LoganF89

Keenum trade talk

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

So Keenum and McCoy will both likely be here.  I'd say they probably brought in Keenum because they expect McCoy to start and need a reasonable backup.  To me this means its very unlikely they'll trade up for a QB in this draft (which to me is great news).  If a guy they love drops to 15 sure, but hopefully they'll take someone in the mid rounds.  

no way mccoy starts. he is garbage .

Just now, mar29020 said:

Then Keenum starts and McCoy is backup.  Either way, you don't have two veteran QBs on the roster and trade up for a QB in the draft that will need playing time right away.

Just now, mar29020 said:

Agreed. Keenum is our starter. Keenum is whatever. 

Case Keenum and Alex Smith have very similar numbers from 2018: Grade: Keenum (70.0) Smith (70.2) Yards per attempt: Keenum (6.6) Smith (6.6) Passer rating under pressure: Keenum (52.2) Smith (52.0) Passer rating when clean: Keenum (94.9) Smith (98.2) #HTTR

2 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

Case Keenum and Alex Smith have very similar numbers from 2018: Grade: Keenum (70.0) Smith (70.2) Yards per attempt: Keenum (6.6) Smith (6.6) Passer rating under pressure: Keenum (52.2) Smith (52.0) Passer rating when clean: Keenum (94.9) Smith (98.2) #HTTR

Ya but Alex Smith sucked.

don't love this trade cause it screams 8-8 ish again

Love it should mean we're out of the 1st round QB talk in this drat(Just don't love anyone in draft at QB)

Quick look at Keenum last year noticed the Broncos was 6-6 before Sanders got hurt and 5 of the losses were vs playoffs teams,2 of the wins was vs playoffs teams.

A bit of a cap dump. Based on that Mike Klis tweet, here's what I think just happened:

When they signed Keenum last year, Denver gave him a $6M signing bonus and guaranteed $7M of his 2019 salary. As part of this transaction, the Broncos spent another $500K to split that guarantee in half. One half stays with them, one half travels with Keenum to Washington.

That means, Keenum's cap number goes from $21M to $14.5M (and Denver takes on $7M in dead cap space, but gains back $11M). 

All it cost was a 2020 6th and received a 2020 7th back.

Still, why? It's not like Washington is rolling in the cap space. And it's a one year deal for a 31 year old QB. If we had a ton of space, then sure take the hit and make them pay for the privilege. But this? I don't get it.

Well ... there is one possible situation: this puts Arizona over the barrel a bit. Washington no longer needs to deal for Rosen, but could still take him on, but at a more friendly price for the Skins. Or they walk away and end up with a disaster in 2020 and no QBs, which would allow them to clear the decks.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

A bit of a cap dump. Based on that Mike Klis tweet, here's what I think just happened:

When they signed Keenum last year, Denver gave him a $6M signing bonus and guaranteed $7M of his 2019 salary. As part of this transaction, the Broncos spent another $500K to split that guarantee in half. One half stays with them, one half travels with Keenum to Washington.

That means, Keenum's cap number goes from $21M to $14.5M (and Denver takes on $7M in dead cap space, but gains back $11M). 

All it cost was a 2020 6th and received a 2020 7th back.

Still, why? It's not like Washington is rolling in the cap space. And it's a one year deal for a 31 year old QB. If we had a ton of space, then sure take the hit and make them pay for the privilege. But this? I don't get it.

Well ... there is one possible situation: this puts Arizona over the barrel a bit. Washington no longer needs to deal for Rosen, but could still take him on, but at a more friendly price for the Skins. Or they walk away and end up with a disaster in 2020 and no QBs, which would allow them to clear the decks.

Any thoughts on what this trade could mean on retaining Alex Smith beyond this year or just outright cutting him now? 

51 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I...

I...

I...

I...

...can't.

The pick swap and money are fine. It’s just selling on case keenum lol

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Any thoughts on what this trade could mean on retaining Alex Smith beyond this year or just outright cutting him now? 

He’s gone

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

June 1st cut

10 minutes ago, Woz said:

Well ... there is one possible situation: this puts Arizona over the barrel a bit. Washington no longer needs to deal for Rosen, but could still take him on, but at a more friendly price for the Skins. 

Well, that actually sounds smart I'm not sure about this Front Office making a smart move like tha...

Or they walk away and end up with a disaster in 2020 and no QBs, which would allow them to clear the decks.

...and there we are. The world makes sense again.

I can tell you one thing, if we don't use this to land Rosen and all we end up is getting Keenum, I'm gonna feel like Della Reese yelling at Rhedd Foxx in "Harlem Nights" complaining about the orange juice

"I get my mouth all set for some orange juice and there's just a swallow in the container."

I would link to the video... but...language...

But if you don't know what I'm talking about. Google it.

Business as usual. 

At least they gave up basically nothing for him. 

It sounds like they tore up Keenum’s old deal. Still we wait to hear what the terms of the new deal are. If it’s just $3.5M for this year and then it’s over, I guess I can live with it. If they gave him more guaranteed money and extended it...