Keenum trade talk

LoganF89

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean realistically we could have any system next year, Gruden is on the hot seat.  

That is true, but still the team would have a need at WR the position...No you don't pick up his 5th year option, but you know him he knows you....With a productive year, I still think you keep your eyes on Doctson....Don't just let him go elsewhere on a one year deal just to get a extra 5th, 6th, or 7th round draft pick.

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

That is true, but still the team would have a need at WR the position...No you don't pick up his 5th year option, but you know him he knows you....With a productive year, I still think you keep your eyes on Doctson and just don't let him go elsewhere for a one year deal just to get a extra 5th, 6th, or 7th round draft pick.

I agree with you, I would keep Doctson around.  But I don't think I've ever seen a player get declined a 5th year option and then remain with the same team.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I agree with you, I would keep Doctson around.  But I don't think I've ever seen a player get declined a 5th year option and then remain with the same team.  

I guess not declined, but the Dolphins redid DaVante Parker.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 8:27 AM, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, it's not likely, but possible that Doctson has a 60 catch, 900 yard and 6 TD season. If we had kept Kirk last offseason, I think Doctson would’ve put up stats similar to that. 

I mean in 2017 he had 6 tds and he didn't get much PT the first month of the season until Pryor got hurt and after we IR’d Pryor. Then also, you have to consider the connections he and Kirk should’ve made in 2017 like Doctson’s dropped TD vs the Broncos and how.Kirk underthrew Doctson vs the Broncos too and missed Doctson on a few passes that could've been TDs throughout the year.

Doctson has the talent to be a double-digit TD WR, he just has to become a better route runner and a more consistent WR to get there. 

Again, it's possible but not likely he gets there IMO. 

I'd love to be wrong, but I see Doctson underwhelming again with another 40-50 catch, 600 yard or less and less than 5 td season.

Maybe that changes as others have said bc Keenum is more of a risk taker than Kirk & Alex in the red zone, but again, I doubt it.

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 8:27 AM, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, it's not likely, but possible that Doctson has a 60 catch, 900 yard and 6 TD season. If we had kept Kirk last offseason, I think Doctson would’ve put up stats similar to that. 

I mean in 2017 he had 6 tds and he didn't get much PT the first month of the season until Pryor got hurt and after we IR’d Pryear. Then also, you have to consider the connections he and Kirk should’ve made in 2017 like Doctson’s dropped TD vs the Broncos and how.Kirk underthrew Doctson vs the Broncos too and missed Doctson on a few passes that could've been TDs throughout the year.

Doctson has the talent to be a double-digit TD WR, he just has to become a better route runner and a more consistent WR to get there. 

Again, it's possible but not likely he gets there IMO. 

I'd love to be wrong, but I see Doctson underwhelming again with another 45-50 catch, 600 yard and less than 5 tds season.

Maybe that changes as others have said bc Keenum is more of a risk taker than Kirk & Alex in the red zone, but again, I doubt it.

Turtle @turtle28

here is the full picture- beer belly and 70’s disco pants- reminds me of me ( except I never had a   gruden gut) heading into studio 54 back in the early 70’s 

D25PbLZW0AII8-I?format=jpg&name=large

If D Jax was here, he’d have more nips to twist with this chubber and Donut Gruden

Edited by Doc Draper

11 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Turtle @turtle28

here is the full picture- beer belly and 70’s disco pants- reminds me of me ( except I never had a   gruden gut) heading into studio 54 back in the early 70’s 

D25PbLZW0AII8-I?format=jpg&name=large

If D Jax was here, he’d have more nips to twist with this chubber and Donut Gruden

I don't care that a QB has a little bit of a belly. They don't - or shouldn't - run around that much anyways and Keenum is actually a pretty good athlete. Just bc you a have a little bit of a belly doesn't mean you can't run.