Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills "Rumor"

49erurtaza

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

didn't the niners agree to trade TO to Baltimore, but owens was like "nah"

There was more to it than that. He had some leverage in the situation because he filed a grievance which would have halted everything anyway. It was kind of a big mess all around. Basically, the end of his contract was voidable so he could become a free agent. His agent missed the deadline to file the required paperwork to void the deal, so he was stuck being a niner. The niners traded him to Baltimore, he didn't want to go, so he filed a grievance with the NFL that he should be able to be a free agent. 

8 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

If Ian is wrong...

He’s still the best ‘insider’ NFL network has had since Schefter left. JLC was and remains the biggest joke around. I guess this is the risk you run in a business that asks you to be first. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

So what about this, what if the Bills just tossed their name in the hat like all other 3-5 teams, the Bills took a page out of John Dorseys 'find the rat' playbook and leaked false info about the trade to see if there are any untrustworthy people in the FO and the aforementioned rat leaked this 'fake news'

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

He’s still the best ‘insider’ NFL network has had since Schefter left. JLC was and remains the biggest joke around. I guess this is the risk you run in a business that asks you to be first. 

Honestly, there are relatively few people that have the credibility that Schefter has when you look around. Obviously there are some really good beat writers out there, but for national reporters, after Schefty, it gets a little spotty at times on the NFL scene. 

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

So what about this, what if the Bills just tossed their name in the hat like all other 3-5 teams, the Bills took a page out of John Dorseys 'find the rat' playbook and leaked false info about the trade to see if there are any untrustworthy people in the FO and the aforementioned rat leaked this 'fake news'

If I'm Ian I would be so mad lol

Archived