that he was a limited athlete, but that's really bad. However, it's also hard to ignore how strong his instincts and play recognition skills are. I'd still take him late on Day 3.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BucShot said:

Jacobs has a lot to like, but he shouldn't go in the 1st round. He could be one of those 2nd round RBs who surprise though.

Even before his 40 time, I wouldn't have been shocked to see him fall to 39 to the Bucs or 40 to the Bills in the 2nd Round.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2019 at 10:42 AM, JTagg7754 said:

If you're 6'2" or above, I couldn't care less what your height is measured at. When you're going into the NFL, where short QBs aren't very successful, and you're arguably going to be the smallest QB out there, wouldn't you want to take advantage of every opportunity to prove people wrong? Not only that, it literally take NOTHING to measure someone. "Hey you, stand still for 10 seconds". I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I don't think he had stuff in his socks like some do but still, prove em wrong every chance to get especially something that takes 0 time and 0 effort. 

This is why the whole "Kyler Murray Height" thing is so dumb though.  If you're drafting him...whether he's 5'9" and three tenths of a quarter, or 5'10" even...you're drafting by far the smallest starting QB in the NFL.  He's clearly not even close to Russell Wilson in overall size, mass, frame, etc.  And that's your "smallest QB".  But arguing over fractions of an inch at that point is kinda idiotic.  You either think the guy can succeed as a tiny little miniature QB, or you don't.  He's going to be equally tiny either way.

The only curiosity i had, was if he'd weigh in similarly before he threw, to what he weighed at his Combine.  Just wanted to know if he can even still move around and throw and do his game at that weight, or if he bulked up to try to cheese extra pounds out of it.  He put that to rest.

It really just comes down to whether or not you think he can be the smallest ever successful NFL QB or not.

19 hours ago, KellChippy said:

I think some project him to get better with more touches, but that’s risky with him playing at Bama and always having fresh legs. His versatility makes him standout a bit from other Bama rbs.  Weak rb class makes him look better too.  

Top ten in this class would be silly.  Any class for that matter

I've felt for a while, like the Jacobs >>> Harris narrative is kinda weird.  Yeah, he had a nice close-out to the season...but on tape, i don't see this same dynamic beast in Jacobs that others seem to.  And the athletic testing keeps showing that Harris is essentially the same sort of athlete, with more of a track record.  Ever since that weird mock draft came out with Jacobs in the Top-10 or whatever, it's been like this weird post-season hype train for him.  And Harris is chopped liver.  I don't think either is a Top-60 pick...but i'd take Harris over Jacobs.  Both could be good solid backs...i just like the versatility and proven production in Harris, over the "what could be" in Jacobs...considering they don't really seem to be all that different as athletes.  Both guys have good vision as runners, finish with power, can catch and run out of the backfield.

I don't dislike Jacobs...i just don't fully understand what makes him worlds apart from Harris.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I've felt for a while, like the Jacobs >>> Harris narrative is kinda weird.  Yeah, he had a nice close-out to the season...but on tape, i don't see this same dynamic beast in Jacobs that others seem to.  And the athletic testing keeps showing that Harris is essentially the same sort of athlete, with more of a track record.  Ever since that weird mock draft came out with Jacobs in the Top-10 or whatever, it's been like this weird post-season hype train for him.  And Harris is chopped liver.  I don't think either is a Top-60 pick...but i'd take Harris over Jacobs.  Both could be good solid backs...i just like the versatility and proven production in Harris, over the "what could be" in Jacobs...considering they don't really seem to be all that different as athletes.  Both guys have good vision as runners, finish with power, can catch and run out of the backfield.

I don't dislike Jacobs...i just don't fully understand what makes him worlds apart from Harris.

This is exactly how I feel aswell. 

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:49 PM, goldfishwars said:

Man, I was expecting too much athletically from him but this is undraftable awful from Khalil Hodge

All it takes is one team to believe in you, He can play in the league and I think he could be a starter. He can compensate for his lack of straight line speed by taking great angles much like he did at UB. Personally, I think he looks similar to Burfict in stature, lack of athleticism, but having elite instincts, angles, a solid tackler and being just a good football player (minus the costly bonehead plays).

There will be a GM that throws out the numbers and falls in love with his film and be willing to give him a shot

• Like 2

10 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Absolutely brutal 3 cone and shuttle times for Jaylon here

I saw video of his 3 cone and apparently his cleats were bad or the surface was super slick or something.  Apparently he had fallen 7-8 times when running the cone drill and towards the end he just wanted to post a time (so he was rounding corners so he didn't slip) hence the time.  I think he's worth a visit just to get a time in a better scenario (indoors, dry, with the right shoes, etc.)

• Like 2