Now that you’ve traded Case Redskins Super Bowl bound?

Doc Draper

I was Shocked you traded us your superstar QB. We are all excited to pair him with our genius quarterback whisper Head Coach and all planning for the next Super Bowl.

Seriously is he as bad as he seemed playing for you or are we getting the guy who played for the Vikings. The reaction to this trade on our forum was like someone left a turd in the bathtub

9 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I was Shocked you traded us your superstar QB. We are all excited to pair him with our genius quarterback whisper Head Coach and all planning for the next Super Bowl.

Seriously is he as bad as he seemed playing for you or are we getting the guy who played for the Vikings. The reaction to this trade on our forum was like someone left a turd in the bathtub

He isn’t good.  He has some athleticism, can make a few impressive throws under pressure or on the run.  At the end of the day though, he’s a guy that needs a very good supporting cast to be effective.  He doesn’t have the arm strength to compensate for anything and Denver’s OL while not great, wasn’t as bad as made out to be and he was seeing ghosts by week 4.

I don’t think he’s even close to as good as Alex Smith.  Smith was a better athlete and processes information quicker, but arm strength wise they may be similar.  I guess at the end of the day, I guess maybe the best comparison is a poor mans Alex Smith, which equals solid backup QB who can win with a supporting cast.

Thanks! Come on over and visit us as we are all working on nicknames for him now: we understand Elway called him Case KeySum. Our team president repeatedly called our only really good quarterback for the past 25 years “Curt” as he clearly didn’t even know his name 

10 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Thanks! Come on over and visit us as we are all working on nicknames for him now: we understand Elway called him Case KeySum. Our team president repeatedly called our only really good quarterback for the past 25 years “Curt” as he clearly didn’t even know his name 

It's funny how starved the NFL is for news right now. You guys swapped a 6th for a 7th next year and are paying what $3M for him? It is a nothing move for a decent backup quality QB. 

Do not let the trade dictate how you feel about the front office either trading for Rosen, or drafting a QB in the first round. I don't think that this move has an impact on either. 

Look Case is a great guy who works hard and provides a positive presence in the locker room. He’s a middling talent, however, and Elway was grasping at straws in signing him since the Broncos are in desperate win-now mode thanks to Joe Ellis’ incompetent executive leadership. We repeated the mistake with Joe Flacco, only difference is Flacco has a ring and a NFL QB physical skill set.

Case will be a solid backup acquired at a fair price for your club. 

Case isn’t a guy who can carry an offense like he was asked to at times last year. He is however a decent QB when playing within a system, behind a good OL (ours sucks, yours is pretty damn good if I remember correctly), with skill players that can take advantage of the middle of the field (is reed healthy? We had no one) 

are you SB bound? Probably not. Would I be surprised if you won the East? Not at all!

5 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Case isn’t a guy who can carry an offense like he was asked to at times last year. He is however a decent QB when playing within a system, behind a good OL (ours sucks, yours is pretty damn good if I remember correctly), with skill players that can take advantage of the middle of the field (is reed healthy? We had no one) 

are you SB bound? Probably not. Would I be surprised if you won the East? Not at all!

I'd be shocked if Washington won the division.  Reed is a ticking timebomb never stays healthy.  Not a matter of if anymore its a matter of when he misses time. I feel like Redskins line is better than ours but their skill positions are very debatable.  

Crowder, Richardson, and Doctson all have been massive under performers.  

And right or Wrong you can say we put Keenum in a bad situation but he still had his second best pff grade career wise with us.

The Vikings year with him was the perfect situation.  Bad defenses faced,dome atmosphere half the time, two close to all pro wrs, a reliable steady te.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:12 PM, Doc Draper said:

I doubt if the Skins will be in the Supper Bowl anytime soon, but Case had such poor coaching and bad protection last season, I believe he will do better for you than he did for us last season. People truly don't understand the value of good coaching.

Archived