Should Steelers sign JaDeveon Clowney?

Money

This would cost them the 20th pick and the 2020 1st rd pick. With a commitment to Ben maybe you want to take such a shot. You have Rudolph and add a 1st rd pick type talent in Tyree Jackson this year. 

6 years, 144m ($93m guaranteed)

$22.5m signing bonus

$12m roster bonus in 2020, $20m option bonus in 2021 (this is guaranteed but not really guaranteed)

Salaries: 10.5, 12.5, 13.5, 16, 17.5, 20

2019 cap hit: 16m

1st three years guaranteed salaries - $36.5m

$45m cash paid in the first 12 months of the deal

Antonio Brown to Raiders for 35th pick and 107th pick

2-35 (via OAK) - Darell Henderson RB MEMPHIS

This is a home run type player that will be dominant for about 8 seasons. He is a great compliment to Conner who will be good at churning out games after running after Henderson all night. Lightning and thunder here. It's like don't leave the draft without Henderson. You must balance out the run and pass and he changes the whole game.

2-52 - CHAUNCEY GARDNER S FLORIDA

Really swaggy. With Dillard and Deebo Samuel off the board. Go for an impact player here. Instinctive and the tools play at the next level.

3-84 - WILL HARRIS S BOSTON COLLEGE

Maybe get something in the mold of a Brian Dawkins

4-107 (via OAK) - DAVID LONG LB WVU

5'11" 227 LBs modern three down linebacker. Nasty and physical. 4.45 speed. Strong. NFL Starter.

4-123- TYREE JACKSON QB BUFFALO

Sup, Cam?

6-176 - BLAKE CASHMAN LB MINNESOTA

Modern three down LB. Snarly Big Ten type Pro Bowl type talent. He gets knocked because he's in the Big Ten and he's undersized. But he's a 4.5 type guy with the agility and instintcts. This is classic discounted draftee.

6-194 - DIONTAE JOHNSON WR TOLEDO

AB type guy right here. Nothing seemingly special about him but I really like that he catches with his hands and he has good atheltic traits at this point. Pretty good in the MAC this year. Stood out on tape.

7-215- RYQUELL ARMSTEAD RB TEMPLE

Always finds a way to get that extra yard. Does it with a different flavor than the Bus of his day. Very raw as a runner and seeing the field. But he's fast, slippery, and finds a way to break tackles and make plays.

39 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

I say no. Dude made one college splash play and parlayed that into a 1st round pick. Since then, nada.

????

This is completely untrue, but okay.    

I wouldnt give him a crazy contract, but he is a really good player and could have a huge impact with us.

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

????

This is completely untrue, but okay.    

I wouldnt give him a crazy contract, but he is a really good player and could have a huge impact with us.

I don't follow Houston much, but I remember talk of him being a bust his few few years in the league. He has certainly not lived up to the hype surrounding him being drafted.

Archived