Free Agency News & Rumors

RamRod

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

I mean, don't you guys have enough RB's already?  If you guys want to give up on Kerryon, by all means send him our way.  Sadly, this is likely the replacement for either Abdullah, Riddick, or both.

Not really? Brown would be the #2 in Detroit.  No one is giving up on Kerryon, he's just more of a 10-15 carry/game guy than a 15+ carry/game guy.  Lions still need a backup to help shoulder the running load.  Most teams in the NFL have all least 2 running backs that get regular carries.

Abdullah was cut during the season last year and Riddick is still the 3rd down/pass catching back.  

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Pretty much what I thought. Question becomes then what would we offer? A 6th? We know how Les loves him a 6th round pick.

The Jets want to dump the guy. Why should we want him?

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The Jets want to dump the guy. Why should we want him?

You ask that like we haven't traded for and been rewarded for taking people other teams wanted to get rid of in the past. I get it he's been a disappointment to them. Stranger things have happened though buying low of the scrap heaps.

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

You ask that like we haven't traded for and been rewarded for taking people other teams wanted to get rid of in the past. I get it he's been a disappointment to them. Stranger things have happened though buying low of the scrap heaps.

I act like Darron Lee isn't Aqib Talib. What makes you want him?

Just now, jrry32 said:

I act like Darron Lee isn't Aqib Talib. What makes you want him?

Or Mark Barron, or Austin Blythe or John Sullivan or many others. Nothing in particular I simply asked a question about a player that was being shopped at a position that we could use unless Clay is going to play there and Littleton comes back. I don't particularly want this guy. Just floating it out there in our pretty dead sub. 

7 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Or Mark Barron, or Austin Blythe or John Sullivan or many others. Nothing in particular I simply asked a question about a player that was being shopped at a position that we could use unless Clay is going to play there and Littleton comes back. I don't particularly want this guy. Just floating it out there in our pretty dead sub. 

You're not arguing my point. I didn't say, "The Rams shouldn't trade for or sign any players." I disagreed with the idea of acquiring a specific player. We let Barron go because he wasn't able to handle the physical nature of the position next to Littleton. Lee is even less physical than Barron. His selling points are his speed and coverage ability. I don't see where he solves any issues we have.

• 2 weeks later...

CJ Anderson signed with the Lions yesterday. Happy for the guy, I hope he has some success. He was great to watch the last few weeks of the year and in postseason. I have to think we are going to draft/sign/trade for another RB.

Malcolm Brown is Gurley's back up, but not the change of pace back. I think that's an important distinction to have. I've seen mocks where we take the RB from PSU in the first, which I dont see happening, but it's interesting to see that position mocked so early for us.

Also, Duke Johnson has requested a trade. We have an open line of communication with the Browns from previous dealings, I'd give a 5th or 6th for Duke.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Also, Duke Johnson has requested a trade. We have an open line of communication with the Browns from previous dealings, I'd give a 5th or 6th for Duke.

Have you seen his contract and our available cap space?

Archived