Pro Day Results

goldfishwars

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

This. Why AJ Brown doesn't get more hype is beyond me. Hopefully he is available at 32.

IMO he's the top receiver in the class.  No idea why anyone would prefer Metcalf over him.  I even like him more than Deebo, and I loves me some Deebo.

On 28/03/2019 at 7:31 AM, WindyCity said:

The Montgomery 40 improvement is nice, but did he improve on his OL like 28.5" vertical?

I really worry about the lack of explosive plays being further magnified on the NFL level.

On 28/03/2019 at 10:11 AM, jrry32 said:

I'm not concerned. Explosive plays are overrated.

Yeah.  With Montgomery, his 40 time is fine.  Better would be nice, but it's plenty outside that "alarm bells" territory.  He's clearly not like, Holyfield slow.  Really just reflects the sort of back he's probably gonna be.  Gimme the guy who is going to consistently rip off 4-5 yard chunks and limit negative or stuffed plays all day, over the flashy guy who brings his average up by sprinkling in a few 60 yard "home run" explosive plays with a bunch of nothing that puts you behind schedule when it's not firing.

If you want a change of pace homerun hitter, Montgomery probably isn't your guy...but nothing he did running or jumping in the offseason was going to change that perception.  He's your bell cow who is gonna tote the rock all day and just rip bits of yardage off putting you in manageable down and distance and keeping the chains moving. Even ~4.6 is fine for what he is.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Certainly could be pretty devastating for Rapp's stock.  Doesn't play that slow on tape, but it's not a position where teams are gonna be lining up to tinker around with a guy who might have range limitations.  He'll get a chance somewhere to prove that the timed speed isn't reflective of his ability on the field...but that's gonna hurt his draft slot in the meantime.

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rapp ran more like a 42 yard dash if you watch the video. Weaving all over. 35" vert, sub 6.9 cone, sub 4.0 SS, he's a fine athlete. Not elite, but if he falls to late 2/early 3 that will be a steal for that team.

Yep. I don't think anyone who watched his film considered him to be a super rangy or fast guy. His quickness and body control are his athletic attributes that stand out, but the big selling points to him are his technical soundness (in all facets), his instincts/intangibles, and his football IQ. The guy who comes to mind to me is another former Washington safety, Lawyer Milloy.

• Like 2