New Free Agency Plus Draft

Trapt37

So I have been rethinking my strategy to Free Agency and the Draft and here's what I've come up with:

Resign/Extend/ Restructure:

A. Cooper, this is easy resigning save's money off the current final year of his contract

B. Jones Extension simple since the move to CB has been dominate

T. Austin 1 year deal

C. Fleming 1 year deal

Cut:

T. Crawford

S. Lee

J. Heath

B. Maher

Not Resigned:

D. Irving

C. Beasley

Trade:

D. Lawrence- Indy calls and says they wanna sign D. Law to a contract, the contract they wanna offer is to rich for us so we say ok we want your 1st and 3rd this year and 2nd next, they agree and we have a trade...

Sign:

T. Eifert TE Sign to a 3 year heavily incentive-laden deal with low base

D. Shelton DT 1/$5

Markus Golden DE 3/$15 lots of incentives

T. Taylor QB 1/vet min

P Smith LB 2/$12

T. Mathieu S 5/$50 also another thought I've heard is moving Chidobe Awuzie from CB to S if we do that I'd sign

a corner to replace him like Kevin Johnson

J Houston DE 2/$20

Draft:

1-26: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma replacement for C Beasley

2-58: Charles Omenihu, DL, Texas 

3-90: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

3-91: Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M  

4-129: Bobby Evans, IOL, Oklahoma

4-137: Sione Takitaki, LB, BYU

5-167: Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

7-245: Austin Seibert, K, Oklahoma

ok thoughts guys

I don't love the draft, or cutting Lee. But I dont hate it. That is a lot of FAs, Shelton, Mathieu, Preston smith,...I didn't know Golden was available but he made Tyron his biatch in 2017. ..lots of FAs.  Hard to say we didn't get better on paper, but this is just not the Dallas way.

With Witten signed, there’s really no need for another TE. Bad use of money. Let Jarwin and Schultz continues to develop. 

Getting that much for DLaw is going to be tough to swing. I’d bet the 1 and 3 is about as good as it’s going to get. I like the idea though and actually think there is a fair chance Dallas moves him. 

Pteston Smith at $6m/yr? I bet that number id closer to $15m.

If the above happens with DLaw, I believe you have to look BA pass rusher at 26 over a WR. Jaylon Ferguson maybe. 

2 hours ago, Trapt37 said:

so we say ok we want your 1st and 3rd this year and 2nd next, they agree and we have a trade

Stop. 

Try again. 

Unless you mean we get their 1 & 3 this year while giving them OUR 2nd next year. 

I would be ecstatic if we would be able to get a 1st and a 3rd for Lawrence. I think getting a 1st, 3rd and a 2020 2nd is a bit of a pipe dream. I love the idea of signing Mathieu, but 5 years - 50 million isn't enough money to get it done. Getting rid of Crawford, Lee and Heath would be nice as well.  

While I'm a big fan of Brown, I think drafting him with the 26th pick is a bit of a reach (with his injury). At that pick, I would rather have Parris Campbell or another young DE. 

8 hours ago, Trapt37 said:

So I have been rethinking my strategy to Free Agency and the Draft and here's what I've come up with:

Resign/Extend/ Restructure:

A. Cooper, this is easy resigning save's money off the current final year of his contract

B. Jones Extension simple since the move to CB has been dominate

T. Austin 1 year deal

C. Fleming 1 year deal

Cut:

T. Crawford

S. Lee

J. Heath

B. Maher

Not Resigned:

D. Irving

C. Beasley

Trade:

D. Lawrence- Indy calls and says they wanna sign D. Law to a contract, the contract they wanna offer is to rich for us so we say ok we want your 1st and 3rd this year and 2nd next, they agree and we have a trade...

Sign:

T. Eifert TE Sign to a 3 year heavily incentive-laden deal with low base

D. Shelton DT 1/$5

Markus Golden DE 3/$15 lots of incentives

T. Taylor QB 1/vet min

P Smith LB 2/$12

T. Mathieu S 5/$50 also another thought I've heard is moving Chidobe Awuzie from CB to S if we do that I'd sign

a corner to replace him like Kevin Johnson

J Houston DE 2/$20

Draft:

1-26: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma replacement for C Beasley

2-58: Charles Omenihu, DL, Texas 

3-90: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

3-91: Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M  

4-129: Bobby Evans, IOL, Oklahoma

4-137: Sione Takitaki, LB, BYU

5-167: Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

7-245: Austin Seibert, K, Oklahoma

ok thoughts guys