Free Agency News & Rumors

RamRod

2 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Makes sense.  I mean, hell, CJ Anderson was in the free agent pool mid-season.  This isn't some uncommon occurrence.  If something happens to Brown or Kelly, it's not like there aren't going to be guys who can take load off of Todd in the free agent pool.

2 minutes ago, Car_Ramrod said:

Sucks to lose Saffold with that money it makes sense to let him walk. 

i trust Les/McVay to find someone for Kromer to mold. I assume Noteboom will slide into his spot.

Per Les, he's getting the first crack.  We do also have Demby who's always been a developmental type but fits the Kromer mold.  Be interesting to see where he's at in his development come the preseason.

So with just the AAV numbers as part of the equation at this point, looks like we are being predicted for a pair a 4th rounders for Joyner and Saffold. But once Playing Time is factored in, Saffold could slide into the 3rd round range. Lets Hope Suh gets a high dollar 3 year deal. Plus decent deals for Westbrooks, Shields, and CJ get decent deals so we can get some decent Vets

41 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

So with just the AAV numbers as part of the equation at this point, looks like we are being predicted for a pair a 4th rounders for Joyner and Saffold. But once Playing Time is factored in, Saffold could slide into the 3rd round range. Lets Hope Suh gets a high dollar 3 year deal. Plus decent deals for Westbrooks, Shields, and CJ get decent deals so we can get some decent Vets

I wouldn't mind Shields back.  I get the feeling he may be one of those guys who we're waiting to see if he's around either closer to or after the draft (and how we come out of the draft).

Also, with this knowledge in mind.  I wouldn't put it past Les to be willing to use either our 2020 3rd or 4th as trade ammo - likely not during the draft, but possible; more likely ahead of the trade deadline next season.  Fits with the pattern.

I have no issue with Noteboom taking over.  I'm a bit suspect of Allen because he struck me as an AQ Shipley type.  Capable starter?  Likely, but also a guy who you'd forever be thinking that you could upgrade upon.  I'm assuming the team thought higher of him based upon where he was drafted.

I sort of wonder if the club doesn't sit and see if outstanding value slides to them and opts to bump that in.

One way that's almost necessary to surviving having a franchise QB and a franchise All-Pro defense on the books is having no more than 2 and preferably only 1 of your starting OL on substantial second contracts.

Archived