Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Steelers22

7 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Yea its due to the restructure last year. Steelers converted a lot of money into a bonus, resulting in the biggest dead money pit in league history this year. lol

Oh I didn't know that. I think the league should make when players are traded the new team should inherit his entire contract and make them the ones responsible for paying him as it's not fair the Steelers trade a guy and still owe him money. I can understand when you cut a guy you are still responsible for paying him what's owed/guaranteed but this situation is crazy.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He he made statements he didnt have the ability to back up and now he and the organization looks like a bunch of clowns.

Do people recall that Colbert made those comments just days after his owner stated they'd give Brown what he wanted after meeting with the little nitwit in person? Colbert's combine comments were a product of trying to put the genie back in the bottle, but it was too late. Rosenhaus and Brown already knew they'd won.

I'll jump on the fire Colbert bandwagon if it's business as usual during free agency.

Just now, NFL Network said:

Oh I didn't know that. I think the league should make when players are traded the new team should inherit his entire contract and make them the ones responsible for paying him as it's not fair the Steelers trade a guy and still owe him money. I can understand when you cut a guy you are still responsible for paying him what's owed/guaranteed but this situation is crazy.

They don't actually owe Brown any money, he's not getting any more money from the Steelers. The cap penalty is from the bonus that was already paid to Brown, had he stayed on the team the cap hits would be spread out the 3 remaining years of his contract. 

57 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

No because of the vast experience of other QBs who have been in lockerooms in this same type of situation. His lack of communication with Brown off the field doesn't concern any of you? Why didn't they have a off thd field relationship? Is that all Browns fault? Despite what anyone says about Browns character his on the field production speaks high volumes.

What are Devante Adams and Aaron Rogers doing this weekend? What about AJ Green and Dalton? Do you see the plans of Matt Ryan and Julio? Or are you just talking again? 

Lol vast experience of other QBs. You mean the assumption you are making that all other QBs are best buddies with their receivers and have Sunday dinner because it matches your narrative. I’m gonna jump out on a limb here and say the end of your knowledge here is that Brady took Gronk and Edelman to the Kentucky derby that one time.

And if there is one thing I know about communications, it’s that it’s a two way street. So if you like to live in assumption world, let me join you for a minute: 

Why didn’t AB have better communication with Ben? Why didn’t he offer to workout in the offseason or invite Ben to his Miami home? Ben has shown up all over other players instagrams and in their charity events, but why doesn’t brown ever have Ben around?  (Please, im literally begging you, tell me that I don’t know that AB never did that...pretty, pretty please). 

Edited by Dcash4

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Steelers reneged on the deal a couple of minutes before the trading period starts? Not that I want this nauseating saga to continue but to see the meltdown of that egomaniac would be incredible.

I'm content with everything. Maybe it's my it's because I've grown so extremely tired of the constant drama this team has had the past few seasons that I'm just relieved this over with. They got rid of an extremely selfish player that only cares about himself. He is a phenomenal talent but not a team player at all. I enjoyed all the great plays he had but I definitely won't miss the circus he was a part of.

Ben now doesn't have to worry about the fragile ego of Brown to force him any passes that get picked off.

Lets see what moves will be made in FA and the draft.

Edited by Livewire
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 5:20 PM, Chieferific said:

5 1st round picks. So 3 more then everybody else. Great. Those can be hit or miss. As a Raider fan you should know that. You have 2 or 3 players on your roster of worth and it appears you're trying to trade one of them (Carr). Those extra 3 picks will be important because this is quite possibly the worst roster in football. As I said, you will not convince me that ANY player taken late in the 1st will be better then AB will be for the next 3 to 5 years. OK. 

This aged well.

31 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

I saw that tweet as well. I wonder if the deal has more coming our way since they got a new deal done? 

This seems like pure speculation just to get more views on their page.  The steelers know they are getting screwed from a value standpoint--snarky remarks on twitter isn't going to somehow bring that to light for them.  If the Steelers back out of the deal, there may actually be long-term consequences going forward regarding how other teams deal with them AND it will only add to the circus that has been this franchise for the past two years.  Additionally, from the Raiders perspective, why would you add any value?  The deal was agreed upon and you know the Steelers have no other options.

The trade is over and done with, lets all move on

Edited by Steelers22

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Can you expand with who said it? What context?

One of the commentators said he had a source that said On at least 2 occasions  the Steelers had to advance checks to him.  Didn’t have any more information than that but was trying to find more out. As I said, take it for what it’s worth, in the new age of “journalism “ It could all be bs, or it could be someone mad about AB, or it could be true for some reason. Very few players seem to understand how fast $ goes, between taxes, agent, the lifestyle they live, child support  etc. but hard for me to imagine he was broke. Hopefully we’ll hear more if it’s true

40 minutes ago, Livewire said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Steelers reneged on the deal a couple of minutes before the trading period starts? Not that I want this nauseating saga to continue but to see the meltdown of that egomaniac would be incredible.

I'm content with everything. Maybe it's my it's because I've grown so extremely tired of the constant drama this team has had the past few seasons that I'm just relieved this over with. They got rid of an extremely selfish player that only cares about himself. He is a phenomenal talent but not a team player at all. I enjoyed all the great plays he had but I definitely won't miss the circus he was a part of.

Ben now doesn't have to worry about the fragile ego of Brown to force him any passes that get picked off.

Lets see what moves will be made in FA and the draft.

NO - this is a MUST RENEG situation. You aren't getting fair value for him, so you let him prance around with his new highest paid WR contract and new three year, $54m year deal. But oh wait, we never submit the paperwork and we DO NOT submit paperwork until we receive fair compensation for Antonio Brown.

Fair compensation now being OAK 35th overall and 66th overall picks