Keenum trade talk

LoganF89

Just now, turtle28 said:

I just don’t think Brice would trade the vet QB he just acquired.

Why not? What's his investment in Keenum? Sliding down the 2020 draft board in the late rounds?

If he can turn that around into Rosen, wouldn't that be a bigger "get" for him (and thus help him keep his job, while actually making the franchise better)?

Just now, turtle28 said:

We all know they’re about arrogance and wanting to explain how they’re always right even when they’re obviously wrong. Trading Keenum so quick would be seen as admitting the trade to acquire him was a mistake and something they didn’t truly believe in.

Or they realized that Arizona would be somewhat naked (metaphorically speaking) at the QB position with only Charles Kanoff (who???) on the roster if they traded Rosen. So, they found a reasonably cheap option at QB with starting experience and has ties to Kingsbury.

Case Keenum at $3.5M is not a bad backup option for Murray and the Cardinals.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/03/08/josh-rosen-trade-news-case-keenum-redskins-impacts-cardinals/3104839002/

Some recent NFL mock drafts had speculated that the Cardinals could take Kyler Murray with the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft and trade Rosen, their first-round pick from a year ago.

Washington reportedly had been interested in Rosen.

Now, however, the Redskins, who own the No. 15 pick in the 2019 NFL draft, could be out as a potential trade partner with the Cardinals.

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Why in the hell would we be out on Rosen because of Keenum? 

From Arizona's perspective, a team that they could have gotten a good deal from now has a lot less incentive to give them that good deal. As such, Arizona might decide to keep Rosen and take Bosa instead. Or maybe they call up Miami instead.

It's a two-way street.

46 minutes ago, Woz said:

From Arizona's perspective, a team that they could have gotten a good deal from now has a lot less incentive to give them that good deal. As such, Arizona might decide to keep Rosen and take Bosa instead. Or maybe they call up Miami instead.

It's a two-way street.

That’s kinda silly. They won’t take the QB they want because they tanked their current QBs value? I still say he’s a Redskin by draft day for at most, a second round pick but I believe it will be a third and a player. 

On 3/7/2019 at 11:58 PM, offbyone said:

Although unlikely, one has to wonder if this means they have faith that Alex Smith will play again.  

Look, the deal is a one year contract.  We could jump to the conclusion that this means we aren't drafting a qb or trading for rosen.  So we get Keenum as a stop gap because there is still hope for Alex Smith and Bruce Allen is still all in on his Alex Smith trade.

My impression is that it was a good deal with good value for us.  But this does not make me one iota more excited about opening day.  It is probably a good move to insure what seems to be the goal of a middle of the road record.

Essentially I would rather do this, let go of all QB's after 2019, and draft a QB for the future. Frankly, if Rosen were to be available, I am convinced that Arizona will dangle the Rosen carrot in front of the Allen horse that he would turn this whole draft over to the Cardinals so he didnt have to work and could sit on Dan's new yacht smokin a Cuban, drinkin whiskey watching Draft Day on IMAX. 

Bruce will screw this up. Badly. 

3 hours ago, mike23md said:

Essentially I would rather do this, let go of all QB's after 2019, and draft a QB for the future. Frankly, if Rosen were to be available, I am convinced that Arizona will dangle the Rosen carrot in front of the Allen horse that he would turn this whole draft over to the Cardinals so he didnt have to work and could sit on Dan's new yacht smokin a Cuban, drinkin whiskey watching Draft Day on IMAX. 

Brice is a lot like Charlie Brown

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, mike23md said:

I disagree. I personally feel Allen has nothing to do with the draft for some weird reason. I think Kyle Smith and Doug Williams pretty much run the draft otherwise Derwin James would’ve been a Redskin. 

20 hours ago, Woz said:

Why not? What's his investment in Keenum? Sliding down the 2020 draft board in the late rounds?

If he can turn that around into Rosen, wouldn't that be a bigger "get" for him (and thus help him keep his job, while actually making the franchise better)?

Or they realized that Arizona would be somewhat naked (metaphorically speaking) at the QB position with only Charles Kanoff (who???) on the roster if they traded Rosen. So, they found a reasonably cheap option at QB with starting experience and has ties to Kingsbury.

Case Keenum at $3.5M is not a bad backup option for Murray and the Cardinals.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/03/08/josh-rosen-trade-news-case-keenum-redskins-impacts-cardinals/3104839002/

You’re thinking logically, Brice Allen doesn’t.

I’m not saying it’s not a good idea, I’d do it in a heart beat. I’m saying I don’t think the Redskins front office will.

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I disagree. I personally feel Allen has nothing to do with the draft for some weird reason. I think Kyle Smith and Doug Williams pretty much run the draft otherwise Derwin James would’ve been a Redskin. 

I hope you’re right, but honestly who the hell knows? And we’ll never truly know.

20 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Why in the hell would we be out on Rosen because of Keenum? 

We should’t be. I hope we get Rosen and I hope he wins the job. If that happens, Colt may end up being cut bc his contract isn’t guaranteed unlike Keenum’s.

Case Keenum will face the Vikings in Minnesota this year. Case & Kirk will meet again!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/09/case-keenum-will-face-the-vikings-in-minnesota-this-year/ via @ProFootballTalk

Yes, Keenum will make his return to the site of the Minneapolis Miracle during the coming season, and it’s a game that instantly becomes worthy of late Sunday afternoon placement, at a minimum. If former Vikings running back Adrian Peterson re-signs with Washington, it could be good enough for prime time.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:59 PM, lavar703 said:

That’s kinda silly. They won’t take the QB they want because they tanked their current QBs value? I still say he’s a Redskin by draft day for at most, a second round pick but I believe it will be a third and a player. 

I'm not saying they are out, but it shifts the game so that Washington doesn't have to make the deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Keenum + 3rd to get the job done, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Rosen is on some other roster because Washington didn't feel pressured to have to make a deal.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You’re thinking logically, Brice Allen doesn’t.

I’m not saying it’s not a good idea, I’d do it in a heart beat. I’m saying I don’t think the Redskins front office will.

I'm hoping someone in the front office is. Yeah, I know ... long odds.

24 minutes ago, Woz said:

I'm not saying they are out, but it shifts the game so that Washington doesn't have to make the deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Keenum + 3rd to get the job done, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Rosen is on some other roster because Washington didn't feel pressured to have to make a deal.

Why wouldn’t the Cards had just traded for Keenum if they wanted him? 

Archived