Antonio Brown will NOT be come a Buffalo Bill (lock it)

soflbillsfan

Well Beane and McDermott were smart to cut ties after this stint. Steelers clearly leaked the move. Whether it was hopes for more compensation or just plain sloppiness on their part, left the bills with a sour taste. They never had a chance to contact AB and his reps to discuss a contract to get him to buffalo, kind of like the Shady move. He didnt outright bash the bills, media tried to get him all worked up for a narrative, which some came out but overall was on the same page with the bills because he had a new contract in place. Now that the media circus who are suppose to be unbiased (which they arent) started trolling the whole idea of him going there simply because the bills are a small market team and it is not worth them wanting to talk about the bills. Some media reps even went the weather route of him being miserable in that cold, these geniuses dont realize its 200 mile difference and the weather is pretty much the same in Pittsburgh. With that being said the bills never had a chance to get AB to be open minded about the situation with every one making comments which would then linger on longer with media saying will he or will he not show up to Buffalo until a deal was done. So rather then turning it in to possibly a week or longer circus they moved on from it. This would burden the entire Free Agency period whether or not he will be there and how much money is tied up in him etc. 

This is a blessing.

I love AB as a football player but he's been acting like a selfish diva. Not someone I wanted in our locker room from the beginning.

That said, it was impossible not to get a little excited about the idea of him coming here, however short-lived it was.

11 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

This is a blessing.

I love AB as a football player but he's been acting like a selfish diva. Not someone I wanted in our locker room from the beginning.

That said, it was impossible not to get a little excited about the idea of him coming here, however short-lived it was.

Exactly, whether he wanted to be in buffalo or not we will never know but I dont ever expect the media to ever say wow what a bold move or something positive along those lines when it comes to Buffalo. The hate for a small market team is real and to say he didnt want to come play for the bills because he wants to go to a super bowl contender is laughable. Did he honestly think a team willing to make a move for a player that needs a WR would be a team thats been to the superbowl or close to it? There is a reason no one is running to Pittsburgh to trade because ABs realistic idea of this ideal situation isnt happening. Media can continue to bad talk the bills about this move but they need to start chirping about how bad the steelers brass is handling this. Its Friday and they demanded best and final offer this morning yet he is still a member of the steelers, I wonder why that is?

Holy hell, what did I just wake up to? I am on the west coast and had to sort through all this craziness. Rapoport is such a clown. I never believe his reports until they’re confirmed by more reliable sources. So glad this isn’t happening. His personality would be a terrible fit for this organization. I am a little confused as to why McDermott and Beane would even want this guy? He doesn’t seem like a McDermott guy whatsoever. This makes me question the process a little bit.

11 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Holy hell, what did I just wake up to? I am on the west coast and had to sort through all this craziness. Rapoport is such a clown. I never believe his reports until they’re confirmed by more reliable sources. So glad this isn’t happening. His personality would be a terrible fit for this organization. I am a little confused as to why McDermott and Beane would even want this guy? He doesn’t seem like a McDermott guy whatsoever. This makes me question the process a little bit.

Rapoport isnt to blame here, I blame the steelers for leaking the information before the deal was done. Bills had no chance of getting a new contract done after the media started trolling the situation. The media saying AB nicked the deal is a joke , we have no clue what happened either way I am good with the outcome for the bills and they can focus on other players who are hitting the Free Agency

40 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Rapoport isnt to blame here, I blame the steelers for leaking the information before the deal was done. Bills had no chance of getting a new contract done after the media started trolling the situation. The media saying AB nicked the deal is a joke , we have no clue what happened either way I am good with the outcome for the bills and they can focus on other players who are hitting the Free Agency

Right on.

Since McDermott and Beane got here we have been the exact opposite of the Whaley/Rex era. We've been tight-lipped and quiet up until the moment things become official.

The Steelers likely leaked this if anyone. It doesn't matter anyways. 

AJ Green?  Julio Jones?  Even Odell Beckham, Jr.?  Nothing should be ruled out now, whether that involves trades for players or draft picks, what free agents they may target, and how aggressive they’ll be in their pursuit for them. 

The Bills are going big-game hunting.  Their first shot didn’t connect.  Let’s see how they re-load.

Sal Capaccio quote that I felt was spot on. 

Don't count us out as big players on someone like Odell anymore. One way or another we're going after the big areas of need and this offseason is going to be exciting.

1 minute ago, NickChowaniec said:

Sal Capaccio quote that I felt was spot on. 

Don't count us out as big players on someone like Odell anymore. One way or another we're going after the big areas of need and this offseason is going to be exciting.

I rather go Aj over the others, Julio not a bad option at all. Odell would be clamoring to get out of Buffalo as quickly as possible once one thing goes wrong. I think Cleveland would be a good spot for him since hes been buddy buddy with Landry but outside of that I dont see him wanting to be there. He seems to remind me of McGahee unappreciative of the fans and accepting of the culture. 

Archived