Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Steelers22

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Bell and Brown aren’t on the Steelers because of money. 

Plain and simple. 

All the other stuff is to distract you from the fact that they want more money. 

They didn't earn thier Money? You said forget the other stuff. So lets talk numbers. Bell and Brown numbers speak for themselves. Also had Ben had relationships with Brown and Bell the way it seems Brady, Gronk, and Edelman have I think money wouldn't mattered as much. These guys put their bodies on the line so Yes they deserve to be paid. Brown took that hit from the dude with the Bengals but he's not suppose to make sure the league pays him. Yall tripping tripping! They play the game to win a rings Thats a 3 headed tandem that should've been able to win and get paid together. 

Edited by Skins212689

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

They didn't earn thier Money? You said forget the other stuff. So lets talk numbers. Bell and Brown numbers speak for themselves. 

with the restructure of browns contract last year he effectively was paid 31 mil last year. Brown has twice been paid as the top wr in the league by the steelers. Bell was offered to be the highest paid rb in the league and turned that down. You act as if the team was trying to cheat them in some way. These are 2 very different scenarios but in both cases it was all about money. So now i wait for your ace in the hole argument "but bens a rapist"

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Had Ben had better leadership and Communciation skills I don't see Bell and Brown not still Steelers is my point. You and others can disagree but I stand by that.

Because of you’re vast experience in the Steelers lockeroom?

If AB needed money that bad.... 

That makes me wonder.

He DENIED the Bills deal. He wanted to go to San Fran, but settled for Oakland....

I wonder what legal trouble he got himself into here. Gambling perhaps? Maybe something more serious / illegal? Buffalo isn't exactly FAR from Pittsburgh.... but San Fran was; then again, so is Oakland.

Just speculating, but if he wanted money THAT BADLY and was OKAY WITH OAKLAND or San Fran.... Makes me think why he wanted to go to the West Coast so badly. He didn't even consider Miami, which is his hometown.

• Like 1

I just want to know how you let a player play you the fool like this.

2017: 4 year, $68 Million extension, making him the highest paid WR at the time
2018: restructures, front load him some money
2019: demand trade AND a new deal with team

So Brown gets exactly what he wants with his 3 year $50mil Raiders contract, Steelers get a whopping 3rd and 5th round pick and subsequently have a $21mil cap penalty to pay in 2019. I mean congratulations to Brown and his agent on completely and utterly playing the Steelers and the league like a fiddle. Just remember, its not about money its about respect. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

So Brown gets exactly what he wants with his 3 year $50mil Raiders contract, Steelers get a whopping 3rd and 5th round pick and subsequently have a $21mil cap penalty to pay in 2019. I mean congratulations to Brown and his agent on completely and utterly playing the Steelers and the league like a fiddle. Just remember, its not about money its about respect. 

i am not one to assault another man but if i was to run into AB or rosenhaus i wouldnt be shocked  if my 4 year old happen to kick them in the dork

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Because of you’re vast experience in the Steelers lockeroom?

No because of the vast experience of other QBs who have been in lockerooms in this same type of situation. His lack of communication with Brown off the field doesn't concern any of you? Why didn't they have a off thd field relationship? Is that all Browns fault? Despite what anyone says about Browns character his on the field production speaks high volumes.

49 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Not to be that guy, but that was the point.... And AB is looking on as JuJu scores.

Clearly, the locker room did NOT have his back. These guys saying AB was their guy were guys clearly trying to save face so they could still get value out of him.

Personally, I LOVE THIS DEAL. The problem is GONE. You still got basically a late 2nd value out of a guy who 2 days ago publicly stated he wouldn't go to another team after a deal was done.

SCREW. BROWN. We re-tool and move forward. 

While I agree with this for me it's less about liking or not liking the deal and more about a lost credibility for this team as long as culvert is the general manager

On 3/8/2019 at 4:21 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Really hoping it's a 3rd plus a 5th or something, but I think it'll be more. Getting Cooper for a 1st and Brown for likely less is a great move by Gruden.

I'm obviously very happy with the trade. At least you got good value from the Bryant trade last year.

7 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Brown mentions how he felt disrespected and work them at thier own game. You can't do this at a 9-5 but a player like Brown can do this in the league. Some people just dont know how much Respect and Communciation matter in situations. 

Is it actually Colbert? Even in 2010 when they dumped Santonio for a 5th, the marching orders came from Art II. Everyone knew the team was done with Holmes and they had no leverage of any kind. I'm pretty sure a similar story is going to come out here. Hell, in 2010 that moron Art II was willing to dump Ben so he could rush to the podium to draft Sam Bradford. It was Colbert who killed the trade talk by stalling. We already have evidence with Art II allowing Brown to post that Twitter picture and coming out and saying that they'd trade Brown while earlier in the off-season openly saying that it was tough to envision him being back.

The only way to win with Brown would have been to make him think the team would really call his bluff and force him to come back. But if the owner publicly and privately makes it known that they aren't going to take that route, you end up with this circus where Brown calls his own shots.

I don't even know how you can blame Colbert for Bell. No player has done what Bell did. Is Colbert responsible for how the team structures contracts, or is that again a Rooney thing/we do what we do?

Art II has this idea of the Steelers way in his head that really isn't the Steelers way as practiced by his father. The only good thing he ever did was call out Cowher after 2004. But whatever motivated him to do that, he doesn't have it anymore.

Just now, NFL Network said:

Hi can someone explain why the Steelers are still on the hook for 21 million in Brown's dead money since they traded him to another team? Is that 21 million from a signing bonus which can't be carried over to a new team via trade?

Yea its due to the restructure last year. Steelers converted a lot of money into a bonus, resulting in the biggest dead money pit in league history this year. lol

DO NOT attempt to let Colbert off the hook. Its 100% Cobert. He is the one that talked firmly about settling for nothing short of a 1st round pick and more. He is the one that drafted Dupree, Jones, and a 3rd round project safety. 

He he made statements he didnt have the ability to back up and now he and the organization looks like a bunch of clowns.

The narrative will be "lets let Colbert tell us what he wants, then we will cut that by 2/3 and he will jump on it because he acts on desperation."

He will never get a trade he desires moving forward.

Edited by wwhickok