Keenum trade talk

LoganF89

Just now, Woz said:

I doubt he would have had that much input into where he was traded. If he cared, he would have preferred to have been cut so he could go where he wanted. The upside is that he still gets $18M (now $18.5M) this year, split between the two teams. Well, $7.5M guaranteed, with a decent chance to make $18.5M.

The question was why he was willing to re-negotiate his contract.  He had to have liked the situation he was going to in order to agree to that.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

The question was why he was willing to re-negotiate his contract.  He had to have liked the situation he was going to in order to agree to that.  

He was paid $500K to allow Denver to make some bookkeeping moves to help them trade him to a team that would likely give him a decent shot at a starting gig in 2019. He didn't lose any money on the deal. In fact, he made money.

So why wouldn't he?

Again, that is based on my read of the Klis tweet.

I may be in the minority, but this is an upgrade over Colt McCoy IMO. Obviously not a big one, but it could be worse. (Blake Bortles, Ryan Tannehill anyone?)

Also the cost is right. That price tag is pennies on the dollar for a "Journeyman Starting QB".

22 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I may be in the minority, but this is an upgrade over Colt McCoy IMO. Obviously not a big one, but it could be worse. (Blake Bortles, Ryan Tannehill anyone?)

Also the cost is right. That price tag is pennies on the dollar for a "Journeyman Starting QB".

If you look at the numbers, Keenum, Bortles and Tannehill are all about the same.  

Numbers are deceiving. I would rather Keenum than either of those two. Anyone that disagrees hasn’t watched Bortles or Tannehill play. I’m not crowning Keenum. I’m just saying, it could be worse. The price and player isn’t that bad.

InsistentEqualAdamsstaghornedbeetle-smal

Hold on Della, there isn’t anything wrong with this. We got a body, cheaply, who will either start or backup preserving our future cap space when we cut Smith. It’s a good acquisition. Won’t impact our record in 19 either so with either of these guys and dumbo we are getting a top 10 pick Next year for our new coach and President  

The Washington media are still saying that the Redskins might not be done. Like WTF more could they do to destroy this fanbase. oh, how about trade for Josh Rosen by giving Arizona the keys instead of the Rams for RGIII?

Related image

It's time. @Doc Draper where you at? 

Why not draft a mid round guy this year, take your lumps with Colt, then draft your stud next year? 

Related image

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Numbers are deceiving. I would rather Keenum than either of those two. Anyone that disagrees hasn’t watched Bortles or Tannehill play. I’m not crowning Keenum. I’m just saying, it could be worse. The price and player isn’t that bad.

I mean its bad if you want to win football games.  

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Keenum: 

Comp%: 62

TD/INT: 64-42 (1844 attempts) 

QB Rating: 84.5 

Tannehill:

Comp%: 62.8

TD/INT: 123-75 (2911 attempts)

QB Rating: 87

Bortles: 

Comp%: 69

TD/INT: 103-75 (2632 attempts) 

QB Rating: 80.6

All fairly below average for today's NFL, which is what this franchise is famous for trotting out there under center since Snyder took over.  Keenum's completion percentage was 27th in the NFL last season, which matched his career rate.  He was tied for 2nd in interceptions thrown.  He was 29th in QB Rating (not ESPN's stat) which was again nearly in line with his career numbers.  

He was absolutely terrible last season despite having a great first year RB, a breakout performance from Courtland Sutton and a legit #1 receiver in Emmanuel Sanders for most of the season.  Just imagine what he's going to do in DC with a broken down Jordan Reed, Guice recovering from an ACL surgery and throwing towards the oft-injured, way overpaid  duo of Josh Doctson and Paul Richardson.  

Archived