Sign in to follow this  
cjfollett

Draft Network Rankings Mock

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

Picking only guys who are available at Steelers picks.

1.20: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU. I also like N'Keal Harry here a lot, but unless the trade for AB gets the Steelers another #1 pick, I cannot see passing on Williams.

2.52: Joe Giles-Harris, LB, Duke. A bit of a reach, but I like this and it fills a huge need. There are a couple edge guys as well, but not as big a need in my opinion.

3.84: Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson. At this spot, Mullen is the only one who stands out from the players available. I thought about Marquise Blair here, but I watched him miss a lot of tackles before getting ejected from a few games.

4.123: Josh Oliver, TE, SJ St. Excellent receiver with the size to become a better blocker. I know the Steelers offered Grimble, but it was low. I think this kid can compete for #3.

5.159: To Buffalo

6.176: Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor. I want a WR at or near this spot. Hurd has nice size, speed, and hands. Probably not on active roster in '19, but how much longer are we going with Heyward-Bey or Hunter?

6.194: Qadree Ollison, RB, Pitt. Not Conner and certainly not Bell, but a very big back that can run over defenders.

7. 221: Terronne Prescod, IOL, NC St. Likely a PS player who needs a year in the NFL conditioning program.

Posted (edited)

Updated after Brown and Gilbert trades; * shows the changes. Still using https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

1.20: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU. Same player as previous version. Still like N'Keal Harry here a lot, but I cannot see passing on Williams. There are other WRs in this draft, and none of them are going to replace AB's talent. CB is the greater need, IMO.

* 2.52: Zach Allen, Edge, BC. With the extra pick from Oakland, I'm going with an edge guy this version instead. I don't know of many people happy with Bud Dupree's production.

2.66: Joe Giles-Harris, LB, Duke. Mocks are easier when you have a list to pick from. The guy I reached for in my previous version is still there in this version.

3.84: Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson. Same player as previous version. At this spot, Mullen is the only one who stands out from the players available. I thought about Marquise Blair here, but I watched him miss a lot of tackles before getting ejected from a few games.

4.123: Josh Oliver, TE, SJ St. Same player still. Excellent receiver with the size to become a better blocker. I know the Steelers offered Grimble, but it was low. I think this kid can compete for #3.

* 5. 142: Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia. With this new pick, I take WR earlier than the previous version. This guy is very fast and will be the new deep threat for Ben, allowing JuJu and Washington room underneath. Not a lot of ability in route running, so a special teams addition with occasional plays to go deep.

* 6.176: Sheldrick Redwine, S, Miami. Since I took WR with the extra pick, now I can get a S. I'm expecting Morgan Burnett to be traded or cut, so this is a body to complete for a roster spot with a few others.

6.194: Qadree Ollison, RB, Pitt. Same player still. Not Conner and certainly not Bell, but a very big back that can run over defenders.

* 7. 209: Darius Slayton, WR, Auburn. Another speedy WR who I see as a potential KR/PR initially, with a chance to develop into a solid 3 or 4 at some point.

7. 221: Terronne Prescod, IOL, NC St. Same player still. Likely a PS player who needs a year in the NFL conditioning program.

Edited by cjfollett
Fix typos.

I don't like Allen. He's not very athletic and will struggle in the NFL if asked to be a pass rusher.

Zach Allen is not an edge player.  He is a 5-tech.  A pretty good one but a 5-tech.

Thanks guys, I'm just going by the site and picking who I think is the best player available at the pick. 

I too am not an allen fan and since we have moved brown that day 2 is where i would like to see a wr picked.

I never knew about this site. I like how they give a detailed analysis of the player and not just the rankings of players without any information about them.

7 hours ago, Livewire said:

I never knew about this site. I like how they give a detailed analysis of the player and not just the rankings of players without any information about them.

Yeah, Draft Network is a game changer.