Free Agency News & Rumors

RamRod

16 hours ago, jrry32 said:

We were always going to wait in FA. We're not going to involve ourselves in all the money being thrown around right now. As for HB, I'm not a Yeldon guy. If we look outside of C.J., I'd look into Spencer Ware or Jordan Howard. Both are adept zone runners, and Ware is a good passing-game contributor.

I think Kiser will be the guy. He fits Wade's scheme well and is a good foil to Littleton.

I really liked Kelly as a prospect, but I'd be concerned if he were the only backup plan to Gurley. If that's the case, I hope we draft somebody on Day 3.

Apparently Bears are asking for a 3rd and no one has offered above a 5th. A 4th would get it done probably but I would not want to give that up for a year personally.

7 hours ago, RamRod said:

Don’t get too excited but we have interest in Clay Matthews

We have interest or he has interest.  We're going to be a popular spot to tie vets who get released to because we were just in the Super Bowl.

Honestly, outside of drafting someone who might fall to a "too good of value to pass on" position, the only EDGE-ish guy I'm really interested in, if he comes available and they release him for either cap-relief or because he's deemed superfluous with new signings/drafted players, is if Chris Long comes available.

Cue up the Les Mis and bring him home!

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

We have interest or he has interest.  We're going to be a popular spot to tie vets who get released to because we were just in the Super Bowl.

Honestly, outside of drafting someone who might fall to a "too good of value to pass on" position, the only EDGE-ish guy I'm really interested in, if he comes available and they release him for either cap-relief or because he's deemed superfluous with new signings/drafted players, is if Chris Long comes available.

As much as I’d love that (Chris Long was always a favorite of mine), it would hardly be considered home for him. He wasn’t with the team during the move to LA and he’s got virtually zero attachment to anyone in the organization with the exception of Brockers and Donald. 

As far as Matthews is concerned, I wouldn’t be upset with the signing assuming it was a reasonable rate. I just think that money could be better spent elsewhere, like filling our void at NT or competition at Center

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

I still want Shaq Barrett or Justin Houston if they can be had at a reasonable price.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 3

A couple of articles have been floated (Cameron DaSilva) about restructuring deals. Names mentioned were Cooks, Brockers, Haventstein, and Donald, which makes sense considering theyre the biggest annual hits outside of Gurley and Woods. I really hope we are quietly trying to restructure someone to free up space for  multiple 2nd and 3rd tier FA's. Also, I'm dumbfounded why Justin Houston has not signed yet, but my guess is his asking price is just too high. If it comes down, I hope we make a real run at him (assuming we restructure somebody)  2year $20mil with $13mil guaranteed

5 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

A couple of articles have been floated (Cameron DaSilva) about restructuring deals. Names mentioned were Cooks, Brockers, Haventstein, and Donald, which makes sense considering theyre the biggest annual hits outside of Gurley and Woods. I really hope we are quietly trying to restructure someone to free up space for  multiple 2nd and 3rd tier FA's. Also, I'm dumbfounded why Justin Houston has not signed yet, but my guess is his asking price is just too high. If it comes down, I hope we make a real run at him (assuming we restructure somebody)  2year $20mil with $13mil guaranteed

I’m actually hoping that we don’t do any restructuring, especially for the deals that were only done this past season/offseason. I don’t want to put us in cap hell in the coming years (where money is going to be tight to begin with due to Goff likely getting his money) just to free up some space this year 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

I’m actually hoping that we don’t do any restructuring, especially for the deals that were only done this past season/offseason. I don’t want to put us in cap hell in the coming years (where money is going to be tight to begin with due to Goff likely getting his money) just to free up some space this year 

I hear you. I made this comment on another thread yesterday that I'm completely okay with mortgaging our future to win next season. I think once we pay Goff that we will slip into mediocrity like other teams who finally paid their franchise QB. Since it's inevitable that we're going to give Goff $30mil a year a some point, I'm putting all my chips in on the last year of his rookie deal. That means Justin Houston or JaDaveon Clowney, trading a 1st if necessary. But that's just me. One ring is worth more than 8 years of 1st round playoff exits in my book. 

• Like 1

Saw this tweet from Downtown Rams twitter account and thought it would be worth sharing the overall message:

Giants signed Markus Golden 1year $3mil. Rams had interest in him so it gives us two indications. 1. Rams aren't done looking for EDGE players. 2. What are we willing to spend ?

Vinny dropping hints of Clay Matthews and the Rams "making too much sense."

Engh.  I think he's past it at this point, but if it facilitates kicking Ebukam inside (with Kiser being the early down ILB) on passing downs, I won't be offended or anything.

2 hours ago, RamRod said:

I’m down for this

Absolutely. I know he’s the butt end of a lot of jokes but I’d be more than comfortable having him as our backup. He’s obviously prone to mistakes but he’s also a guy who can make plays happen. I’d be curious to see the numbers, but I’d be happy with this signing. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Absolutely. I know he’s the butt end of a lot of jokes but I’d be more than comfortable having him as our backup. He’s obviously prone to mistakes but he’s also a guy who can make plays happen. I’d be curious to see the numbers, but I’d be happy with this signing. 

Definitely an upgrade over Mannion. Would have a better supporting cast here than what he was working with in Jacksonville.

• Like 3