Keenum trade talk

LoganF89

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

wellll... good luck there, gents.

Case's miraculous year with the Vikings had more to do with the athletic/ballerina like moves our receivers had then to catch uncatchable balls.

Case did have wonderful escape the pocket moves that extended drives every game, but i don't see that happening on your rough field.

I mean, he had a terrible season with Emmanuel Sanders, Courtland Sutton and Phillip Lindsay.  With the rest of the roster, they aren't quite the guys that you had in 2017 but they aren't slouches, so I'm not counting on anything from Keenum.  Also, Jay Gruden is notorious for playing favorites, and I would say Colt will earn the Gruden name and is the favorite to win the job. 

Also, as much as I've been a critic of our field over the years, it was actually miles better last year than it's been before.  Whatever they did differently, it held up to use really well.  

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I’m done freaking out over this. We’re still getting Rosen or drafting a QB high. Keenum is here because we simply couldn’t go through the Sanchez situation and I don’t for one second believe Colts roster spot is guaranteed. 

Jay Gruden has his favorites, and Colt Gruden is no exception.  Barring anything unforeseen I have to think that McCoy is the in-house favorite to start at this point.  

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Jay Gruden has his favorites, and Colt Gruden is no exception.  Barring anything unforeseen I have to think that McCoy is the in-house favorite to start at this point.  

Honestly, does it matter what Gruden wants? He makes no decisions for this team whatsoever. And we’ve reached a point where it makes no sense to keep Colt. 

22 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, Jay Gruden is notorious for playing favorites, and I would say Colt will earn the Gruden name and is the favorite to win the job. 

One caveat to that: Keenum's contract could be guaranteed whereas Colt's is not.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think it’s a completely open competition and I expect Keenum to win it as long as he plays w/in the offense and doesn’t force too many things that aren’t there, which he ends to do like Rex Grossman but not quite as bad.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, he had a terrible season with Emmanuel Sanders, Courtland Sutton and Phillip Lindsay.  With the rest of the roster, they aren't quite the guys that you had in 2017 but they aren't slouches, so I'm not counting on anything from Keenum.  Also, Jay Gruden is notorious for playing favorites, and I would say Colt will earn the Gruden name and is the favorite to win the job. 

Also, as much as I've been a critic of our field over the years, it was actually miles better last year than it's been before.  Whatever they did differently, it held up to use really well.  

Broncos OL is one of the worst in the league and I thought Sanders tore his achillies during the season. They also don’t have any good TEs.

Keenum will be average. He’ll throw for around 4,000 yards & just over 20 TDs. The key for Gruden is to have Case limit his turnovers. In 2017 Case didn’t have as many turnovers as he usually does and it helped the Vikings win more.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Honestly, does it matter what Gruden wants? He makes no decisions for this team whatsoever. And we’ve reached a point where it makes no sense to keep Colt. 

Jay doesn’t make offseason personnel decisions but he decides who’s on the team. He has roster control.

6 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Could still be after Rosen. The more I look at the trade I actually like it. For the fact that we really didn’t give up much at all and got a vet QB for 3.5 mil for one year who is good competition for colt. Also puts into perspective that we will carry 3 QBs this year with the last 1 being either a rookie or a Rosen trade

Someone on the radio suggested today that we trade Keenum and a 3rd for Josh Rosen. I doubt we do that, but that’s a deal I’d love to see happen!

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Someone on the radio suggested today that we trade Keenum and a 3rd for Josh Rosen. I doubt we do that, but that’s a deal I’d love to see happen!

Why wouldn't Washington do that if they thought Arizona would accept it?

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Why wouldn't Washington do that if they thought Arizona would accept it?

I just don’t think Brice would trade the vet QB he just acquired. We all know they’re about arrogance and wanting to explain how they’re always right even when they’re obviously wrong. Trading Keenum so quick would be seen as admitting the trade to acquire him was a mistake and something they didn’t truly believe in.

Archived